PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else unhappy with their Kickers

MadisonFootball
October 2nd, 2005, 03:03 PM
Anyone else mad about their teams kicking game. JMU has historically had problems getting a good Kicker, we are swiching around trying to get a decent one, and we really cannot rely on any of them. We keep missing chip shots and XP's. I am not talking about an occasional one either. I was curious if anyone else has their kicking woes out there like we do?

As a side note:

W&M has the best kicker probably in any division of football with Kuehn (sp?)

Hansel
October 2nd, 2005, 03:07 PM
SDSU fans will probably argue that Vinatieri is the best kicker, while UC-Davis fans will complain about their kicking woes this season.

NDSU has a great punter, and a solid place kicker

catbob
October 2nd, 2005, 03:08 PM
Anyone else mad about their teams kicking game. JMU has historically had problems getting a good Kicker, we are swiching around trying to get a decent one, and we really cannot rely on any of them. We keep missing chip shots and XP's. I am not talking about an occasional one either. I was curious if anyone else has their kicking woes out there like we do?

As a side note:

The kicking game has been kryponite for the Cats as long as I can remember. This year is a step up, Hastings has only missed 1 xp and 1 FG (5-6). But Bolton kicked 2 or 3 kickoffs out of bounds against ISU, that will never help win a game.

swaghook
October 2nd, 2005, 03:11 PM
UC-Davis has a right to grumble about their kicking game, it cost them the games they lost. NDSU only missed one important FG that I can think of.

Coastal89
October 2nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
Yea, Hoke missed a 57yd attempt last week right after he made that 49 yarder. Bum :o

skinny_uncle
October 2nd, 2005, 04:04 PM
I'm sure Missouri State has a beef on this one after missing 3 field goal attempts against the Salukis yesterday. In defense of their kicker, one of those misses came as a result of a less-than-perfect snap and another was probably caused by heavy pressure as he rushed it to avoid a block.

Tribe4SF
October 2nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
As a side note:

Don't know if he's the best, but he's certainly one of the best. Now the all-time A-10 FG leader, and will likely pass Steve Christie as W&M's all time leader by the end of the season.

Here he is making a little 46 yarder in Harrisonburg last year.

blur2005
October 2nd, 2005, 07:16 PM
Don't know if he's the best, but he's certainly one of the best. Now the all-time A-10 FG leader, and will likely pass Steve Christie as W&M's all time leader by the end of the season.

Here he is making a little 46 yarder in Harrisonburg last year.
That was quite a kick. Good thing we more than got even for it in the playoffs... :)

grizband
October 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
After having Chris Snyder for four years, any Griz kicker is going to have some shoes to fill. In yesterdays game, our kicker missed two kicks from about 40 - 45 yards (one was short, the other was wide). As a sophomore, he still has time to mature, which hopefully happens later this year.

DTSpider
October 2nd, 2005, 07:29 PM
Is this a trick question? Richmond has probably had the worst kicking in college football in the last 5 years. We missed 3 field goals under 35 yards at Lafayette. We are able 75% on extra points this year. Our starting kicker hasn't made a field goal since last October.

Remarkably this is an improvement compared to the past. I don't think people will every forget the missed PAT (about 15 feet left of the upright on a perfect snap & hold) in the 17-16 loss to UVA.

mainejeff
October 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure if Maine even has a kicker..... :confused: :(

rokamortis
October 2nd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Yea, Hoke missed a 57yd attempt last week right after he made that 49 yarder. Bum :o

He also just hit his 100th PAT. He has been solid for us for 3 years.

SuperJon
October 2nd, 2005, 08:47 PM
I think Hoke is 7/11 now. Of the four he's missed, one was the first one of the season, two were blocked, and the other was a 57 yarder he just didn't hit right. He's made them before.

What was even better was yesterday, we had a bad snap on a PAT and Rob Williams (our punter who is very good) had to short hop it, then he got the placement good, and Hoke kicked it hard enough that even though it was blocked it still made it through the uprights.

Lehigh Lover
October 2nd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Lehigh's kicker can be God-awful. Delaware can thank him for missing the overtime extra point giving the Hens the win.

Hoo-ah
October 2nd, 2005, 10:12 PM
I would rather have "umassfan" kicking for UMass the rest of the season then the freshman we have right now. At least "umassfan" is confident. ;)

DotCat
October 2nd, 2005, 11:08 PM
Chris Vought finally graduated WCU, but I still "Vought NO".

blackfordpu
October 2nd, 2005, 11:11 PM
Sam has one of the best kickers in the SLC if not in I-AA. Can't say I am unhappy with him one bit. :)

Kill'em
October 3rd, 2005, 06:15 AM
Gotta love our kicker.He hasn't missed a field goal in his career. He consistently sends his kickoffs out of the endzone. His Achillies heel, he occasionally doinks his extra point attempts off the goalpost :confused: He has good competition. His backup is a freshman who holds the Georgia High School record for the most 50 yard field goals in ONE GAME!

SuperEagle
October 3rd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Gotta love our kicker.He hasn't missed a field goal in his career. He consistently sends his kickoffs out of the endzone. His Achillies heel, he occasionally doinks his extra point attempts off the goalpost :confused: He has good competition. His backup is a freshman who holds the Georgia High School record for the most 50 yard field goals in ONE GAME!
Maybe you love him alot more than I do. While he is great on FG's, he has missed 7 PAT's in his past 17 games. Not sure what his problem there is but an average HS kicker can make XP's at a more consistent rate than him.

SoCon48
October 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
ASU's punting game..unhappy? Suicidal is a better word.
Hopefully both the kicking game and the punting game will improve if it's true that the kicker no longer will be responsible for both kicking and the punting.
He is still young and now can concentrate on just one aspect.

soweagle
October 3rd, 2005, 08:40 AM
I have to agree with SuperEagle. PAT have been iffy and his kickoff's are never deep if the game is close. He seems to have no problem kicking into the endzone when we are up by three touchdowns.

ChickenMan
October 3rd, 2005, 11:47 AM
UD has real problems with their kickoffs. Their Fr kicker made his only FG attempt and I'm OK with him as the FG guy... but his kickoffs are dreadful... only to the opponents 10 or 15 yrd line. UD tryed the backup on kickoffs vs Towson and he really wasn't any better. Big time improvement is needed... but then UD has a lot more serious worries than their kickoff man...

DTSpider
October 4th, 2005, 12:30 PM
At Richmond I've learned that if the kickoff is in bounds than it was good. Seriously, we kick at least one a game out-of-bounds. You guys need to experience real problems before you complain. I'd throw a damn party if UR kicked it routinely to the 10.