PDA

View Full Version : McNeese Throws Together FB Game

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2005, 08:21 AM
NW State has put up this article about hosting the McNeese State Cowboys as they'll have a "home" game against Texas Southern this coming Saturday. Tx Southern was set to play NW State last week in a game that was washed out. Congrats to McNeese for throwing this game together!

NATCHITOCHES -- For once, McNeese State will be welcome visitors in Turpin Stadium.

Northwestern State will provide its football stadium and game management staff next Saturday so that hurricane-affected teams from McNeese State and Texas Southern can square off in a hastily-arranged matchup to make up for games lost due to two massive storms.

Meanwhile, the Demons will be playing in their Southland Conference opener on the road next Saturday afternoon at Sam Houston State.

Northwestern was to have played host to Texas Southern on Sept. 24, but Hurricane Rita resulted in cancellation of that game. The Tigers had Oct. 8 as an open date, just as the Cowboys did, and NSU director of athletics Greg Burke helped facilitate the agreement for the teams to meet in Natchitoches.

"We're glad we're in a position to provide help to our sister institution, McNeese State University," said NSU director of athletics Greg Burke. "Texas Southern has also lost two games due to the hurricanes this season, so when we realized the open dates matched up, and our Demons were going to be on the road at Sam Houston, we were excited about being able to lend a helping hand to make this game happen."

McNeese and Northwestern both operate as part of the University of Louisiana system of higher education and are members of the Southland Conference. They are also intense rivals in all sports.

"Rivalries are fun, but this is a time in this part of the country that we all are reaching out trying to provide as much help as we can to those people who have been affected by the hurricanes," said Burke. "We'll do everything we can to make this a good experience for the McNeese and Texas Southern teams and their fans, and we appreciate the opportunity."

Kickoff will be 3 p.m. next Saturday and there will be only one admission charge, $15.

http://www.nsudemons.com/story.asp?ID=1685

JohnStOnge
October 2nd, 2005, 08:31 AM
As I said on the McNeese board: This makes me happy...kind of like the first green shoot poking its way through the ashes.

Thanks Demons.

kats89
October 2nd, 2005, 09:06 AM
As I said on the McNeese board: This makes me happy...kind of like the first green shoot poking its way through the ashes.

Thanks Demons.

Since when is NW St your "sister institution"? :D

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2005, 12:16 PM
SLC Sister, well maybe a half or step sister :eek: :D

We are certainly appreciative and thankful for the Demon, Lion and maybe future ULL assistance in helping us get our season rolling again. :bow:

mainejeff
October 2nd, 2005, 12:40 PM
This will be a great game. This could be a playoff elimination game for the loser.

TexasTerror
October 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
This will be a great game. This could be a playoff elimination game for the loser.

Did you just get TEXAS SOUTHERN mixed up with TEXAS STATE - SAN MARCOS? :D Hillarious!

FYI, Texas Southern is a member of the SWAC and if they have a chance to go to the playoffs this year, I'd bet every team in I-AA does. Tx Southern has gotten off to a rough start, though they did knock off Alabama A&M this week...

Hansel
October 2nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Prior to their win this week, Tex Southern had lost 16 in a row, including a loss to Prairie View

igo4uni
October 2nd, 2005, 02:48 PM
Class act on the part of Northwestern State.

peace

igo4uni

Dallas Demon
October 2nd, 2005, 03:47 PM

This is a joke, right? :confused:

McNeese75
October 2nd, 2005, 04:28 PM
Prior to their win this week, Tex Southern had lost 16 in a row, including a loss to Prairie View

Hey, it is a I-AA game!!!

Based on how the Southern Jaguars have done so far this year, this could be the equivilent of playing them :D

GeauxLions94
October 2nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
This will be a great game. This could be a playoff elimination game for the loser.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Apparently, one too many drinks for you in the AGS Lounge ;) Better lay off the Donk stuff :o

TexasTerror
October 3rd, 2005, 07:35 AM
This is a joke, right? :confused:

I honestly don't think it was a joke...

Texas St-San Marcos was listed as TSU on that A&M broadcast and it's not the first nor last time that has been the case...

Lots of folks outside this region may very well get the two confused...

SUjagTILLiDIE
October 3rd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Hey, it is a I-AA game!!!

Based on how the Southern Jaguars have done so far this year, this could be the equivilent of playing them :D
Although we have started slow this season 1-2, we are a much better team than TSU. We would have beaten McNeese :D . We don't have a problem stopping running teams. Now on the other hand passing teams with very athletic QB's are killing us :mad: .

McNeese75
October 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
Although we have started slow this season 1-2, we are a much better team than TSU. We would have beaten McNeese :D . We don't have a problem stopping running teams. Now on the other hand passing teams with very athletic QB's are killing us :mad: .

LOL, what have you been smoking. I watched your last game on TV and saw exactly what the Jags look like. You could not stop our running or passing game (even if we have been off for over a week) and that "Star" QB you have is nothing to write home about. Keep on dreaming SU because the Jags are not through taking their lumps in the SWAC this year and jeez it is going to be ugly at Reliant in November :D