Weems
March 30th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Date Opponent
Sat, Aug 30 at South Florida

Sat, Sep 6 Baker University

Sat, Sep 13 Concordia

Sat, Sep 20 at Austin Peay*

Sat, Sep 27 at Murray State*

Sat, Oct 4 Tennessee State* (Homecoming)

Sat, Oct 11 Eastern Illinois*

Thu, Oct 16 at Tennessee Tech*

Sat, Oct 25 Jacksonville State*

Sat, Nov 8 at Auburn

Sat, Nov 15 at Southeast Missouri*

Sat, Nov 22 Eastern Kentucky*

I give credit to my Skyhawks for going out and playing 2 FBS teams, but to schedule NAIA Baker and i couldn't even find any info on Concordia, what is the deal? We don't have a single FCS out of conference game this year... That has got to hurt us, right?

nwFL Griz
March 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
It depends on which Concordia it is. There are 4 of them. I assume it will be the one out of Alabama. If it is, they are an NAIA school. They are also playing Texas Southern this year.

If you are talking about playoffs...yes, I think it will hurt you. Unless you manage to win one of those FBS games, or get the autobid.

Tribe4SF
March 30th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Have to win your conference to have any shot at playoffs.

UNHWildCats
March 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
is this schedule gonna get a new thread every time someone else posts a different schoopls thread? I swear theres been atleast 3 other threads for this schedule

nwFL Griz
March 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
is this schedule gonna get a new thread every time someone else posts a different schoopls thread? I swear theres been atleast 3 other threads for this schedule

I thought the same thing when I read it. I don't think this final version has had its' own thread, though. We just talked about it in your thread or the schedule thread by BJ....either way, hopefully this is the last time we see it.

Weems
March 31st, 2008, 06:56 PM
sorry, had no idea it had been discussed. Not here alot around offseason, i searched for ut martin, and nothing came up. What thread is it in?

nwFL Griz
March 31st, 2008, 09:38 PM
sorry, had no idea it had been discussed. Not here alot around offseason, i searched for ut martin, and nothing came up. What thread is it in?

No sweat man. Check this out here:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39429

Maroons
April 4th, 2008, 09:10 AM
That is an interesting schedule... Without any inside info, it looks to me like the department needed some cash (hence the two FBS games) and was unable to schedule an FCS nonconference game (hence the two non D-Is).

I don't see this schedule allowing much chance of helping the OVC in the GPI or the polls.

813Jag
April 4th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Date Opponent
Sat, Aug 30 at South Florida

Sat, Sep 6 Baker University

Sat, Sep 13 Concordia

Sat, Sep 20 at Austin Peay*

Sat, Sep 27 at Murray State*

Sat, Oct 4 Tennessee State* (Homecoming)

Sat, Oct 11 Eastern Illinois*

Thu, Oct 16 at Tennessee Tech*

Sat, Oct 25 Jacksonville State*

Sat, Nov 8 at Auburn

Sat, Nov 15 at Southeast Missouri*

Sat, Nov 22 Eastern Kentucky*

I give credit to my Skyhawks for going out and playing 2 FBS teams, but to schedule NAIA Baker and i couldn't even find any info on Concordia, what is the deal? We don't have a single FCS out of conference game this year... That has got to hurt us, right?
I'll be there to the Skyhawks on 8/30. xthumbsupx

hawkeye
April 9th, 2008, 12:33 PM
That is an interesting schedule... Without any inside info, it looks to me like the department needed some cash (hence the two FBS games) and was unable to schedule an FCS nonconference game (hence the two non D-Is).

I don't see this schedule allowing much chance of helping the OVC in the GPI or the polls.

Take the money you earn for Auburn and South Florida, turn around and pay the NAIA for HOPEFULLY a win........plus........dont forget the new turf field. Yes it hurts AND.....the players hurt the most when an Auburn linebacker knocks snot bubbles from your facemask. xsmhx

89Hen
April 9th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Sorry Weems but I agree. No I-AA's OOC in four tries = a crappy schedule in my book. xnonono2x

Weems
April 11th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sorry Weems but I agree. No I-AA's OOC in four tries = a crappy schedule in my book. xnonono2x

Agreed 100%. The football program def. needs money like an earlier poster said, and that is why the FBS teams, but turnaround and schedule 2 guranteed wins against NAIA, not even DII or DIII. I'm kinda shocked at that one. o well, got the Blue and White game tomorrow! Go Skyhawks