PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Wide Open...

ButlerGSU
October 1st, 2005, 07:50 PM
After this Saturday, the SoCon is up for anyone to take...

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
App State looks like the cream of the crop right now. But... wait 'til next week. Ya never know what will happen on "any Given Sarurday" !!!!

Eaglegus2
October 1st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Western looked like the cream of the crop before today themselves. It's wide open right now.

CatamountBK
October 1st, 2005, 08:50 PM
WCU has a good defense, it's just that the offense isn't worth a damn right now.

dungeonjoe
October 1st, 2005, 10:29 PM
it may be up for grabs but it seems to be flying around ready to land on someone ;) like one of those South Georgia gnats

grizband
October 1st, 2005, 11:00 PM
I think the Big Sky is in a similar situation as the Southern. It seems as though about 4 to 5 teams could challenge for the title. Coming last week ISU looked like a spoiler team, then they dropped a close one to MSU. EWU looked to be dominant coming into this year, though they haven't shown it. Neither have other pre-season favorites UM and MSU.

catamount man
October 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM
WCU has a good defense, it's just that the offense isn't worth a damn right now.

Our offense isn't worth 10 DAMNS!!! No excuse for that crap against Citadel. Poor coaching! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Baldy
October 1st, 2005, 11:47 PM
Our offense isn't worth 10 DAMNS!!! No excuse for that crap against Citadel. Poor coaching! GO CATAMOUNTS!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

Were the Cat's caught looking past el Cid? :eyebrow:

We seem to match up pretty well. Your weak O against our weak D, and your strong D against our strong O.

DotCat
October 2nd, 2005, 12:05 AM
Our offense isn't worth 10 DAMNS!!! No excuse for that crap against Citadel. Poor coaching!

Yep, reminded me of the infamous "jump down, turn around, pick a bail of cotten" episode from two years ago. Just think, we will have the same ****ty coaching next year due to the contract extention. Plus, our QB sucks and has for some time. The pain, the agony, the horror. Looks like I need to lower the P&G to half staff.

CatamountBK
October 2nd, 2005, 12:45 AM
Yep, reminded me of the infamous "jump down, turn around, pick a bail of cotten" episode from two years ago. Just think, we will have the same ****ty coaching next year due to the contract extention. Plus, our QB sucks and has for some time. The pain, the agony, the horror. Looks like I need to lower the P&G to half staff.

lol, and morale is back down to normal levels apparently...

:rolleyes:

catamount man
October 2nd, 2005, 06:26 AM
lol, and morale is back down to normal levels apparently...

:rolleyes:

Actually, after calming down a little and sleeping on it, I still feel pretty good about the season. GSU, UTC, and ASU look to be our toughest games. We should beat Elon and Wofford. If we can go 5-4 with another win over App.State, I'll feel pretty good. Dot spoke of Brigg's extension. We had no choice but to do that. To can a coach who has suffered the health problems that Kent has suffered would've given other SoCon coaches more than enough ammo during recruiting season and that would've NOT been a good thing. It was good PR and it needed to be done. Do I think we'll beat GSU? No. Do I think we can make a good game of it? Absolutely. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ButlerGSU
October 2nd, 2005, 10:01 AM
I sure hope you are right but I think the game Saturday will be extremely close. If Sewak can keep our players focused and disciplined we will be alright. If not we'll shoot ourselves in the foot again...

Eagles_Cliff
October 2nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
You Cats are understandably feelin' a little down right now, but I still think you have the best defense in the SoCon. With a strong defense, things can happen. Next week is still a bigger game than usual for us. I like you idea about beating App. St. though.

As for the rest of the SoCon...Appy obviously has the advantage, but are beginning the tough part of their schedule next week at Furman.

Chattanooga should be 5-2 (2-1) heading into week 8 and their home game vs. WCU. Could be an interesting matchup.

El Cid :eek: Ole Miss, Furman, GSU, Wofford, Chattanooga....nuff said

I didn't think Wofford was very good before or after they beat GSU. Their offense can move the ball, which makes them competitive, but their defense is very suspect.

The Vermin will do or die next week. They've been less than stellar thus far, and must prove to be contenders or pretenders against Appy.

Appy probably should win the SoCon being the most balanced team, but they've shot themselves in the foot too much in recent seasons to make that call just yet.

GSU have done what we needed to do the last two weeks and that's great. Improvement on both sides of the ball, but consistancy is hard to get from young 'uns.

Elon usually upsets someone...who will be the victim?