PDA

View Full Version : TTU football: JUCO's or freshmen?

TTUEagles
March 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
www.herald-citizen.com/index.cfm?event=news.view&id=CD152E97-19B9-E2E2-67CD8AC2B66D78DB

Intersting question posed: To recruit a lot of JUCOS for a short-term fix or go with all/mostly freshman (when you have lost a lot of seniors the year before)?

I like what Coach Brown is doing. It may take until next year to show it, though.

Golden Eagle
March 23rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Yes, thinking long-term, that's a good sign. Heck, any thinking at all is a good sign.

Maroons
March 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
If you can find quality JUCO guys that can fill holes and contribute now without being discipline distractions, I say take em. The only danger with going after Freshman is hoping that the school keeps you around to see them through 5 years later. Whichever path, I hope it translates to nonconference victories and national rankings for TTU.

EKU05
March 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
I'm not anti-JUCo or transfer by any means, but I'd avoid becoming whatever it was that Murray State became under Joe Panunzio. There is a happy medium that can be reached (and Murray is doing just fine now under Griffin).

soweagle
March 23rd, 2008, 08:39 PM
Yes, thinking long-term, that's a good sign. Heck, any thinking at all is a good sign.

I really hope tech can turn their program around. I never went there but my mom, dad and brother are all alumni. Even though I will never be a true fan of TTU, I have enough of a connection to Cookeville to hope for the best.