PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Spring Football Starts Today

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2008, 04:34 PM
And you can check out my extensive spring preview on the blog:

http://lehighfootballnation.blgospot.com

Keeper
March 22nd, 2008, 05:05 AM
Your blog has starting OG Chris Tiefenthal both graduating and returning.
Can you tell us which one??

Nicely done preview.
Would like more of same for other schools.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 22nd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the catch. I fixed it - Tiefenthal is coming back as a senior. (A very important guy on our line too!)

Lehigh74
March 23rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Good job as usual LFN. I have two bones to pick with your analysis. You failed to mention sophomore 295 nose tackle Phil Winnett who played a lot last year and, at this point, is clearly ahead of Brailler on the depth chart. Second the sophomore kick returner who did such a great job last year is John (not Joe)Kennedy.

ngineer
March 23rd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Good job as usual LFN. I have two bones to pick with your analysis. You failed to mention sophomore 295 nose tackle Phil Winnett who played a lot last year and, at this point, is clearly ahead of Brailler on the depth chart. Second the sophomore kick returner who did such a great job last year is John (not Joe)Kennedy.

Yes, Winnett showed he can be a player last year as a freshman. Braillier teaming up could certainly take up a lot of territory in the middle to let the LBs roam...HOWEVER, the run game on offense is going to be crucial with untested QBs and if Braillier can make the switch, his presence on the OL could yield huge gains on the ground game. There could be some experimentation in the spring--the time to try new stuff and see whether it shows promise for August.
QB should be wide open. Bokosky is more familiar with the offense, but the arms seems lacking to me on the deep ball. He's also not the tallest, and downfield vision could be a problem. I do agree he showed a lot of toughness last year, but making smart decisions and showing the ability to deliver the ball will be the test. April 19 is a most anticipated date.xnodx