View Full Version : Patsy (Recruiting) Ratings - Colgate

carney2
March 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM
COLGATE TOTAL = 64

QUALITY = 23: Overall, 10 (31%) were rated by Rivals and/or Scout. No recruits received any stars from Rivals and 8 received 1 star from Scout. Last year, 8 (28%) of the recruits were rated.

CLASS SIZE = 7: 32 recruits.

DISTRIBUTION = 9: At least one recruit in each of the 9 positions considered in this system.

SPEED = 12: Five recruits earned speed points based on the limited information available.

TRIGGER = 0: Two QB recruits; neither rated.

JUMBO =5: 3 of the 5 OL recruits were 275 or greater, and 2 of the 7 DL recruits were 250 or greater.

NEEDS = 8:

Defensive Line = 3 (of 5): 7 recruits; 2 weighing in at 250 or more; 1 rated, with no stars.
Running Back = 2 (of 4): 4 recruits; 1 rated, but with no stars. There has been a lot of buzz on PL boards (not just Colgate’s) about one of these recruits who received nary a mention from either recruiting service. Could it be that some folks have just been venting their hometown/regional bias?
Offensive Line = 3 (of 3): 5 recruits; 3 weigh in at 275 or more; 2 rated (both in that 275+ club), one with a star.

Results to Date:

1. Lehigh 74
2. Fordham 71
3. Colgate 64
4. Lafayette 58
5. Bucknell 53

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Pretty sure LB Chase McMann was getting chased by Lehigh as well... looks like Colgate won the battle.

Of course, with the number of LBs recruited and already at Lehigh...

This looks like an "underrated" Patsy team, IMO.

carney2
March 21st, 2008, 03:34 PM
This looks like an "underrated" Patsy team, IMO.

Maybe. I get those feelings about these things sometimes after I add the numbers. I felt, and still feel, for instance, that Bucknell's class is not quite as good as its points would indicate, and that Lafayette's is slightly - and only slightly - better. This one, I think, is right on - in 3rd spot with two shoes yet to drop. My concern, if I were a toothpaste guy, would be that they were in this "middle range" last year too.

ngineer
March 21st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Pretty sure LB Chase McMann was getting chased by Lehigh as well... looks like Colgate won the battle.

Of course, with the number of LBs recruited and already at Lehigh...This looks like an "underrated" Patsy team, IMO.

I know. We'd alway like to get them "all", but not possible, and especially with the numbers we have a LB, I can see a recruit figuring he'll have a better shot at playing sooner than later elsewhere. Of course, there can be many other factors that we never know about.

colorless raider
March 21st, 2008, 05:31 PM
Maybe. I get those feelings about these things sometimes after I add the numbers. I felt, and still feel, for instance, that Bucknell's class is not quite as good as its points would indicate, and that Lafayette's is slightly - and only slightly - better. This one, I think, is right on - in 3rd spot with two shoes yet to drop. My concern, if I were a toothpaste guy, would be that they were in this "middle range" last year too.

I am not worried, I like this group alot.:) :)

carney2
March 22nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
I am not worried, I like this group alot.:) :)

Sounds just like the Lafayette faithful. They know that this is a good group because they're sure.

Lehigh74
March 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
It is obviously important to recruit great players. However, equally (if not more important) is developing and coaching the players that are recruited. Both Biddle and Tavani have proven track records in the developing and coaching area.