PDA

View Full Version : U.Tampa football

terrierbob
March 19th, 2008, 02:27 PM
The Spartans had s team from the 30s until the 1974 season. They beat Miami in the Orange Bowl in '70 and had some notable alumni, including Freddie Solomon and John Matuszak. Any hope for a resurrection?

danefan
March 19th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Maybe...I mean the State of Florida is really hurting for college football teams.....xrolleyesx

Seriously though. I have no clue. Isn't USF in Tampa?

813Jag
March 19th, 2008, 02:46 PM
UT won't be bringing back football at anytime soon. There haven't been any talks about bringing back the program. They had a great program until the Bucs came.

Danefan, USF is located in Tampa as well.

MplsBison
March 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
USF doesn't even have an on campus stadium.

Franks Tanks
March 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Neither does NDSU xsmiley_wix -- Nor does Miami, Minnesota, Pitt, USC, UCLA, those teams have done ok

danefan
March 19th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Off campus stadium = BEER = better for urban schools (imo)
xbeerchugx

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 04:14 PM
xbeerchugx

agreed!xthumbsupx

WUTNDITWAA
March 19th, 2008, 04:23 PM
xbeerchugx

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. I wonder if we can get KBS moved off campus for three hours every other Saturday? xreadx

813Jag
March 19th, 2008, 04:31 PM
What does that have to do with University of Tampa? xconfusedx Did you just figure that one out. xlolx

JmuSkinsfan
March 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Hmmmmmm. Interesting. I wonder if we can get KBS moved off campus for three hours every other Saturday? xreadx

Yes, but do you really want to have an option to buy a $6 beer? Especially if you've been drinking in the parking lot, I don't think you would hesitate to throw down a good amount of dough in the stadium to keep drinking. I say flasks are the more efficient way to go anyway ;)

813Jag
March 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM
xbeerchugx
That's the best part of going to Raymond James. xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
March 19th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Neither does NDSU xsmiley_wix -- Nor does Miami, Minnesota, Pitt, USC, UCLA, those teams have done ok

Actually, the Fargodome is located on the NDSU campus. The land it's on is NDSU campus land, and the building is owned by the city. NDSU is the main tenant and owner of the property, but not the building.

WUTNDITWAA
March 19th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Yes, but do you really want to have an option to buy a $6 beer? Especially if you've been drinking in the parking lot, I don't think you would hesitate to throw down a good amount of dough in the stadium to keep drinking. I say flasks are the more efficient way to go anyway ;)

For what I'm paying for a 20 oz bottle of coke anyway, I'll toss in a couple more dollars for a beer. xbeerchugx

Eyes of Old Main
March 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I say flasks are the more efficient way to go anyway ;)

xbowx

D1scout
March 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Hey, I thought the University of Tampa eventually became UCF?xconfusedx

Franks Tanks
March 20th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Hey, I thought the University of Tampa eventually became UCF?xconfusedx

Absolutely not, University of Tampa is a private university with no ties to USF or UCF

chrisattsu
March 20th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Where are you getting a $6.00 beer? Whenever I go to a Spurs game it costs me $7.75 to get a beer now a days.

Libertine
March 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
UCF is in Orlando.