Appinator
March 19th, 2008, 09:47 AM
as of 3-16-08 also a few of new baseball field under construction

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%203-16-08/

Nice post, Thanks for all of the pics!xthumbsupx

ButlerGSU
March 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Looks good.

Is the baseball stadium going to have all aluminum seating like the pictures with people in them show or are those temporary?

tarmac
March 19th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Baseball. they only have half of the chair backs installed, lots of work yet to do on the clubhouse and pressbox. and yes the entire seating area including the part you stand on is aluminum except for the plastic chair backs

roysboi12
March 19th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Those pictures are a lot better than goasu's pic

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Cant wait to see it all complete. Great pics thanks!

eagle1
March 19th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Is it just me or does the construction appear to be moving very slow? It really doesn't look much different then when we there in December for the quarterfinals. I remember somebody saying that they have to blast alot of rock in order to build the foundation but it seems to be going very slow. I would assume that it will be ready by the 2008 season. Should be very nice when it is finished. Go Eagles!!!

AppStFan76
March 19th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Is it just me or does the construction appear to be moving very slow? It really doesn't look much different then when we there in December for the quarterfinals. I remember somebody saying that they have to blast alot of rock in order to build the foundation but it seems to be going very slow. I would assume that it will be ready by the 2008 season. Should be very nice when it is finished. Go Eagles!!!

You always have to consider weather in Boone. Construction always slows down from Nov. to about April there. The Problem usually on big commercial protects is that its some contractor from Charlotte or Hickory or another more metro area, and they don't factor in the weather delays because they're not used to the area and assume that things are just like they are where they're from. Also terrain as well as rock is a big factor that a lot of contractors don't take in to account. I'll be surprised of the project is done anywhere near the expected dead line

lillycafe
March 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM

The additional seating (4400 more) on the East (visitors) side is supposed to be completed by the 2008 season, but the new press box facility will not be ready until 2009.

AppGrad06
March 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
The additional seating (4400 more) on the East (visitors) side is supposed to be completed by the 2008 season, but the new press box facility will not be ready until 2009.

I think they can get the seating expansion done. In one of those photos I saw what looked like a hole that has been dug for a footing. If that is the case, then the footings should be poured soon (weather permitting). After that things should progress much faster, until it is time to bend re-bar and pour concrete for the risers.

soweagle
March 19th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Looks good!

feb18blacksunday
March 19th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I went over and saw concrete trucks all over, Looked like they were gettin some footer poured.

appsfan
March 19th, 2008, 07:51 PM
It looks like the have moved a lot of dirt on the East side since I was last in Boone two weeks ago. Let's keep it rolling!

GaSouthern
March 25th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Anyone have pictures of what the visitors side will finally look like? Looks to be coming along great! Will we get real bathrooms on the visitors side now?

Millwoch
March 25th, 2008, 09:56 AM
as of 3-16-08 also a few of new baseball field under construction

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj310/dmanuhone/kbs%203-16-08/

I thought Appy's baseball park would be bigger than that. Do you guys like the turf field? I bet a baseball bounces pretty good on it. We have the same turf for a football practice field and it is pretty weather resistent.

No question that more seats are needed for Football. Looks great. How many will be ready for next season?

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Anyone have pictures of what the visitors side will finally look like? Looks to be coming along great! Will we get real bathrooms on the visitors side now?

I haven't seen any official renderings of what the new side will look like, but this is what I hear.

It will not be like the other side instead it will have an actual overhang over the lower level. I have heard it will be all actual seats, no bench seating. There will be new bathrooms and concessions as well as places for you to stock up on your App State gear. I have heard conflicting rumors about leaving room under the overhand to put in more luxury boxes at a later date, my gut says there will be room. Everything I hear about it is first class, I am really looking forward to the new concourse with all the concessions and bathrooms. The Chancellor has been adament about getting rid of all the porta-johns and so they will all be gone. This will add about 4400 seats to the stadium. I for one can't wait to see an actual rendering of the plans and I cannot understand why they have not been released yet.

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Here is an old rendering of some proposed plans. I would guess the new stands will be similiar but leave out the new field house, the towers, the cover over the seats, and the boxes.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
The visitors side is really a better side to be on. Later in the year as the temps drop that side is in the sun a lot longer. It can get pretty cold on the Home side as the sun is going down.

james_lawfirm
March 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
The visitors side is really a better side to be on. Later in the year as the temps drop that side is in the sun a lot longer. It can get pretty cold on the Home side as the sun is going down.

Myself, I prefer the home side. Just add layers if you get cold. The problem on the east side is the sun is in your eyes throughout the game.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Myself, I prefer the home side. Just add layers if you get cold. The problem on the east side is the sun is in your eyes throughout the game.

I've only sat on the visitors side a couple times. But I never had a problem with sun that a pair of sunglasses wouldn't fix.

furman94
March 25th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Here is an old rendering of some proposed plans. I would guess the new stands will be similiar but leave out the new field house, the towers, the cover over the seats, and the boxes.

That would be amazing! I'm loving the field house! What happened to those plans?

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Those were the origional plans back in like 2002 or 2003 when the feasibility study was done. I am with you I love those plans as well but I think we are doing what is right we aren't losing any space only adding on. Looking ahead long term I think we may see something like that with the field house just not for a while.

My prediction is that we lose the track before we see a new fieldhouse but who knows maybe it all happens at once, especially if our program continues to grow.

lizrdgizrd
March 25th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Those were the origional plans back in like 2002 or 2003 when the feasibility study was done. I am with you I love those plans as well but I think we are doing what is right we aren't losing any space only adding on. Looking ahead long term I think we may see something like that with the field house just not for a while.

My prediction is that we lose the track before we see a new fieldhouse but who knows maybe it all happens at once, especially if our program continues to grow.
Where could we move the track to? I don't think it's going anywhere.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 01:33 PM

I agree, the track will go before a new field house is built. But I like the idea of it allhappening at one time.

Of course we'll have to pay $10,000 for parking and Yosef club will be $5,000 min.xwhistlex

AshevilleApp2
March 25th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I agree, the track will go before a new field house is built. But I like the idea of it allhappening at one time.

Of course we'll have to pay $10,000 for parking and Yosef club will be $5,000 min.xwhistlex

xlolx xlolx xlolx And I'll still be parking for free near the courthouse. xsmiley_wix xthumbsupx

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Where could we move the track to? I don't think it's going anywhere.

State Farm, that is really the only place. If we keep growing as a program I think it will happen, just no time within the next 5 years. If we have a relapse and fans stop comming in the numbers they are and the money doesn't keep flowing then it will stay, so we will see.

I heard Cobb say that he would like to take the crown off the field and go to make the actual field football only. This is suposed to happen the next time we resurface, if of course Cobb is still with ASU by then and I hope to God that he is. I would also suspect this would be the best time to take the track out.

I do acknowledge that we have a great track team and whatever the fate of the track is in the future it should most definately be a first class facility.

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 01:45 PM

There will never be a minimum on the Yosef clube they will take whatever you can afford to give them, you just might get less.

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 02:00 PM
There will never be a minimum on the Yosef clube they will take whatever you can afford to give them, you just might get less.

Yeah I know, that was more of a joke that anything. the whole change to KBS is going to be wierd for me I grew up in Boone and Watauga High School used to play our games there. Dont get me wrong I cant wait ,it will just be wierd

lizrdgizrd
March 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
State Farm, that is really the only place. If we keep growing as a program I think it will happen, just no time within the next 5 years. If we have a relapse and fans stop comming in the numbers they are and the money doesn't keep flowing then it will stay, so we will see.

I heard Cobb say that he would like to take the crown off the field and go to make the actual field football only. This is suposed to happen the next time we resurface, if of course Cobb is still with ASU by then and I hope to God that he is. I would also suspect this would be the best time to take the track out.

I do acknowledge that we have a great track team and whatever the fate of the track is in the future it should most definately be a first class facility.
Then where will the freshmen park their cars all week? xconfusedx

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 02:40 PM

When did Freshmen get parking spaces?xconfusedx

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 02:42 PM

I think it will be more a question of where will they play flag football and other intramural sports. I do wish I had all the answers Lizard but these are just my best guesses.

Or the question will be how do we chop down these trees to create more space and not cause an uproar.

GGASU
March 25th, 2008, 02:52 PM
I am happy that the students finally get some additional seating.

Hopefully there won't be any problems with the students and opposing teams.:)

neersnbeers
March 25th, 2008, 03:21 PM
My best friend from high school has a house at the top of Moretz Dr. behind the Mushroom. Told him to never get rid of it. Sweet easy walk thru the pines.xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
March 25th, 2008, 03:31 PM
My best friend from high school has a house at the top of Moretz Dr. behind the Mushroom. Told him to never get rid of it. Sweet easy walk thru the pines.xthumbsupx

If that's the house on the very top of the hill I envy him. Did some partying there several years back.

Saint3333
March 25th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I've only sat on the visitors side a couple times. But I never had a problem with sun that a pair of sunglasses wouldn't fix.

There is no visitor side only two visitor section (about 1,500 seats). Note that the visiting fans are separated from the student by two sections of Yosef members, good move IMO.

http://www.goasu.com/subPage/117/

Appinator
March 25th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I love the old plans that TDY had posted. Those were presented to us my freshman year in Student Government during the end of the study to see if we could/should move to I-A. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was how the field house looked like a jumbo version of Trivett.

Moving the track out to state farm wouldn't be all to bad, in fact, the reason why these original plans got scrapped was because when Kenny came in, he wanted to move the entire football stadium out to state farm, leave KBS how it was or down size it for track, and build a better complex out there with a fresh slate. State farm is really the only area that could be done at feasibly, and the parking lot there could have been upgraded with a parking deck to fit in nicely. Those fields won't be there for long though, they are going to get used for something other than intramural games (dorms, future medical school, plant ops, etc.)

AppStFan76
March 25th, 2008, 04:12 PM
App bought some land near the Perkinsville area several years ago when I was still living there and the talk at that time was to move the stadium there. The people they bought the land from said that it was never disclosed that those were the plans during their original discussions, they were told is was going to be used for housing for professors etc.(strickly residential) then after they bought it started planning for the new stadium there. App backed off of theie plans for the stadium in that location to keep from creating a huge issue.

Touchdown Yosef
March 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM
I like the on Campus stadium I think it makes the gameday experience that much better, and I am glad we have made the effort to keep it there with upgrades.

Here's a question: could part of the stadium lot be modified and a parking garage put in? (not saying that is what I want to happen but is it possible) or perhaps the justice lot?

neersnbeers
March 25th, 2008, 05:58 PM
If that's the house on the very top of the hill I envy him. Did some partying there several years back.

It is. (Back yard firepit?)But in all reality when he completes his MBA this spring it'll prob. be gone....xsmhx

DLS
March 25th, 2008, 06:44 PM

ah the shroom. greatest job i ever had till the owner died.

SoCon48
March 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM

Actually there is already a minimum to be a member of the Yosef Club...$100. Sure they will take anything you give but you won't be a member unless you pony up the C note. xrulesx

The $100 level is called "Friend of Yosef." You get a decal.

AppAlum2003
March 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
ah the shroom. greatest job i ever had till the owner died.

So how long exactly were your dred locks? :D

Saint3333
March 26th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Actually there is already a minimum to be a member of the Yosef Club...$100. Sure they will take anything you give but you won't be a member unless you pony up the C note. xrulesx

The $100 level is called "Friend of Yosef." You get a decal.

Not true even at the "<$100 level" you still get a decal and newsletter. xthumbsupx

http://www.goasu.com/page/7/

AppStFan76
March 26th, 2008, 10:39 AM
There is no visitor side only two visitor section (about 1,500 seats). Note that the visiting fans are separated from the student by two sections of Yosef members, good move IMO.

http://www.goasu.com/subPage/117/

I've always called that side "visitors". Maybe because when WHS played there it was the visitors side. I agree though, good move separating the additional student section from the Visitors section by putting Yosef club seating in between.

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 11:15 AM

They could put the track in around the rugby field. The field is pretty pitted and what not, but for javelin discus and shot put you don't need a pristine field any way. Plus if it was also used for track I imagine they would fix the field up a bit anyway.

Touchdown Yosef
March 26th, 2008, 11:17 AM
They could put the track in around the rugby field. The field is pretty pitted and what not, but for javelin discus and shot put you don't need a pristine field any way. Plus if it was also used for track I imagine they would fix the field up a bit anyway.

I would think they would build a small complex with turf and move soccer and field hockey over there as well.

neersnbeers
March 26th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I've always called that side "visitors". Maybe because when WHS played there it was the visitors side. I agree though, good move separating the additional student section from the Visitors section by putting Yosef club seating in between.

Dude. It's gonna get loud!!!xthumbsupx

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I would think they would build a small complex with turf and move soccer and field hockey over there as well.

I suppose they could put it or rugby on the other side of the creek

DLS
March 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
So how long exactly were your dred locks? :D

I wasnt one of the wookies

AppStsGr8
March 26th, 2008, 05:36 PM

Soccer has a nearly brand new field at State Farm. No room for a track around it though.

AppGrad06
March 26th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Soccer has a nearly brand new field at State Farm. No room for a track around it though.

I forgot they were putting that at state farm

appsfan
March 30th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I was in Boone this week end and It appears some progress has been made to the press/luxury box construction on the West Side. What I saw appeared to be an (elevator?) shaft of some sort which is being built that is about 6 to 10 feet high. That is the first tangible construction I've seen other than the retaining wall and grading on that side.

APPALACHIANstate
March 30th, 2008, 10:12 PM
I was in Boone this week end and It appears some progress has been made to the press/luxury box construction on the West Side. What I saw appeared to be an (elevator?) shaft of some sort which is being built that is about 6 to 10 feet high. That is the first tangible construction I've seen other than the retaining wall and grading on that side.

That aint' no elevator, thats a mine shaft.

Appinator
March 31st, 2008, 09:23 AM

I think you're right. Pics were posted Friday evening of the progress on GOASU.

AppMan
March 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Regarding the baeeball field. 1,000 seats with alumninum bleachers on the sides and chairbacks in the middle. Some additional bleacher seating with possibly a deck is/will be placed down the right field line for students. Along with the indoor - heated - hitting and pitching areas, when the pressbox / restroom / concession building and clubhouse are finished it will be as good of a baseball complex in the SoCon.

The EAST deck will not have chairback seating. Bleachers with backs on them in the middle sections. The new seating will overhang the existing lower level about 4 rows and be 15 feet above it leaving enough space to add additional suites should the need arrive. We will actually lose about 300 seats of the existing stands due to code requirements. The first 3-4 rows of Section 3A in the WEST stands are being taken out to make way for a handicap area. When the expansion of the EAST stands and the addition of the club level seating and suites is completed KBS will seat around 22,000. However, the student sections usually pack in an additional 1500 to 2000 and the bank seating will allow for about 32,000 people to occupy KBS. The main concession stand has been taken out to free up the congestion in that area and the women's bathrooms will be converted to mens. All of the restrooms in the new building will be for the ladies. As of right now, no plans for any additional buildings once the the main building housing the pressbox / clubroom / suites / athletic administration / home locker room / weight & training rooms / concession stands and bathrooms is completed. Personally, I'd like to see Owens taken down and replaced with an entrance plaza and smaller building to one side for the visiting team locker room. The field will be leveled out with the next installation of Field Turf. The track could easily be moved to State Farm and the existing Soccer Field be converted to Field Hockey. Should that happen additional seating for 7-8,000 can easily be placed in the North Endzone. That would put us in the neighboorhood of 40,000.

neersnbeers
March 31st, 2008, 11:41 AM
I'm just excited bout the Presby game being under the lights!!! A regular season game too!!! Who wouldve known