PDA

View Full Version : Misc. Schedule news

nwFL Griz
March 18th, 2008, 07:53 AM
While surfing the vastness of the college football landscape in search of schedule news, I came across the following:

Seems San Diego will host Azuza Pacific on Sep 6.

Nicholls St will play at New Mexico St on Sep 4. Their second FBS game, also playing Memphis on Sep 20.

Speaking of Nicholls St....any Colonels fans out there heard anything about the schedule being released sometime soon?

GeauxLions94
March 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM
While surfing the vastness of the college football landscape in search of schedule news, I came across the following:

Nicholls St will play at New Mexico St on Sep 4. Their second FBS game, also playing Memphis on Sep 20.

Speaking of Nicholls St....any Colonels fans out there heard anything about the schedule being released sometime soon?

Official on the NMSU game ... Colonels To Open against Mumme, Air Raid (http://www.nmstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1900&ATCLID=1414142)

Pauly LB
March 19th, 2008, 12:28 AM

San Diego hosting Azuza Pacific -- and San Diego wonders why they are not able to get any respect !!!

mvemjsunpx
March 19th, 2008, 03:32 AM
San Diego hosting Azuza Pacific -- and San Diego wonders why they are not able to get any respect !!!

USD always plays Azusa Pacific. They're rivals or something like that.

nwFL Griz
March 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM
USD always plays Azusa Pacific. They're rivals or something like that.

Maybe so....but if they were serious about making the playoffs/garnering respect in FCS, they need to discontinue this rivalry, until such time that they get in an autobid conference, or they become good enough to where they don't need a schedule with zero fluff.

Uncle Buck
March 19th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Maybe so....but if they were serious about making the playoffs/garnering respect in FCS, they need to discontinue this rivalry, until such time that they get in an autobid conference, or they become good enough to where they don't need a schedule with zero fluff.

True. Hofstra used to have a nice rivalry with DII CW Post, but they were dropped to upgade the schedule when we moved to 1AA. USD should be looking bigger, especially when you come from a non-autobid conference.

slostang
March 19th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Cal Poly would love to play San Diego. I hope it happens this year.

ncbears
March 19th, 2008, 03:34 PM
San Diego needs to come to Greeley. Or was that not a home/home? USD fans, help me out.