PDA

View Full Version : SIU's new Under Armour Jerseys

siugrad99
March 16th, 2008, 10:06 PM
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u5/SIUGRAD99/2008Jerseys.jpg

SIU is becoming the only FCS school to be outfitted in Under Armour Uniforms. Starting this season we will have these which look sweet. The VP of UA is an SIU alum and has done great things to assist the program. UA has been outfitting the team with all their other equipment for atleast last season if not the last 2 seasons.

Should be nice to see on the field. Many SIU fans feel that Under Armour might have a large presence in the new stadium when it opens in 2010.

Hoyadestroya85
March 17th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I like em.. what kinda cleat are you guys using?

Bison77
March 17th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I like em.. what kinda cleat are you guys using?

You'll be able to tell from the jerseys!! Oh I guess that would be everyone else's cleats. xlolx

MplsBison
March 17th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Thank god. No more Rawlings uniforms in FCS!

I really like UA's products. I hope they start to compete with Nike and Addidas for a larger share of the College football uniform market.

They already have Maryland, Texas Tech, Auburn and now Hawaii.

Hoyadestroya85
March 17th, 2008, 11:27 AM
You'll be able to tell from the jerseys!! Oh I guess that would be everyone else's cleats. xlolx

You never know.. delaware wore under armour socks with their nike cleats and Jerseys

Touchdown Yosef
March 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Good lookin unis SIU.

I am sure that UA connection will work out very well for you in years to come. Best of luck.

siugrad99
March 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
That billboard of Edwards is SWEET !

NorCalJack
March 18th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Those Uni's look nice. Can't wait to see them against the Jacks this year.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!

Mountain Panther
March 18th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Me likey.

HiHiYikas
March 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I wish they'd kept the old typeface for numbers. SIU's jerseys were among my favorites because of the way the numbers looked.

csuBUC06
March 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM
Thank god. No more Rawlings uniforms in FCS!

I really like UA's products. I hope they start to compete with Nike and Addidas for a larger share of the College football uniform market.

They already have Maryland, Texas Tech, Auburn and now Hawaii.

and South Carolina xthumbsupx

SO ILLmatic
March 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
and South Carolina xthumbsupx

and North Texas

SideLine Shooter
March 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM

SIU is becoming the only FCS school to be outfitted in Under Armour Uniforms. Starting this season we will have these which look sweet. The VP of UA is an SIU alum and has done great things to assist the program. UA has been outfitting the team with all their other equipment for atleast last season if not the last 2 seasons.

Should be nice to see on the field. Many SIU fans feel that Under Armour might have a large presence in the new stadium when it opens in 2010.

Look Goood!!! I'm hearing from some that they are not very durable though. Better luck with yours.:) xthumbsupx xpeacex

SALUKI NATION
April 8th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Where did you find these pictures of the new SIU design?

SALUKI NATION
April 8th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Where did you find these pictures of the new SIU designed jerseys?

SALUKI NATION
April 8th, 2008, 02:45 AM
Where did you find the pictures of the new SIU Under Armour designed uniforms?

Any idea about the pants and is the helmet staying the same?

MplsBison
April 8th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I hope they get rid of that ridiculous fading stripe they use down the middle of their helmet.

Those type of stripes should be banned from football.

813Jag
April 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
USF also has under armour uniforms.

MplsBison
April 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM
South Florida has nike, unless you were talking about some other USF.

813Jag
April 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
South Florida has nike, unless you were talking about some other USF.
I figured you would have known this (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2007/nov/18/cb-under-armour-a-good-fit-for-usf-teams/?sports-colleges-bulls) already.

Last year was their last year wearing Nike.

MplsBison
April 8th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I am sure I have seen that somewhere.

You post implied they were already wearing UA as of last season, which is not true.

813Jag
April 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I am sure I have seen that somewhere.

You post implied they were already wearing UA as of last season, which is not true.
You read things they way you want to. I said USF has UA uniforms which they do. I didn't imply that they wore them last year. You're a weird person. xnonono2x

SO ILLmatic
April 8th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Utah & Hawaii will also be sporting UA in the upcoming season

uofmman1122
April 8th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Not bad looking, but not what I'd want my team wearing. I'm just not a fan of that style.

appstate38
April 8th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Good looking jerseys... Don't know if this was covered but what color are the pants???? Plus I'm glad to see the upgrade because in the playoffs last year I remember seeing several guys on TV that had the numbers coming off their jerseys.

MplsBison
April 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Utah & Hawaii will also be sporting UA in the upcoming season

Wow, Utah was just announced today.

UA is picking up steam, that is for sure. Now that Reebok is gone, it is nice to see a US company picking up the slack.

MplsBison
April 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Not bad looking, but not what I'd want my team wearing. I'm just not a fan of that style.

You would rather be the only team in FCS that gets their uniforms from a tennis company?

uofmman1122
April 9th, 2008, 12:29 AM
You would rather be the only team in FCS that gets their uniforms from a tennis company?lolwut?

Who makes the uniforms doesn't really matter to me. We could sport Hanes uniforms, and I'd be down with them, so long as they looked good. xlolx

SIUallDay
April 9th, 2008, 01:49 AM

I just hope SIU uses a style of numbers similar to the Rawlings jerseys...

Tod
April 9th, 2008, 04:55 AM
lolwut?

Who makes the uniforms doesn't really matter to me. We could sport Hanes uniforms, and I'd be down with them, so long as they looked good. xlolx

MlpsBison is all about how you're perceived. Got to have the best of everything. He's a spoiled brat.

MplsBison
April 9th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I am not saying everyone has to go out and get the top of the line Nike stretch jerseys that only last one year.

But for crying out loud, Wilson jerseys?

That's not DI.

That's not even DII.

SALUKI NATION
April 10th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Does anyone have the link for where this picture came from or any more information reguarding the jersey?

Much appreciated

Mouse
April 10th, 2008, 02:58 PM
how long before UA has as many as Nike in terms of Jerseys

MplsBison
April 10th, 2008, 03:29 PM
That will take a while.

Nike has many teams in every conference.

But UA has a solid foundation.

skinny_uncle
April 13th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Those Uni's look nice. Can't wait to see them against the Jacks this year.

Go State!!!
Go Jacks!!!
All you will see is the back of the jerseys as they blow by you.
:D

Pageoner
April 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
this is my problem with UNH jersey's you can purchase, they are no name, and cost about $60+

to me UA is ehhh, it's really Nike or bust, even the Adidas jerseys look like garbage to me. Unless Champion wants to get back into the jersey business which is next to none, i only want to see Nike.

minuteman65
April 15th, 2008, 12:23 AM
this is my problem with UNH jersey's you can purchase, they are no name, and cost about $60+

to me UA is ehhh, it's really Nike or bust, even the Adidas jerseys look like garbage to me. Unless Champion wants to get back into the jersey business which is next to none, i only want to see Nike.

At least you can buy UNH jerseys. I had to shell out $60+ on eBay on the only UMass football jersey I've ever seen on there.