PDA

View Full Version : What about South Carolina State vs. Coastal Carolina this week???

windwalker
September 30th, 2005, 12:35 AM
This is a game that could have a great bearing on each team's possible playoff chances.

What do all of you X'perts think about it???

I an biased, since i am a Coastal fan, but I want to know what you think.

give us your predictions!

Mine??

Beach Chickens 24
Bullfrogs 18

OL FU
September 30th, 2005, 06:33 AM
The game means a lot to both teams. Should be the last game Coastal plays that they might lose. This and Hamption should be the only games SC State might lost. A Coastal win should put them in a good spot for the playoffs. State could lose and make the playoffs winning the MEAC, but a win here and a loss at Hampton gives them a good argument for an at large bid.

Close Game

SC State 24
CCU 21

griz37
October 1st, 2005, 12:58 AM
South Carolina St. 30
Coastal 27

SuperJon
October 1st, 2005, 07:38 AM
I think if it comes down to a field goal we win. We've got one of the best kickers in the nation, in my opinion.

WUTNDITWAA
October 1st, 2005, 09:15 AM
This is not only a must win game for the Chants, but I believe they must win by two or more touchdowns. Then hope two of the three SC State, ASU or JMU goes on to win or finish in a tie for first in their respective conferences in order to make the playoffs.

Saint3333
October 1st, 2005, 01:44 PM
It would be hard to keep a 10-1 CCU team out of the playoffs if they go on to beat SC State (up 10-0 right now and driving) and both SC State and JMU prove to be quality wins.

CCU is looking good against SC State, their O-line is doing whatever they want, it reminds me a lot of the ASU-CCU game reversed.

I think that CCU is a good young program and I know many CCU fans may hate this statement, but I'm not confident that CCU is not one of the best 16 teams in 1-AA. I think there are 4 if not 5 SoCon teams and 6 A-10 teams better than CCU and I'd hate for one of the at-large playoff spots to go to CCU instead.

I do commend CCU for stepping up their schedule, but this year isn't the year they break through to the playoffs.

windwalker
October 1st, 2005, 04:20 PM
Well, I predicted 24 -18... OK I was off by 5...

Final

CCU 24 SCSU 23

Jaques
October 1st, 2005, 07:03 PM
Fluke this!!!!! :eek: :cool:

Coastal89
October 1st, 2005, 07:16 PM
It would be hard to keep a 10-1 CCU team out of the playoffs if they go on to beat SC State (up 10-0 right now and driving) and both SC State and JMU prove to be quality wins.

CCU is looking good against SC State, their O-line is doing whatever they want, it reminds me a lot of the ASU-CCU game reversed.

I think that CCU is a good young program and I know many CCU fans may hate this statement, but I'm not confident that CCU is not one of the best 16 teams in 1-AA. I think there are 4 if not 5 SoCon teams and 6 A-10 teams better than CCU and I'd hate for one of the at-large playoff spots to go to CCU instead.

I do commend CCU for stepping up their schedule, but this year isn't the year they break through to the playoffs.
Don't take this the wrong way but what you have confidence in really doesn't mean s#*t to us. Thanks for the compliments though.