PDA

View Full Version : More attendance reporting irregularities

grizbeer
April 11th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Actually this is a story about the Montana State Scrimmage, http://www.greatfallstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050410/SPORTS/504100331/1006 but I found this humorous:

The paid attendance was announced as 3,527, and probably 2,000 folks shivered amid crisp wild-chill temperatures at Memorial Stadium as the Bobcats, in Great Falls for a scrimmage for a second year in a row, worked up a sweat. It's funny when you see this picture http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41ab5047ze83b5ff4/346e/__sr_/6ef0.jpg?phUtzWCBbLv15Zl8 that was posted on the Bobcat board http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/viewtopic.php?t=2006 . Either those 2000 people are skinniest people in Montana and all are turned sideways or they came dressed like bleachers.

Good article about the scrimmage, though. Sounds like the offense is ahead of the defense in Bozeman right now.

Hansel
April 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM
they have to pay to go to the Spring Game ???

bisonguy
April 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Not that I'm a Bobcat fan or anything, but aren't those photos shot from the HOME side stands, therefore the stands visible in the pictures are the VISITING side stands?

I know at NDSU's Spring Game they only have seating open on one side, so any picture shot from the stands shows the empty seats on the opposite side.

polsongrizz
April 12th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Lets hope so for their sake :bang:

griz&beer
April 12th, 2005, 09:42 PM
We had a full house in Polson. So full that when Polsongriz and Captain Cat got back from drinking pop, they had no where to sit. Standing room only... :)

VictorG
April 13th, 2005, 08:07 AM
they have to pay to go to the Spring Game ???

Griz fans do too! $5.00 unless you were unlucky enough to have PolsonGriz right behind you who was drinking "pop" all morning but didn't seem to have $$ to get into the scrimmage. Then it was an additional $10! :) :) :)

Plus $2.00 a pop for "pop" in the morning, $2.50 after the scrum and I can't remember what it was at the 3rd place. Heck, I can hardly remember how I got to the 3rd place! :) :)

SoCon48
April 13th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Atendance.
What a hoot. Peple say I-AA under reports and I-A over reports.
Any schools who do either are liars and cheats. I'd like to see their academic reports for athletes and recruiting practices examined, too. Why lie about one advantageous thing and not another??
What some unscrupulous programs do reflects on all of college athletics.

GannonFan
April 13th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, college football is going to hell in a handbasket because of attendance reporting issues - hmm, ok :rolleyes: .

As for Spring Game prices, at UD it's $5 to get in, although season ticket holders get complimentary (free) tix in their renewal forms. At more than 11k season ticket holders, pretty much most people aren't paying to get in. Food still costs money though!

grizbeer
April 13th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Just in case it wasn't clear from the :D the attendance part of this post was a joke, really just a way for a Griz fan to post something about the Cats scrimmage. :rolleyes:

Most of the Griz scrimmages are free, the one in Polson is more of a fund raiser, similar to the Cat Scrimmage in Great Falls.

SoCon48
April 13th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Lie to the NCAA about one thing..may as well lie and fake reports for everything.
Underreporting on play-off games is stealing money. The home school gets the home team advantage while pilfering money while the visiting team gets the shaft. Won't even break even if they bring more than minimun squad and staff.
The stuff that Marshall and UNLV types are made of.

GannonFan
April 14th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Lie to the NCAA about one thing..may as well lie and fake reports for everything.
Underreporting on play-off games is stealing money. The home school gets the home team advantage while pilfering money while the visiting team gets the shaft. Won't even break even if they bring more than minimun squad and staff.
The stuff that Marshall and UNLV types are made of.

Pretty much the end of the world as we know it! I'll never be able to watch college football the same way again! :rolleyes:

SoCon48
April 14th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Then we can all stop trash talking about cheating programs in college sports.
It would just be nice to know there were programs who had an ounce of integrity.
Guess that's just not important at some places. Pilfering a little money is.

GannonFan
April 14th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Then we can all stop trash talking about cheating programs in college sports.
It would just be nice to know there were programs who had an ounce of integrity.
Guess that's just not important at some places. Pilfering a little money is.

Come on, how farcical are you going to make this? Are you honestly comparing an unwritten agreement between the NCAA and its member institutions (i.e. who make up the NCAA) looking the other way when it comes to making the playoff system a little more equitable to the teams involved to outright thuggery and cheating across the entire university? You may as well consider telling a white lie the same as murder under that thought process. A little common sense please, otherwise maybe this is smack board material? :rolleyes:

SoCon48
April 15th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Lying is lying. Lying for money is stealing. Now if the liars split the stolen money with the visiting team, it would be bit better.