View Full Version : Southeastern Louisiana Releases 2008 Schedule

GeauxLions94
March 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
2008 Southeastern schedule (http://www.lionsports.net/index.php?pid=headline&content=user&func=article&id=3732)

dgreco
March 13th, 2008, 05:03 PM
surprised they are taking on both UND and USD thats two DII games and the Mississippi St. game will be hard for playoffs.

Good schedule though.

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
surprised they are taking on both UND and USD thats two DII games and the Mississippi St. game will be hard for playoffs.

Good schedule though.

I'm just glad we were able to find 12 games including two quality non-conference opponents at home with USD and UND. We're not really concerned with the non-counter aspect right now because we're still building our program. If we're good enough, we'll win the conference, if not...we weren't going to make the playoffs anyway. It's very difficult in the Southland Conference to find non-conference FCS schools to schedule.

TexasTerror
March 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM
No attractive OOC games and no SHSU means probably no visit from the TT this year unless GL94 is very convincing... ;)

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 05:52 PM
No attractive OOC games and no SHSU means probably no visit from the TT this year unless GL94 is very convincing... ;)

They may not be attractive to you but I would say both USD and UND are quality opponents, especially UND. They made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and are probably better than half the teams in the SLC. Just because they're a non-counter doesn't mean it won't be a good game to watch.

BearsCountry
March 13th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Two I-A games on the schedule, I would assume that is bc of Katrina still.

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Two I-A games on the schedule, I would assume that is bc of Katrina still.

Two is a step back, considering we've played three each of the last two years. We would probably prefer to only play one but don't mind playing two if one is a mid-major like La Tech or Tulane where we can reasonably compete and possibly have a chance to win.

As far as Katrina goes, I'm sure there's still some impact but our reasons for playing multiple FBS games have more to do with the way the state of Louisiana regulates how much university money can be spent towards athletics than anything else.

JohnStOnge
March 13th, 2008, 07:19 PM
They may not be attractive to you but I would say both USD and UND are quality opponents, especially UND. They made it to the second round of the playoffs last year and are probably better than half the teams in the SLC. Just because they're a non-counter doesn't mean it won't be a good game to watch.

I'd say that if UND had been in the Southland last year it'd have had a legitimate chance to win it. I'd say that if they're as strong as they've typically been in D-II they'll be stronger than more than half the teams in the Southland.

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I'd say that if UND had been in the Southland last year it'd have had a legitimate chance to win it. I'd say that if they're as strong as they've typically been in D-II they'll be stronger than more than half the teams in the Southland.

Yeah but they have to replace most of their offense and a few starters on the defensive side. I conservatively say "half the Southland" anyway. Put this way, we know it's going to be a challenge for us to win.

Kelly Green
March 13th, 2008, 07:45 PM

Recently, USD has struggled on the road but I expect both teams to give you a nice match-up.

I see links on the SLU webpage for "Live Stats" and "Live Audio". Any chance for a video feed?

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Recently, USD has struggled on the road but I expect both teams to give you a nice match-up.

I see links on the SLU webpage for "Live Stats" and "Live Audio". Any chance for a video feed?

If we have our video board up by then I would say there's an excellent chance. We're supposed to get one eventually, just not sure if it will be ready to go this fall.

We expect competitive games from both USD and UND.

BearsCountry
March 14th, 2008, 08:04 PM
That would be a fun trip for the fans to go to see as well. Spend a weekend in New Orleans and drive up to Hammond and see a game. I wish the Bears would consider that bc I would go for sure.

TexasTerror
March 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM
I am sure GL94 can say a thing or two about video -- he seems to like to play with technological gadgets of all sorts when he gets a chance...

I remember in my last visit to see the Lions, he was saying something about a change of some sorts that may make it easier...

Lionsrking
March 14th, 2008, 11:27 PM
That would be a fun trip for the fans to go to see as well. Spend a weekend in New Orleans and drive up to Hammond and see a game. I wish the Bears would consider that bc I would go for sure.

Call your A.D. and tell him...then have him call our A.D...would love to play a home and home with you guys...Missouri State (then Southwest Missouri) came to Hammond back in 1984...we dropped our program after the 1985 season.

GeauxLions94
March 18th, 2008, 11:46 PM

Call your A.D. and tell him...then have him call our A.D...would love to play a home and home with you guys...Missouri State (then Southwest Missouri) came to Hammond back in 1984...we dropped our program after the 1985 season.

That would be a nice matchup. Been to your campus and thought it was pretty nice. Added plus of having Bass Pro Shop a few blocks away xthumbsupx

GeauxLions94
April 9th, 2008, 10:41 PM

Good schedule though.

Both Dakotas will be first-year members in DI in 2008 and are in the Great West. I think they should be considered DI games. What's the ruling from the board?

TexasTerror
April 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Both Dakotas will be first-year members in DI in 2008 and are in the Great West. I think they should be considered DI games. What's the ruling from the board?

Transitional teams...

Do not count as Div I next year (which is why the GWFC is not playing a full conference slate with the Dakota schools)...they will the following year...