PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh's A Week From Spring Practice

Lehigh Football Nation
March 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I summarize the latest goings-on in the blog.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

I try to answer the question: Who is... Troy Taylor?

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Any clue which QB is going to get reps with the first team offense? This is going to be a very interesting spring for Lehigh.

ngineer
March 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Any clue which QB is going to get reps with the first team offense? This is going to be a very interesting spring for Lehigh.

I think this will be a wide open competition with no one being placed into the #1 role to lose. Bokosky did not show enough last year in in limited appearances to say he was "the man". Cisneros and Clark are supposedly very talented QB's with quality arms. Who can pick up the offense quick enough, IMO, will be given the #1 slot in August. I would be very suprised to see a 'consensus #1' come out of the Brown & White Game on April 19. BTW--The South Side Boosters are sponsoring a 'Football and Franks' day at Goodman..Hopefully the weather cooperates and we get a few hundred out to see the competition.

Lehigh74
March 13th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Come fall, it will be interesting to see if the freshman has a shot at earning the starting quarterback job, at any time during the year. Since he was all State as a junior, he most certainly has the talent. Stambaugh did it, so it is definitely possible. If I am not mistaken, Coen was the offensive coordinator when Stambaugh became the starting quarterback as a freshman.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Interesting point about Coen/Stambaugh. I'll have to look that up. As for the incumbent, I would think it has to be Bokosky by default since he's been in game-time situations, practiced with the first team at the end of last year, etc. It will be interesting to see what all three QBs do - and then what Lum does when he comes in August.

I continue to think that Troy Taylor could be an intriguing add. My question is, at DE or LB? We're unlikely to know for sure until August.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 14th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Interesting point about Coen/Stambaugh. I'll have to look that up. As for the incumbent, I would think it has to be Bokosky by default since he's been in game-time situations, practiced with the first team at the end of last year, etc. It will be interesting to see what all three QBs do - and then what Lum does when he comes in August.

I continue to think that Troy Taylor could be an intriguing add. My question is, at DE or LB? We're unlikely to know for sure until August.

I don't think Bokosky is the answer. Just from what a hear and read i would like to see Clark or Cisnerro(SP??) get a shot. I'm expecting the defense to be very good which hopefully can bail out the "O" a couple times early in the season while a QB gets his in the flow. The Oline should also be improved and with a good stable of RB's there shouldn't be a tremendous amount of pressure on the QB. At the end of the day it's up to the coaches to make this guys into players. So far there's been very little improvement which is the most alarming thing.

ngineer
March 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM

yes, Stambaugh took over around the 6th game in '97, I believe..could be off a year. Combination of injuries and lack of production from the position that forced the issue, plus by then, he had 2 months of the offense under his belt. If Lum is a 'quick study' then he could certainly provide a push. Coen has alluded to that potentiality in some of the things he's said.

How big is Taylor? I heard he's very quick "for someone his size". He playedd LB in HS so I would hope he's at least 240 if they're thinking of DE.

Lehigh74
March 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I noticed on the Spring Roster that John Kennedy (who returned kickoff's last year, as a freshman) is now listed as a wide receiver. That's good news because the kid is great making people miss in the open field. Now all we have to do is find someone who can get him, and the other receivers, the ball on a consistent basis.

ngineer
March 16th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I noticed on the Spring Roster that John Kennedy (who returned kickoff's last year, as a freshman) is now listed as a wide receiver. That's good news because the kid is great making people miss in the open field. Now all we have to do is find someone who can get him, and the other receivers, the ball on a consistent basis.

PLUS he has to catch the ball! We had a lot of drops last year by wide open receivers that could have turned a couple games around--Yale in particular. Kennedy has tremendous speed and with him opposite Yansane, we will have an excellent deep threat at wr.