PDA

View Full Version : More SLC, SWAC on TV

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
CST (Cox Sports Television) which does quite a few Southland Conference games (football, baseball and basketball) namely featuring the Louisiana schools, has been added to the Dish Network. They are currently in the process of negotiating with DirecTV as well.

Being in New Orleans, it has stunk for me that I have been unable to get CST since I am with DirecTV, but hopefully soon -- we'll get CST. Anyhow, for those with Dish -- more Southland for you...
--------------------------
CST and DISH Network® Announce Multi-Year Carriage Agreement

Agreement Brings Hornets, LSU, Saints, Voodoo into more homes within 75 miles of New Orleans and the Baton Rouge Market

NEW ORLEANS (March 10, 2008) – CST has reached an agreement with DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third-largest pay-TV provider to launch the regional, 24-hour sports channel. The arrangement is a multi-year carriage deal that will distribute CST to DISH customers within 75 miles of New Orleans and Baton Rouge and subscribe to DISH Network’s America’s Top 100 Plus programming package.

In addition to Baton Rouge, this agreement extends CST’s viewership to the Louisiana parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Lafourche, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne and Washington and the Mississippi counties of Hancock, Harrison and Pearl River.

Beginning Wednesday, CST will occupy DISH Network channel 421.

http://www.coxsportstv.com/WebSite/LastNews.aspx?iId=0&IdNew=2029

BEAR
March 12th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Excellent! It's always good to get a little more pub and to actually see the games in an area you live in! xlolx

813Jag
March 12th, 2008, 07:00 PM
CST (Cox Sports Television) which does quite a few Southland Conference games (football, baseball and basketball) namely featuring the Louisiana schools, has been added to the Dish Network. They are currently in the process of negotiating with DirecTV as well.

Being in New Orleans, it has stunk for me that I have been unable to get CST since I am with DirecTV, but hopefully soon -- we'll get CST. Anyhow, for those with Dish -- more Southland for you...

Agreement Brings Hornets, LSU, Saints, Voodoo into more homes within 75 miles of New Orleans and the Baton Rouge Market

NEW ORLEANS (March 10, 2008) – CST has reached an agreement with DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third-largest pay-TV provider to launch the regional, 24-hour sports channel. The arrangement is a multi-year carriage deal that will distribute CST to DISH customers within 75 miles of New Orleans and Baton Rouge and subscribe to DISH Network’s America’s Top 100 Plus programming package.

In addition to Baton Rouge, this agreement extends CST’s viewership to the Louisiana parishes of Jefferson, Orleans, Lafourche, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Terrebonne and Washington and the Mississippi counties of Hancock, Harrison and Pearl River.

That's cool, Cox Sports usually shows a few Southern games.

McTailGator
March 12th, 2008, 07:05 PM

I have ATT-Uverse here in Houston, which owns and mimic"s DishNet. I hope I will be able to get them here.

GeauxLions94
March 13th, 2008, 01:44 PM
If only Cox and Charter will only get together on a long-term deal, I can actually see Southeastern games here in Slidell (oh wait, I can't since I'm pretty much at all of them)

Retro
March 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
It's really not more SLC / SWAC games on TV, it's just more people will be able to access them who previously only had Satellite, like me..

Cox Sports is the only regional sports network that i know of that is n/a on Directv.. The main reason was and is, they wanted to get people to switch to cox cable to get the channel, but even cox themselves have sold off their cable companies in Lake charles and other smaller Markets of recent, so it probably backdfired.

Lionsrking
March 13th, 2008, 05:22 PM
If only Cox and Charter will only get together on a long-term deal, I can actually see Southeastern games here in Slidell (oh wait, I can't since I'm pretty much at all of them)

Well now I have a good excuse to drop Charter. I'm constantly having problems with outages and jumpy signal...not to mention they're too darn expensive. I say good riddance.