Nov. 1 V.M.I. * % 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 8 Presbyterian 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 15 Edward Waters 1:30 p.m.
Nov. 22 @ Coastal Carolina * TBA

* - Denotes Big South Conference Game
% - Homecoming/Hall of Fame Weekend

danefan
March 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Kind of cool to play both Miami schools in the same year.

Tough schedule for playoffs:

Two FBS games (probably loses)
A DII
An NAIA

Does Presby count as a DI victory for playoffs?

CCU97
March 12th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Tough schedule in the beginning....will ease up after that....but look to start 0-3....good luck...good job of getting the schedule revamped and stronger than previous years!

gophoenix
March 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Kind of cool to play both Miami schools in the same year.

Tough schedule for playoffs:

Two FBS games (probably loses)
A DII
An NAIA

Does Prespy count as a DI victory for playoffs?

Yes Presbyterian counts this year.

CSUBUCDAD
March 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I am pretty sure this is the last contract year for N. Greenville and E. Waters games. Hopefully so. I am one Buc fan who is SO glad to see Mills looking for tougher opponents. You sure don't get better year to year playing folks at or below your level.

andy7171
March 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Both Miami's! I love it!

Gotta get rid of the North Greenville and Edward Waters.

Go...gate
March 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Very good and challenging schedule!

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wait? Why the talk of no more North Greenville. They seemed to be gracious hosts to Chuck South...what's wrong with traveling to a sub-Div I? The SWAC is fine with it, seems 'kosher' to me...

citdog
March 12th, 2008, 01:45 PM
csu had enough of The Citadel.

CSUBUCDAD
March 12th, 2008, 01:51 PM
csu had enough of The Citadel.

Mills wasn't the one who backed out of the deal my friend. But then, we don't need to start that pissin contest again, do we?xsmiley_wix

citdog
March 12th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Mills wasn't the one who backed out of the deal my friend. But then, we don't need to start that pissin contest again, do we?xsmiley_wix

especially since my schmeckle is so mighty!

danefan
March 12th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Wait? Why the talk of no more North Greenville. They seemed to be gracious hosts to Chuck South...what's wrong with traveling to a sub-Div I? The SWAC is fine with it, seems 'kosher' to me...

Why would you travel to a DII team?

If you are going to schedule a DII team, it should only be done as an OOC game to get a good home win in the beginning of the season.

The one caveat being for those schools in transition who are maintaining long-standing rivalry games.

Mr. Tiger
March 12th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Why would you travel to a DII team?

If you are going to schedule a DII team, it should only be done as an OOC game to get a good home win in the beginning of the season.

The one caveat being for those schools in transition who are maintaining long-standing rivalry games.

He just said that because he had to work the SWAC into a non-SWAC thread. It's called the TT complex. xlolx He can't help it.

danefan
March 12th, 2008, 02:20 PM
He just said that because he had to work the SWAC into a non-SWAC thread. It's called the TT complex. xlolx He can't help it.

Oh god....if we are operating on that theory, there should be a PFL comment soon enough.....xlolx

dgreco
March 12th, 2008, 03:17 PM
definitely get some nice national exposure, good schedule though.

Seawolf97
March 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM
2008 Charleston Southern Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time
Aug. 28 @ Miami TBA
Sept. 6 Wofford 1:30 p.m.
Sept. 13 @ Miami (Ohio) 3 p.m.
Sept. 27 North Greenville 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 4 Gardner-Webb * 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 11 @ Savannah State TBA
Oct. 18 @ Stony Brook * TBA
Oct. 25 @ Liberty * TBA

When you visit Stonybrook that should be our Homecoming Game. Glad to have you Long Island!xthumbsupx

zilla
March 12th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Nice schedule!

Looking forward to November 22. Good luck this year. xthumbsupx

TexasTerror
March 12th, 2008, 09:32 PM

Showing you I can bust the chops other schools who travel to Div II squads. Texas Southern is traveling to Texas College...embarrassing!

BJuice
March 13th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I don't have a problem with North Greenville as long as it is the ONLY non-FBS or non-FCS school on the schedule. Keep NGU and get EW off the schedule.

I do agree it is great to see us playing stronger competition.

ngineer
March 13th, 2008, 07:39 PM
2008 Charleston Southern Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time
Aug. 28 @ Miami TBA
Sept. 6 Wofford 1:30 p.m.
Sept. 13 @ Miami (Ohio) 3 p.m.
Sept. 27 North Greenville 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 4 Gardner-Webb * 1:30 p.m.
Oct. 11 @ Savannah State TBA
Oct. 18 @ Stony Brook * TBA
Oct. 25 @ Liberty * TBA

Who the heck are they??????xconfusedx One sounds like a housing development and the other a stock broker. On the same schedule as to two FBS schools...how schizophrenic can the scheduler be???

CSUBUCDAD
March 14th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Who the heck are they??????xconfusedx One sounds like a housing development and the other a stock broker. On the same schedule as to two FBS schools...how schizophrenic can the scheduler be???

Call it a transitional schedule. Both those teams were signed to multi year contracts awhile back and I believe this is the last year we will see them on the schedule(hopefully). But you are right, on the surface it does look a little weird.

Biff
March 14th, 2008, 07:22 AM

We'd probably keep you on the schedule if you can figure out why the SoCon teams can travel from hours away and still bring more fans that CSU can bring which is only 14 miles away.

I'm glad we backed out.

BJuice
March 14th, 2008, 10:26 AM
We'd probably keep you on the schedule if you can figure out why the SoCon teams can travel from hours away and still bring more fans that CSU can bring which is only 14 miles away. I'm glad we backed out.

No, you're glad The Citadel backed out because you and the rest of Citadel nation would hate to face the reality of losing to the Charleston Southern Bucanneers for a second time. One time was plenty humiliation for you.

Thanks to that victory by the CSU Bucanneers, I have a very nice large framed photo that was taken on the field with the scoreboard in the background right after that game. How sweet it is!!!

And, if The Citadel is not too scared to continue the Charleston rivalry game series, it will be the first of more victories for CSU against The Citadel. It might not happen every year, but it will happen.

Biff
March 14th, 2008, 10:31 AM
No, you're glad The Citadel backed out because you and the rest of Citadel nation would hate to face the reality of losing to the Charleston Southern Bucanneers for a second time. One time was plenty humiliation for you.

Thanks to that victory by the CSU Bucanneers, I have a very nice large framed photo that was taken on the field with the scoreboard in the background right after that game. How sweet it is!!!

And, if The Citadel is not too scared to continue the Charleston rivalry game series, it will be the first of more victories for CSU against The Citadel. It might not happen every year, but it will happen.

Whatever, you guys don't bring a good crowd.

But, it was humiliating, only because you suck. I stand by saying that you guys need to win a few more to get the rivalry going, but until you can get your fans base built, I would rather not play that much. Hell, be like South Carolina, lose more than 60% of your game to Clemson and still have a rivalry.

citdog
March 14th, 2008, 11:11 AM

YOU'RE STILL THE BAPTIST COLLEGE TO ME! YOU'RE AN AFTERTHOUGHT TO CHARLESTON. YOU BEAT US ONCE AND BE THANKFUL YOU DID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Appaholic
March 14th, 2008, 11:13 AM
YOU'RE STILL THE BAPTIST COLLEGE TO ME! YOU'RE AN AFTERTHOUGHT TO CHARLESTON. YOU BEAT US ONCE AND BE THANKFUL YOU DID IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Dam Citdog.....ya'll lost to CSU? Maybe you should stick with the VMI's of the world.....xwhistlex

CSUBUCDAD
March 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I guess they do want to start this pissing contest again after all. All of you out there that want to belittle CSU, go back and take a look at your own program in the beginning and see what it looks like. We are a mere 5 years into seriously building a program. We already have one conference championship, we have a 9-2 season as well. How many programs can claim that besides Coastal Carolina who put the money into the program from the beginning. You boys in the old castle downtown been playing ball for 100 years and although you have a great stadium complex in the making, you still cannot claim to be any kind of powerhouse and never have been.

CSUbucFan
March 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Ha i agree, how can you boys from citadel be talking smack when you backed out of signing us to play you guys after this year? If you aint scared then play us that is all that needs to be said

citdog
March 14th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Ha i agree, how can you boys from THE citadel be talking smack when you backed out of signing us to play you guys after this year? If you aint scared then play us that is all that needs to be said

IT'S THE GODDAMN CITADEL YOU PROVINCIAL PUTZ!

WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR YOUR LITTLE COMMUTER SCHOOL. WITH BCS SCHOOLS SCHEDULED AND VMI AND THE ADDITION OF SAMFORD. THAT'S IT...AND NOTHING MORE.

BJuice
March 14th, 2008, 12:47 PM

WE HAVE NO ROOM FOR YOUR LITTLE COMMUTER SCHOOL. WITH BCS SCHOOLS SCHEDULED AND VMI AND THE ADDITION OF SAMFORD. THAT'S IT...AND NOTHING MORE.

Ahhhh, the almighty classic Citadel attitude has come out. xbowx It only took a few posts from some of the CSU faithful to bring out the true Citadel colors. I am not surprised.

If we are nothing more than an afterthought, then why get so upset. It seems to me that we might have wrinkled some of those finely pressed white linens that you like sport around town. Oh well. xlolx

citdog
March 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Ahhhh, the almighty classic Citadel attitude has come out. xbowx It only took a few posts from some of the CSU faithful to bring out the true THE Citadel colors. I am not surprised.

If we are nothing more than an afterthought, then why get so upset. It seems to me that we might have wrinkled some of those finely pressed white linens that you like sport around town. Oh well. xlolx

NOT UPSET. JUST GLAD THAT WE WILL JUST GO BACK TO SLEEPING WITH ALL OF YOUR COEDS WHILE YOU DO "DIRTY THING" TO YOURSELF!xrulesx

Appaholic
March 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ahhhh, the almighty classic Citadel attitude has come out. xbowx It only took a few posts from some of the CSU faithful to bring out the true Citadel colors. I am not surprised.

Let's not wrinkle the uniforms....the beverage and food industry will be tainted.....

Biff
March 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Let's not wrinkle the uniforms....the beverage and food industry will be tainted.....

You Son of a ... that'd be funny if I wasn't a Cit Grad.

xoutofrepx

I here you look just like Yosef. I still have the voicemail from Citdog describing your yosef-like appearance.

CSU BUCS
March 15th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I am pretty sure this is the last contract year for N. Greenville and E. Waters games. Hopefully so. I am one Buc fan who is SO glad to see Mills looking for tougher opponents. You sure don't get better year to year playing folks at or below your level.

CSU and N. Greenville will play every year that scheduling allows. It's CSU's goal to eventually play only one sub D-1 school... with that school being N. Greenville.

The two originally weren't going to play this year as the Miami game was originally scheduled for Sept. 27th, but the Miami game was moved to the opening game of the season.... this allowed CSU and N. Greenville to continue playing each other.

I went to the North Greenville game this past season, I don't live too far away and a bud of mine (fellow CSU grad) is on the coaching staff at N. Greenville so I thought it would be a great game to catch, .... anyways, N. Greenville has beautifully facilities. (Stadium is 3 years old) I would compare it to Coastal's stadium except N. Greenville has a nice field house in the end zone and the stadium is enclosed in a bowl. According to my bud, N. Greenville is currently raising money with plans of moving up to D-I within the next 5 years with hopes of landing a spot in the Big South.

Eyes of Old Main
March 15th, 2008, 06:37 PM
especially since my schmeckle is mighty small!

Fixed it for you, Citdog.

Seawolf97
March 15th, 2008, 08:02 PM

I LOVE IT !xlolx