PDA

View Full Version : Calling Retro

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I need some info on obtaining licenses for merch. As I've got an idea. Thanks.

89Hen
September 29th, 2005, 10:21 AM
I've got an idea.
Why am I scared of what comes next? :p ;)

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Contact The Collegiate Licensing Company
290 Interstate North, Ste. 200
Atlanta, GA 30339
Phone: 770.956.0520

Ok, thanks Ralph.

Does anyone have any suggestions for upstarting merch stuff? Several Blue Hen fans and I are considering a joint venture.

Like, I understand I guess the business aspect in general, but I need to know what I should really think about. What kind of costs are involved in buying liscences?

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Why am I scared of what comes next? :p ;)

Thanks 89, I appriciate the support.

Grande Rosso
September 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
What kind of costs are involved in buying liscences?

Hassles.

Be prepared to get school, conference, NCAA approval of evry design, item, etc. Then if they OK it, they will all want a cut of the sales, not to mention free samples.

Hope you have something that will make it worthwhile.

I would start with the person at the school who okays licensing of that schools logo being used. They could probably tell you where to take it from there.

ISUMatt
September 29th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Retro, any mini Illinois State helmets yet???

McNeeserocket
September 29th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Retro, any mini Illinois State helmets yet???

Retro's business is located in Lake Charles, LA. His residence is approximately 15 miles east of Lake Charles. I am not sure what state either property are in, as most citizens of our area have not been allowed to return. He could be at his residence in Iowa (few miles from Lake Charles) but he would be without power, water, gas, etc.

So basically, whatever you want from him will have to wait until the Lake Charles area has life again. For those of you that have not seen the area on tv, Lake Charles and surrounding cities are in very bad shape.

Most of us are in hotels, campsites, friends or family's homes, evacuee centers or perhaps living out of cars/trucks. Most of us do not know the state of our property.

Prayers are still needed for all affected along the gulf coast.

Marcus Garvey
September 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I need some info on obtaining licenses for merch. As I've got an idea. Thanks.

Does this idea involve leather helmets and the Single Wing offense?

nevadagriz
September 29th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Good luck with your venture, but be prepared to shell out some cash. A couple years ago I sold some tail gate kitchens and inquired about team logos and colors on the bbq's the manufactor told me it was $1 mil to get license for nfl,ncaa,nba, mlb APIECE.
This could be bad info but it is what I was told. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Retro's business is located in Lake Charles, LA. His residence is approximately 15 miles east of Lake Charles. I am not sure what state either property are in, as most citizens of our area have not been allowed to return. He could be at his residence in Iowa (few miles from Lake Charles) but he would be without power, water, gas, etc.

So basically, whatever you want from him will have to wait until the Lake Charles area has life again. For those of you that have not seen the area on tv, Lake Charles and surrounding cities are in very bad shape.

Most of us are in hotels, campsites, friends or family's homes, evacuee centers or perhaps living out of cars/trucks. Most of us do not know the state of our property.

Prayers are still needed for all affected along the gulf coast.

Oh, I did not realise that rocket, thanks for the update. Definately don't need to worry about this now as there is other time for this. Best wishes and prayers to all that are down there and effected.

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Does this idea involve leather helmets and the Single Wing offense?
You're still here?? I thought you were trolling again, not posting, xlolx

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Good luck with your venture, but be prepared to shell out some cash. A couple years ago I sold some tail gate kitchens and inquired about team logos and colors on the bbq's the manufactor told me it was $1 mil to get license for nfl,ncaa,nba, mlb APIECE.
This could be bad info but it is what I was told. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
I don't know if it's quite that bad, but, I hope not, else this ain't gettin' off the ground. I'll keep ya posted.

Purple Knight
September 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
First: get a good attorney, one knowledgable in your particular issues.

Second: Get a good CPA, again knowledgable in your particular tax and accounting issues.

Both will cost you, but it will be money well spent.

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
First: get a good attorney, one knowledgable in your particular issues.

Second: Get a good CPA, again knowledgable in your particular tax and accounting issues.

Both will cost you, but it will be money well spent.

Well...the second one is the advantage of working for a CPA firm and being an accountant too. :D

blukeys
September 29th, 2005, 08:19 PM
FightinBluHen51's idea is more of a labor of love than an idea that will make him a millionaire. Of course if it makes him a millionaire I am sure he will take it. :D :D

FightinBluHen51
September 29th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Just call CLC and they will fill you in.

Yeah, though I've gotten a lot from their website, I'd like to read through ALL of it first.

Blukeys, you are exactly right. This is not about making much money (though that is an objective) it is about getting Hen Faithful what we want and deserve since our fine collegiate institution does not fulfill the need. BTW, I don't plan on being the only beneficiary of said venture as I do feel this will be a "fan's way" if you catch my drift, but this is just a VERY early planning and brainstorming thing, and learning about the licensing requirements is just a first step.

89Hen
September 29th, 2005, 08:46 PM
BTW, I am right now leafing through a 14 page color catalog that came in the mail today from UVA, chock full of simply awesome merchandise... clothing for every sport, gift items, prints, barware, etc.... I find it enfuriating that we (UD) have NOTHING like this. :mad:

BTW2... they have Nike jerseys 51. :bang:

FightinBluHen51
September 30th, 2005, 07:25 AM
BTW, I am right now leafing through a 14 page color catalog that came in the mail today from UVA, chock full of simply awesome merchandise... clothing for every sport, gift items, prints, barware, etc.... I find it enfuriating that we (UD) have NOTHING like this. :mad:

Not to worry 89, it will happen. You going to be @ TU this weekend?

FightinBluHen51
September 30th, 2005, 07:25 AM
They are the licensor for the NCAA and know the ropes. I can get you in touch with people there that will tell you exactly what it will cost and what you need to do, legally, to play in the game. AGS will shortly open a store with their help and exclusive I-AA merchandise. It's all cool and the first time ever to get general I-AA stuff.

Thanks Ralph, I'll catch up with you over the weekend or early next week, if nothing other than a PM.

89Hen
September 30th, 2005, 10:36 AM
You going to be @ TU this weekend?
Absolutely! Looks like lot 13 is the place to be.

blur2005
September 30th, 2005, 05:12 PM

Did you go to UVA, 89? Or have some connection? Just wondering, as I go to UVA...I'm sitting in my dorm room right now.

FightinBluHen51
September 30th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Absolutely! Looks like lot 13 is the place to be.

Ok, check your PMs @ GH.net. I'll leave you my cell number.

FightinBluHen51
September 30th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Did you go to UVA, 89? Or have some connection? Just wondering, as I go to UVA...I'm sitting in my dorm room right now.

Mrs. 89 went to UVA.