PDA

View Full Version : App State nod in new Nike Commercial.

jbuggASU
March 11th, 2008, 11:27 AM
As stated.

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/home/index.html#jtvContent?contentID=1203

biggie
March 11th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Fantastic, haven't seen it on TV yet though.

putter
March 11th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Great Commercial. You will only see more App the closer we get to September..

BisonBacker
March 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Pretty cool!

CopperCat
March 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
xboringx

DuckDuckGriz
March 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
That is pretty cool. However the Boise State "players" in the ad are the size of middle schoolers.

Thunderstruck84
March 11th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I saw that commercial last night and I loved it. Gave me goosebumps watching it. Not just the App part but the whole thing in general. xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
March 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
That commercial is awesome, another reason why I love college sports.

AppAlum2003
March 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
xboringx

Yeah, an FCS team getting national media attention in an amazingly cool ad is pretty boring. I mean, really, these types of things happen every single day.

Touchdown Yosef
March 11th, 2008, 12:39 PM
does anyone have another link to that add, perhaps a youtube post? I can't watch it at work and it is killing me.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 11th, 2008, 12:41 PM
xthumbsupx

CopperCat
March 11th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, an FCS team getting national media attention in an amazingly cool ad is pretty boring. I mean, really, these types of things happen every single day.

When it's THE SAME DAMN TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN it gets pretty old chief. And spare me that "we're 3 time nat'l champs" crap, because I know. There's plenty else going on that has nothing to do with Appy. That's what I'm getting at.

DLS
March 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
When it's THE SAME DAMN TEAM OVER AND OVER AGAIN it gets pretty old chief. And spare me that "we're 3 time nat'l champs" crap, because I know. There's plenty else going on that has nothing to do with Appy. That's what I'm getting at.

beside a few coaching moves and flacco doing well in the draft, there really aint.

mountain_man
March 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
xboringx

My favorite part of the commercial was the part with Montana State... Wait, I was thinking about the episode of Cops that was filmed in BoZeman.

Sorry...

lillycafe
March 11th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Yeah, and good luck to the Bobcats this year!xbawlingx

AppGirl
March 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM

So don't open threads that mention App State in the title! xrulesx

CatFan22
March 11th, 2008, 01:02 PM
My favorite part of the commercial was the part with Montana State... Wait, I was thinking about the episode of Cops that was filmed in Boseman.

Sorry...

My favorite part was looking at that App St. logo. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. xcoffeex ;) Pretty good commercial, though.
Oh, and it's "Bozeman." xthumbsupx

mountain_man
March 11th, 2008, 01:09 PM
My favorite part was looking at that App St. logo. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. xcoffeex ;) Pretty good commercial, though.
Oh, and it's "Bozeman." xthumbsupx

Sorry buddy. I actually have a shirt from Yellowstone H-D that says Bozeman, Mt on it. I guess I won't get an "A" on this weeks spelling test...

Appaholic
March 11th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Yeah....ya'll shoudn't be jealous...MSU had an article in SI regarding their criminals and lack of institutional control......yep, that's the kind of stuff FCS needs more of......xcoffeex

Hoyadestroya85
March 11th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Ed Pinckney looks great in that commercial

neersnbeers
March 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM

Post it up!! Lets all hear about it!! We're all just chatting here.......Post it...And we'll chat bout it...........That simple xsmhx

Appaholic
March 11th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Post it up!! Lets all hear about it!! We're all just chatting here.......Post it...And we'll chat bout it...........That simple xsmhx

........(crickets chirping in Bozeman).......

neersnbeers
March 11th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Man can't see it cause my comp. at work has an older version of flash and I can't download anything>>>xnonono2x xmadx

Appaholic
March 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Man can't see it cause my comp. at work has an older version of flash and I can't download anything>>>xnonono2x xmadx

same here

Touchdown Yosef
March 11th, 2008, 02:12 PM
same here

and here, one of you students needs to get out and post this on youtube and then post the link.

AppStFan76
March 11th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Same here !

CrazyCat
March 11th, 2008, 02:44 PM

It was their day off, the one time during the week when they’re not required to poke their heads into Brick Breeden Fieldhouse. But a bunch of Montana State football players were there just the same Wednesday. This wasn’t about football. It was about giving something back to the community.

It won’t be the last community project the Bobcats will take on in the coming months, either. Ash said he has challenged each position group on the team to come up with a service project that it can do this spring.

“So, anyone who has an idea (for a project) in the community, there will be some willing and able young men and coaches who be looking around for things to do,” Ash said.

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2008/02/28/news/000blood.txt (http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2008/02/28/news/000blood.txt)

Great commercialxthumbsupx

jbuggASU
March 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
does anyone have another link to that add, perhaps a youtube post? I can't watch it at work and it is killing me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDGKwBKnqds

Touchdown Yosef
March 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Much appreciated.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
It looks like Nike got around airing Corey Lynch's blocked kick by focusing on the App St. logo... perhaps Michigan didn't give their OK to Nike to use that footage for their commercial?

neersnbeers
March 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Thanks!xthumbsupx

jonmac
March 11th, 2008, 03:27 PM
It looks like Nike got around airing Corey Lynch's blocked kick by focusing on the App St. logo... perhaps Michigan didn't give their OK to Nike to use that footage for their commercial?

I appears to me the commercial was about preparation. That's probably why there weren't actual game highlights of any the teams that were the focus of the ad.

And was that Kidd-Brewer stadium in there as well? With the player running the gasers?

AppStFan76
March 11th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Thanks!xthumbsupx

AppStFan76
March 11th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I appears to me the commercial was about preparation. That's probably why there weren't actual game highlights of any the teams that were the focus of the ad.

And was that Kidd-Brewer stadium in there as well? With the player running the gasers?

I dont think that was KBS but hard to tell!

neersnbeers
March 11th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Don't think it was KBS. Looks like there's a tiny scoreboard in front of what would be the fieldhouse. Cool thoughxpeacex

ASU88
March 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM

Truth be told, I kind of prefer seeing the logo! Pretty cool.

CopperCat
March 11th, 2008, 08:47 PM

Why don't you go and whine about having to pay more money for parking? You were doing really well with that.

appsfan
March 11th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Seeing the ad makes me glad I bought some Black and Gold Nike running shoes to wear to warm weather games a couple weeks ago. I found them on sale at Sports Authority.:)

AppStsGr8
March 11th, 2008, 09:34 PM
I like seeing Jimmy V run across the court, too!

"Luck means the hardships and privations which you have not hesitated to endure; the long nights you have devoted to work. Luck means the appointments you have never failed to keep; the trains you have never failed to catch."- Max O'Rell

Looks like a ton of "earned" luck in that commercial. Now back to work ....

grizband
March 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Would've been nice to see footage from App. State beating Michigan, but it was a great commercial nonetheless. I liked the perspective of Boise State practicing the 'statue of liberty' play, that was great allusion (even after the fact).

grizband
March 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
By the way, anyone watching ESPN just saw this commercial; looks even better on TV! xthumbsupx

Hoyadestroya85
March 11th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I don't see delaware in any commercials... i see villanova in that one

rudy1648
March 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Why don't you go and whine about having to pay more money for parking? You were doing really well with that.

Geeze,,,get over it guy. When your school does something that is worthy of Nike putting in one of their commercials,,,we will all celebrate with you. Until then, just be happy that a fellow FCS team is bringing a little light to our division. We have all played in the shadows of FBS teams for way too long.

Appaholic
March 12th, 2008, 12:04 PM

xbawlingx mean ol' App St is getting all the attention...xbawlingx I'm tired of hearing about App st....xbawlingx .....

Just be thankful there are the App St stories to offset the negative press that comes out of Bozeman....

http://bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2007/05/18/news/30drugbust.txt

I guess if our Assistant coaches would start selling Meth, we woudn't need to charge so much for game-day parking......xwhistlex

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2004/08/08/news/001federalchargesbzbigs.txt

already123
March 12th, 2008, 12:10 PM
great commercial. Great message. Great for FCS!

EIUsuperfan
March 12th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Good commercial!

bandl
March 12th, 2008, 02:53 PM
That's some cool shiat. xnodx But what has Appy done lately to deserve a nod like that?? xconfusedx :p

EDIT: I guess I need to add a smiley face so that some people can understand a joke when it's over their head. xcoolx

lizrdgizrd
March 12th, 2008, 03:01 PM
That's some cool shiat. xnodx But what has Appy done lately to deserve a nod like that?? xconfusedx
Nothing. We're riding our own coattails. xrolleyesx

AshevilleApp2
March 12th, 2008, 03:03 PM
That's some cool shiat. xnodx But what has Appy done lately to deserve a nod like that?? xconfusedx

Yeah. That was so 2007. xlolx

thmst30
March 12th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Pretty damn cool. I wish they could have thrown a little SoCon logo in there next to it. Of course I love App. getting all this attention, but I hope it leads to the SoCon and all of FCS getting more attention.

Jaques
March 12th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I think the logo was one of the longest (time wise) shots in the spot. Very cool!xthumbsupx