PDA

View Full Version : Does your school require scholarship donations for season tickets?

Saint3333
March 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Please post here if your school requires a donation to your scholarship fund for the better season tickets. Also include the year this program started and dollar contribution.

ASU - 2008, $500 for middle two sections and then $250 for the next two section for a set of tickets.

ButlerGSU
March 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
At Georgia Southern it depends on where you want your season tickets. For general admission (student side/grass hills) you do not need to donate to buy tickets.

TheBisonator
March 9th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe at NDSU, all season tickets along the sidelines require a minimum Team Makers (NDSU's "booster club") donation of $100. I'm not sure if they raised that. The cheapest season tickets are in the endzone reserved sections, 90 bucks for six games.

Old Cage
March 9th, 2008, 11:07 AM
At UMass we have a "priority points" system. You get points at various rates, but one point per $100 is about right. Points can come from donations (with bonus points if non-restricted), and from buying tickets in several sports (including hoops, hockey, football, lax, and softball).

The system was put in several years ago for basketball when we were selling out the 9,500 seat Mullins Center.

Hoops is the only sport where seats are re-allocated every few years.

Another benefit besides seat location is that when the school gets a limited amount of hard to come by tickets (Hockey East tournament this week is an example), priority point folks get first choice before they are put on public sale.

FargoBison
March 9th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Here is the chart for NDSU season tickets...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/TMSeating2008.jpg

PantherRob82
March 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Here is the chart for NDSU season tickets...

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o117/Hammersmith52/TMSeating2008.jpg

Where do the visiting fans sit?

PantherRob82
March 9th, 2008, 12:25 PM
UNI does not require a donation at this time.

TheBisonator
March 9th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Where do the visiting fans sit?

Section 23 if there's not many of them. If SDSU (or you guys) come to town, we provide overflow seating in sec. 24 and 25.

DUPFLFan
March 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Nope - Drake doesn't offer scholarships...

ERASU2113
March 9th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Please post here if your school requires a donation to your scholarship fund for the better season tickets. Also include the year this program started and dollar contribution.

ASU - 2008, $500 for middle two sections and then $250 for the next two section for a set of tickets.

Dang...I had thought about getting season tickets when I graduate (next December). Might have to wait a year or so before I get season tickets with the money requirement.

A place to live and my job will be more important than getting an extra $250 right now. Maybe later on, not then. But, by the time I can do it......the price most likely will go up again. xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x

jonmac
March 9th, 2008, 01:38 PM
ER, you don't have to donate to get season tickets, just the better tickets. Isn't that right, Saint?

Saint3333
March 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
ER, you don't have to donate to get season tickets, just the better tickets. Isn't that right, Saint?

That is correct sections 1A, 6A, and 4 sections of the upper east side (new addition) do not require a Yosef donation.

poly51
March 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Cal Poly does not require a donation for season tickets but if you want decents seats you have to join the Stampede Club. $350 and up gets you 2 season tickets, preferred parking which is still bad, and 2 tickets per home game at the Santa Maria style barbeque which is excellent.

CSUBUCDAD
March 9th, 2008, 03:33 PM
No donations required by the CSU program YET. They have some big plans for improvements in the next few years so I expect all that to change next year or the year after.

catamount man
March 9th, 2008, 03:51 PM
non-Catamount Club members can purchase season tickets at the general admission level on the east side of Whitmire Stadium(what used to be the only side) while CC members at the $400 yearly level or more can get season tickets on the new west side stands of Whitmire Stadium.

I gave $1100.00 this year and have gotten the same seats for 3 years. Top row so I pretty much stand the entire game. If I up my level of giving to $2750.00 I can get my own personalized parking spot with a sign with my name on it. Not too shabby.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

slostang
March 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Cal Poly does not require a donation for season tickets but if you want decents seats you have to join the Stampede Club. $350 and up gets you 2 season tickets, preferred parking which is still bad, and 2 tickets per home game at the Santa Maria style barbeque which is excellent.

The best seating is the chair back seating between the 35 yard lines on the new side that cost an additional $500 per seat for a PSL for 5 years, plus a stampede membership. Still a great value.

EKU05
March 9th, 2008, 07:23 PM
You need to be a member of the "Colonel Club" to get your hands on the limited number of chairback seats in Roy Kidd Stadium, but no donation required for any other area. Being a fairly recent graduate I get the cheapest GA package which is only $45 for a five home game season (but we do have 6 games coming up this year).

89Hen
March 9th, 2008, 08:41 PM
No at UD. However, good donations might get you a parking pass ahead of the crowd. xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
March 9th, 2008, 08:49 PM
At Harvard, it's all seniority. If you're an old phart, you're on the 50. If a young phart, you settle for the 35!:D xnodx

zilla
March 9th, 2008, 08:50 PM
They do at Coastal.

Actually, the Ticket Office/Athletic Department is doing something different beginning this year. Instead of paying for season tickets & the donation at the same time, they're now having us pay a donation first. When we pay the donation, we're then mailed the order form for tickets.

I-AA Fan
March 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM
You need to be careful of the way you word things. It is illegal for a school to require any additional contribution above listed price. Now, they can reserve seats/sections (as many as they want) for boosters, and require an additional membership "fee" to make the purchase ...that is legal.

Ohio State has gotten in trouble many times over this. They sell tickets to legal scalpers (web sites like stub hub), which in turn will get several thousand dollars per ticket. In turn, they pay a percentage to OSU. On game days, the city of Columbus allows licensed "peddlers" to sell single tickets at any price they can get. If you are not wearing the peddlers license, you will be arrested for scalping. I had to pay one of these guys $600 for 4 tickets last year ....seats not even together (if they were together, it would have been twice that).

Death Dealer
March 10th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I donate $3000/yr. and that gets me the right to buy 8 season tickets, two parking spots right in front of the stadium, free parking for all athletic events and in any lot on campus year round, and lots of other little perks here and there. I donate to support my school's athletic program, but I enjoy the perks.

I think at Furman, you are required to be a member of the Paladin Club in order to buy season tickets. Don't hold me to this, but I think the minimum membership is $250. Like I said, I don't donate in order to buy tickets. If I did, I'd just give the minimum. I donate in order to support the program. What I give now is what I can budget to give, and I hope that I will be able to increase that in the future.xthumbsupx

lillycafe
March 10th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Dang...I had thought about getting season tickets when I graduate (next December). Might have to wait a year or so before I get season tickets with the money requirement.

A place to live and my job will be more important than getting an extra $250 right now. Maybe later on, not then. But, by the time I can do it......the price most likely will go up again. xsmhx xsmhx xnonono2x

ERASU2113,

The Yosef Club is instituting a new alumni program where if you give $250, then you will get the benefits of the $500 level. This will remain in place for 5 years after your graduation year. That is a pretty good deal.

SoCon48
March 11th, 2008, 12:10 AM
That is correct sections 1A, 6A, and 4 sections of the upper east side (new addition) do not require a Yosef donation.

Too, those two sections didn't need season tickets either. Good seats were available in those two sections (at least in pairs) for every game last seaon right up to the week before and even of the week of the game.

Biff
March 11th, 2008, 07:07 AM
The Citadel, at least for the past 5 to 10 seasons, has always given better seats it you give more to the scholarship fund. Now, with the stadium upgrades, we have seat licenses at a $1000 for the 40 to 40 yard lines and in the new club area being built they have licenses available for $1500. In the out years, you still have to donate $250 or $500 to the schoilarship fund to keep the seat, depending on where the seat is. Then on top of that you must purchase season tickets as well.

andy7171
March 11th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Not at Towson, they have a hard enough time getting people to come to the games. Sad. xnonono2x

AppStsGr8
March 11th, 2008, 07:37 AM
There are good reasons that the donation and the season ticket sale are separate. Tickets aren't tax deductible; donations are. App doesn't require a donation for anyone to purchase season tickets. They do reserve the better seats for donors and the best seats for higher donation levels.

Personally, I like the system - especially the young alum program. Our seats in 3A are terrific. We almost always have overflow students joining us if some of the season ticket holders don't come for a particular game.

Cobblestone
March 11th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Let's call a spade a spade here. It's a seat-licensing fee, just packaged differently. URI has it for basketball but not football. It's not an actual requirement per se, but if you donate your chances for getting a good seat are better than those who don't. I know FBS schools like UCONN and BC require HUGE donations (seat licensing fees) before a patron can even purchase a season ticket.

I think it all sucks but hey, that's life in the world of college athletics in the year of our Lord 2008.

andy7171
March 11th, 2008, 07:58 AM
Let's call a spade a spade here. It's a seat-licensing fee, just packaged differently. URI has it for basketball but not football. It's not an actual requirement per se, but if you donate your chances for getting a good seat are better than those who don't. I know FBS schools like UCONN and BC require HUGE donations (seat licensing fees) before a patron can even purchase a season ticket.

I think it all sucks but hey, that's life in the world of college athletics in the year of our Lord 2008.

My parents friends have club level seats at the Maryland Terps's Comcast Center. $15K minimum THEN you get to buy the tickets. They have REALLY nice football seats too.

Biff
March 11th, 2008, 08:27 AM

Correct, I think each school has to package according to how their Alumni and fans are used to buying packages. We just started using the term Seat-Licensing, but in fact that is what we have done all along. For me, I don't mind setting in the less privilidged seats. I really just want to sit with the die hard fans. The ones that yell and scream, not sit there as if Football some sort of peaceful afternoon English Tea Party.

Tribe4SF
March 11th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Seats in the center five sections of the home side at Zable are sold only to Tribe Club donors. The size of the gift determines which sections, and how many seats may be purchased.

ngineer
March 12th, 2008, 09:34 PM
Contributing to the Athletic Partnership at Lehigh does not get you season tickets. Nor must you donate to buy season tickets. However, if you do donate to the AP I think you might get consideration for better seats within the season ticket seating area, but as far as I know, there's no 'quid pro quo'...