PDA

View Full Version : Former MSU, Weber St, and Poly Assistant to coach at SDSU

jackrabbit1979
March 6th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Our rabbits just hired Mr. Don Bailey as our QB coach for the upcoming season. It looks as if he has a wealth of experience at the FCS level, including a stop as Offensive Coordinator at Montana State. Can anybody provide any information about him or his previous stops. I think there is a general excitement about having him on staff at SDSU.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=15000&ATCLID=1405687

Canyoncat
March 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I always thought he was a good coach (not a great coach, but a good coach). Very good recruiter! He has done some good things over the years with quarterbacks. Good hire! When he was O Coordinator here at MSU his play calling was suspect at times, but he still broke some school records while here at MSU.

CopperCat
March 6th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I always thought he was a good coach (not a great coach, but a good coach). Very good recruiter! He has done some good things over the years with quarterbacks. Good hire! When he was O Coordinator here at MSU his play calling was suspect at times, but he still broke some school records while here at MSU.

That is an understatement. His playcalling was terrible. The reason the Cats did as well as they did when he was still at MSU was because of a talented WR corps and Travis Lulay. Kramer was the one who found and recruited most of those players too. I hate to say it SDSU, but I wasn't impressed with this guy. I hope he fares better for you.

GOKATS
March 6th, 2008, 01:04 PM
I think Bailey is a good coach and recruiter- I think you'll be happy with his hire. There are some who criticised his play calling while he was OC at MT. St. (if you pay attention you'll see that both the Cats and grizz have fans who could go toe to toe with any FCS school when it comes to bitching about their coaches)xsmiley_wix , but somehow the Cats managed to share the Big Sky Champ slot three times and make the FCS playoffs three times while he was here.

Good luck to Don and SDSU!

JackTwice
March 6th, 2008, 07:05 PM
One note, I don't think he will be the OC here at SDSU. He will be the QB and WR coach and I'm sure aid in the playcalling from the box

GOKATS
March 6th, 2008, 09:27 PM
One note, I don't think he will be the OC here at SDSU. He will be the QB and WR coach and I'm sure aid in the playcalling from the box

Yea, I knew he was hired as your QB coach, not OC. Don knows offense and will be an asset with both QB's, receivers, and as I said earlier he's a great recruiter.