PDA

View Full Version : ASU vs JMU Tickets

ball21
March 4th, 2008, 03:20 PM
The tickets for the ASU vs JMU football game scheduled for September 20 at JMU are on sell right now!! I got my tickets and look forward to seeing 2 of my top 5 pre-season teams DUKE it out..

Get your tickets before they are all gone!!

GO APP

PS Thanks JMU for the gift you gave us last year, now let's get ready to do it again!

neersnbeers
March 4th, 2008, 03:29 PM
wonder how fast they'll go? think i'm gonna go ahead and get one.

bench
March 4th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Did anyone else try putting "Visitor's side" in the comments section? Every time I tried that the page would screw up and the order wouldn't go through. When I left no comment or put "Home side" in the box, it worked just fine.

Skjellyfetti
March 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Did anyone else try putting "Visitor's side" in the comments section? Every time I tried that the page would screw up and the order wouldn't go through. When I left no comment or put "Home side" in the box, it worked just fine.

yes, this happened to me as well.

mcveyrl
March 4th, 2008, 06:19 PM
are you guys going through the JMU site?? There's really only a visitor's section, but I don't think that should matter...

Borat
March 4th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Just got tickets. Server seemed pretty busy.

ball21
March 4th, 2008, 07:20 PM

when ordering your tickets for this game , type in the Box 3 what section your would like :such as sections 6-8 on the ASu side,
then there is other sections too. Like # 9 & 16 plus the 2 sections in the endzone.

JMU students are in section 1-5 .. on the ASU side!!

Get your tickets now I know they will not last long

ball21
March 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Just got tickets. Server seemed pretty busy.

what section ?

ball21
March 4th, 2008, 07:23 PM
yes, this happened to me as well.

You can call them tomorrow and give them your order # and they can move you to a different section if you want to change ...

Borat
March 4th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Didn't get an option for section.

ball21
March 4th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Didn't get an option for section.

In Box 3 you could of typed a section.. Just call them tomorrow and let them know what section you would like. They are great to work with !!

AppStsGr8
March 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the tips. See you at the game. Go App!

Saint3333
March 4th, 2008, 08:35 PM
If any ASU fans want to attend this game they should try and order tickets through JMU now as JMU will likely only offer 1,500 (or less) tickets to the ASU ticket office and those tickets will go to Yosef Club members (probably with high point totals) and students.

Let's Black part of their stadium out.

appmountaineer
March 4th, 2008, 10:34 PM
The tickets for the ASU vs JMU football game scheduled for September 20 at JMU are on sell right now!! I got my tickets and look forward to seeing 2 of my top 5 pre-season teams DUKE it out..

Get your tickets before they are all gone!!

GO APP

PS Thanks JMU for the gift you gave us last year, now let's get ready to do it again!

Thank you for posting this...I would've had a hard time getting tickets if this hadn't been posted

mountain_man
March 5th, 2008, 07:49 AM
In Box 3 you could of typed a section.. Just call them tomorrow and let them know what section you would like. They are great to work with !!

I thought they were not giving out seat assignments until Aug. 8.

mountain man
March 5th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Just got mine!!

T-Dog
March 5th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Same here, I just put "Sections 6-8" in the comments. Plus if they see the e-mail and mailing address, I think they'll put 2 and 2 together.

Appaholic
March 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Got mine....

JMU fans.....how strict is your no alcohol policy....are they "frisking" people as they come in the gates?

mcveyrl
March 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Got mine....

JMU fans.....how strict is your no alcohol policy....are they "frisking" people as they come in the gates?

Hmmm...I've never tried. I think people have pulled it off before, though.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
March 5th, 2008, 11:05 AM
When I was there in the late 90's people were able to do that all the time. Security has increased since that time when we barely half filled the stadium at time, but it is mostly to check tickets and seating locations. Having said that, the local cops are like Nazis at time, both campus police and Harrisonburg police. As a result, be careful. They would probably love nothing more than to brag about arresting some drunk App St. fan... xsmiley_wix

I'm sure you guys will bring plenty of fans. I think our fans sometimes get complacent and will think they can buy tickets closer to football season, but this game will probably be a record setting fast sell out.

We look forward to playing you guys in OUR house for a change! xthumbsupx

GannonFan
March 5th, 2008, 11:09 AM
JMU fans are notoriously late ticket buyers, and with the capping of the season ticket base there isn't a very substantial season ticket base (~4k for a 15k seat stadium). There could be large amounts of black in the stands come September if this thread is any true indication. Not the home field advantage JMU was looking for, I'm sure.

APPride
March 5th, 2008, 11:38 AM
When I was there in the late 90's people were able to do that all the time. Security has increased since that time when we barely half filled the stadium at time, but it is mostly to check tickets and seating locations. Having said that, the local cops are like Nazis at time, both campus police and Harrisonburg police. As a result, be careful. They would probably love nothing more than to brag about arresting some drunk App St. fan... xsmiley_wix

I'm sure you guys will bring plenty of fans. I think our fans sometimes get complacent and will think they can buy tickets closer to football season, but this game will probably be a record setting fast sell out.

We look forward to playing you guys in OUR house for a change! xthumbsupx

I dare say it wouldn't be just "some drunk App St. fan" if Appaholic got busted...he seems a cut above our casual drinkers! xlolx xnodx :D

That said, just ordered up 4 tix just in case Yosef club only gets small allotment if all our fans are pre-ordering straight from JMU...

Appaholic
March 5th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I dare say it wouldn't be just "some drunk App St. fan" if Appaholic got busted...he seems a cut above our casual drinkers! xlolx xnodx :D

That said, just ordered up 4 tix just in case Yosef club only gets small allotment if all our fans are pre-ordering straight from JMU...

I'll try my best to live up to your expectations....xthumbsupx

Sounding like we might have to set up an AGS tent.......JMU fans of course are invited if any come to the game....xwhistlex

ball21
March 5th, 2008, 11:58 AM

I think JMU should give me some free tickets since I am acting like a ticket broker for them!! I went ahead and got 4 x just incase!! Never bad to have too many tickets to the BIG Game and try to sell them to some ASU fans that didn't buy tickets now!!

AshevilleApp2
March 5th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I think JMU should give me some free tickets since I am acting like a ticket broker for them!! I went ahead and got 4 x just incase!! Never bad to have too many tickets to the BIG Game and try to sell them to some ASU fans that didn't buy tickets now!!

I just bought my ticket, but I'm not sure I'm going to the game. Depends on what day the LSU games ends up being played. So there may be another spare for sale.

AppGirl
March 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I just ordered ours! Thanks for the info! Last year, Michigan was on my younger son's birthday. This game is on the older son's birthday. Hope we get a win for him, too!

AshevilleApp2
March 5th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I just ordered ours! Thanks for the info! Last year, Michigan was on my younger son's birthday. This game is on the older son's birthday. Hope we get a win for him, too!

Welcome back AppGirl!

asu3peat
March 5th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Ordered my tix today, hopefully somewhere in sec. 7 or 8. Now need to decide whether to stay in harrisonburg or drive on home after the game???

JMU2004
March 5th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Just so ASU fans understand how this ticket process will work, here is an excerpt on JMU ticket policy. I sincerely doubt that many GA tickets will be around after Season Ticket holders, Duke Club members, and students are accounted for.

Single Home Game Ticket Orders

* We will begin accepting single game ticket orders on March 1st.
* Orders will be filled following the August 8th Individual Game Priority Deadline.
* Single game ticket orders will be assigned in order of Duke Club Priority Points then by order date.* Tickets will be mailed the week of August 11.
* Seating requests can be made – exact locations are not guaranteed and based on availablitiy during the assignment process.
* In the event ticket requests exceed availability, unfilled orders will receive full credit towards other tickets or a refund (internet processing fees cannot be refunded).

AshevilleApp2
March 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Ordered my tix today, hopefully somewhere in sec. 7 or 8. Now need to decide whether to stay in harrisonburg or drive on home after the game???

Found a room at the Day's Inn in Harrisonburg for $71 plus tax. It's about a half mile from the stadium as best I can tell.

mcveyrl
March 5th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Found a room at the Day's Inn in Harrisonburg for $71 plus tax. It's about a half mile from the stadium as best I can tell.

That's definitely a walking distance hotel. It will fill up fast. A lot of people can't park that close.

GannonFan
March 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Just so ASU fans understand how this ticket process will work, here is an excerpt on JMU ticket policy. I sincerely doubt that many GA tickets will be around after Season Ticket holders, Duke Club members, and students are accounted for.

Single Home Game Ticket Orders

* We will begin accepting single game ticket orders on March 1st.
* Orders will be filled following the August 8th Individual Game Priority Deadline.
* Single game ticket orders will be assigned in order of Duke Club Priority Points then by order date.* Tickets will be mailed the week of August 11.
* Seating requests can be made – exact locations are not guaranteed and based on availablitiy during the assignment process.
* In the event ticket requests exceed availability, unfilled orders will receive full credit towards other tickets or a refund (internet processing fees cannot be refunded).

That makes sense - to have it otherwise would be absolutely assine and would result in a virtual home game for Appy St. Thanks for the explanation.

appst97
March 5th, 2008, 05:45 PM
That's definitely a walking distance hotel. It will fill up fast. A lot of people can't park that close.

How far away is the Courtyard by Marriott from the stadium?

AppGirl
March 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM

I went ahead and booked us there, too. We'll have to get together! xthumbsupx
Go Apps!!!

Saint3333
March 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
That makes sense - to have it otherwise would be absolutely assine and would result in a virtual home game for Appy St. Thanks for the explanation.

I agree to a point, other wise ASU could have brought close to 3K people.

However this isn't the best system. First set a deadline for season tickets, say June, and then open single game sales to the public, which would allow people to pick their section. This sounds like more work for the ticket office than is necessary.

GannonFan
March 5th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I agree to a point, other wise ASU could have brought close to 3K people.

However this isn't the best system. First set a deadline for season tickets, say June, and then open single game sales to the public, which would allow people to pick their section. This sounds like more work for the ticket office than is necessary.

Well, it's just representative of the buying patterns of their fanbase. A large number of students for one thing versus alumni or casual fans, and a relatively low season ticket base for the size of the school and stadium. They just buy their tickets later and they want to accomodate donors to the program who don't buy season tickets. Those people may not feel inclined to buy season tickets in the future (especially when they expand the stadium) if they get treated like any other fan, especially opposing fans. It makes sense for them.

Saint3333
March 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
What is Delaware's policy?

bluehenbillk
March 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM

Single game tix go on sale about August 1. The 11,000 seasons, the allotment for students & other groups & family packs have all been taken care of by then.

GannonFan
March 5th, 2008, 09:22 PM

We, surprisingly enough, don't have priorities based on donation levels, at least outside of a very tiny handful of seats. We do have a large season ticket base (11k) so that's half the stadium right there, and the students get 3k reserved. Visiting teams get 500 allocated directly to them that they get to sell. The rest go on sale sometime around early August and they go to first come first served. UD fans that aren't season ticket holders buy the vast majority of that, and some of that is because there are non-season ticket holders that are quick buyers, but also because there aren't really large travelling fanbases in the CAA. Most don't even use the 500 ticket allottment and return some of that. Last year Richmond was easily the biggest visiting fanbase in Newark and that's from a school that's about to build a 9k seat stadium they aren't sure they can fill. Go figure.

BDKJMU
March 6th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Got mine....

Just do a West VA flask. :)

I'm thinking JMU's stadium, which has an official capacity of 14,513,
http://www.jmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&KEY=&SPID=8113&SPSID=71224
will be overflow of 16-17 k, esp if a mid afternoon or night game (I know the UD night game in 06' broke 16k listed attendance) in what could end up being, depending on how things go the 1st 3 games for both teams, the biggest regular season home game in JMU history. The last time JMU hosted a #1 (I think ASU reamins #1 with a LSU loss) was in 95' in a 30-24 loss to McNeese St. Given what happened last Nov, and given the expectations for JMU this season, plus with Armanti getting some Heisman mention....

Appaholic
March 6th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Just do a West VA flask. :)

I'm thinking JMU's stadium, which has an official capacity of 14,513,
http://www.jmusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=14400&KEY=&SPID=8113&SPSID=71224
will be overflow of 16-17 k, esp if a mid afternoon or night game (I know the UD night game in 06' broke 16k listed attendance) in what could end up being, depending on how things go the 1st 3 games for both teams, the biggest regular season home game in JMU history. The last time JMU hosted a #1 (I think ASU reamins #1 with a LSU loss) was in 95' in a 30-24 loss to McNeese St. Given what happened last Nov, and given the expectations for JMU this season, plus with Armanti getting some Heisman mention....

Hope I get the tickets..........informed the wife yesterday and we are going to plan a back-packing trip for vacation week before or after game. Will have dog with us.....anybody know of pet-friendly establishments or could recommend a kennel we could place our dog with on game day to enable out tailgating?

AshevilleApp2
March 6th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Hope I get the tickets..........informed the wife yesterday and we are going to plan a back-packing trip for vacation week before or after game. Will have dog with us.....anybody know of pet-friendly establishments or could recommend a kennel we could place our dog with on game day to enable out tailgating?

Here you go.

http://www.harrisonburgtourism.com/v.php?pg=5

BDKJMU
March 6th, 2008, 07:36 PM
But the real question is...
Does she have a ticket?...and a map?

AppGirl
March 7th, 2008, 08:32 AM

The Days Inn in Harrisonburg says on their website that pets are allowed. Maybe we can set up ASU/AGS base there.

AshevilleApp2
March 7th, 2008, 08:36 AM
The Days Inn in Harrisonburg says on their website that pets are allowed. Maybe we can set up ASU/AGS base there.

Great idea. I'm curious to see if I'll recognize anyone from games in Boone.

AppGrad06
March 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM

Did ya have to go there?

ericsaid
March 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Pretty suyre that picture is the funniest thing ive read in my entire life.

JmuSkinsfan
March 8th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I have never had trouble sneaking in liqour. I usually fill up 2 of those 8 oz. mini water bottles with whiskey and stick them in a big pocket in my shorts...never fails.

get in the stadium and grab a couple cokes and you are set

SkinsWizDukes
March 8th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Just put a couple airplane bottles in your pockets. That's probably the easiest way to go.

BDKJMU
March 9th, 2008, 01:59 AM
"WV Flask"- little zip lock (pint size) bags with your beverage of choice-good bourbon like Maker's or Jim Beam Black for me. Just make sure you double bag it and make sure both bags are sealed. Better to have loose cargo pockets (also got to have room to carry some streamer rolls!xsmiley_wix ). Twice I've put it in my front jeans pockets and it sprung a leak, but probably didn't have both bags sealed. Once I had killed what was left in the bag I had to resort to sticking my hand in my bourbon soaked jeans pocket and then up to my face to get that bourbon aroma. And you can leave at halftime and re enter, unlike at UD. Just keep your ticket stub.

ERASU2113
March 9th, 2008, 12:50 PM

She's not even going to ASU. Atleast not yet.

Think it was because she couldn't find it on a map xrulesx xreadx

BDKJMU
March 9th, 2008, 05:06 PM
"WV Flask"- little zip lock (pint size) bags with your beverage of choice-good bourbon like Maker's or Jim Beam Black for me. Just make sure you double bag it and make sure both bags are sealed. Better to have loose cargo pockets (also got to have room to carry some streamer rolls!xsmiley_wix ). Twice I've put it in my front jeans pockets and it sprung a leak, but probably didn't have both bags sealed. Once I had killed what was left in the bag I had to resort to sticking my hand in my bourbon soaked jeans pocket and then up to my face to get that bourbon aroma. And you can leave at halftime and re enter, unlike at UD. Just keep your ticket stub.

I should have also mentioned an fairly obvious point, only fill the bag partially (3-5) oz full. Full bag more likely to rupture. If you want more, can do a second double bag if you've got room in your pockets.