PDA

View Full Version : Louisianna I-AA

Keydet90
September 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
Are there any Northwestern State, Southern, Southeast LA, McNeese, Grambling, Nicholls, or other Louisianna I-AA posters out there? I am in DeRidder and we just got power back but no TV, gas, etc. I was wondering whether McNeese will even have a football season with Lake Charles to remain closed for up to a month? They have already lost two games. I also understand NSU has lost two games this year. Were other games affected this weekend and will any other I-AAs in state be affected this coming weekend? I had really hoped to make it down to a McNeese game this season and possibly to a game at Grambling or at Lafayette but I think McNeese and possibly other schools seasons are in jeoprady. Does anyone have any information? We have not had TV since Friday or newspaper since last Thursday.

DP '90

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
This is information on McNeese in general restarting their athletic program:
http://mcneesesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/092705aab.html

Southeastern has moved homecoming and has provided options for season ticket holders:
http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/football/1776
http://www.lionsports.net/headlines/football/1775

And just for kicks, here is Lamar's information since they are an SLC school:
http://lamarcardinals.collegesports.com/genrel/092505aaa.html

Baltimore Hen
September 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
And just for kicks, here is Lamar's information since they are an SLC school:
http://lamarcardinals.collegesports.com/genrel/092505aaa.html

For some reason I cannot take a school named Lamar seriously. I always get a picture of the gay guy from revenge of the nerds in my head. Needless to say it is not very intimidating.

(On a more serious note. I hope all are safe in beaumont)

TexasTerror
September 28th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Lamar is named after the "Father of Education", Mirabeau Lamar. Actually quite a few schools from elementary on up to the university named after him around the state. Lamar has four component schools in the "Golden Triangle" area, of which only one may be operational by week's end (a two-year school). I bet Lamar would be turning over in his grave if he saw education in our state today.

Too bad Lamar doesn't add football again. Heard Sam and Lamar had a healthy rivalry in FB. Not as great as SFA/Sam, but solid...

AZGrizFan
September 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
For some reason I cannot take a school named Lamar seriously. I always get a picture of the gay guy from revenge of the nerds in my head. Needless to say it is not very intimidating.

(On a more serious note. I hope all are safe in beaumont)

I picture Harvey Korman in Blazing Saddles...Lamar Hedley.

TheValleyRaider
September 28th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I picture Harvey Korman in Blazing Saddles...Lamar Hedley.

Isn't that Heddey Lamar? ;) :p

UTCOWBOY71
September 28th, 2005, 05:19 PM
McNeese is 1-1 Beat Georgia Southern and lost to Southern Miss

kats89
September 28th, 2005, 05:45 PM
The Southland Conference is a mess. With Se La, Nicholls St, McNeese St, Sam Houston St and I think Northwestern St all having at least one game cancelled, I would think it will be safe to say that we will not get an at large bid this year. This has been a screwy year already.

Dallas Demon
September 28th, 2005, 06:13 PM
Are there any Northwestern State, Southern, Southeast LA, McNeese, Grambling, Nicholls, or other Louisianna I-AA posters out there? I am in DeRidder and we just got power back but no TV, gas, etc. I was wondering whether McNeese will even have a football season with Lake Charles to remain closed for up to a month? They have already lost two games. I also understand NSU has lost two games this year. Were other games affected this weekend and will any other I-AAs in state be affected this coming weekend? I had really hoped to make it down to a McNeese game this season and possibly to a game at Grambling or at Lafayette but I think McNeese and possibly other schools seasons are in jeoprady. Does anyone have any information? We have not had TV since Friday or newspaper since last Thursday.

DP '90

Northwestern just had the one game cancelled last weekend and hastily tried to schedule another this weekend to try and make up for the lost game, but couldn't make arrangements with anyone. Looks like a 10 game schedule for the Demons this year. School was out the Friday and Monday before/after the hurricane. Classes resumed on Tuesday.

McNeese is in quite of a bind at the moment, however. The school is still shut down and the stadium is perhaps unplayable for the rest of the year. The team will likely finish out the remainder of their season, but may have to do so at another campus or play all games away. It's been discussed that the Cowboys would possibly play some of their games at Northwestern - that's TBD.

All other schools should be able to maintain their planned pre-Hurricane Rita schedules at this time.

Dallas Demon
September 28th, 2005, 06:18 PM
The Southland Conference is a mess. With Se La, Nicholls St, McNeese St, Sam Houston St and I think Northwestern St all having at least one game cancelled, I would think it will be safe to say that we will not get an at large bid this year. This has been a screwy year already.

Not sure about the at large bid as the situation would need to be looked at carefully by the selection committee. They wouldn't want to appear to be "inconsiderate" with regards to the hurricane affected schools, that would politically be a bad thing to do.

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Southern U. is in the process of trying to find an opponent to play on Oct. 29 to make up for its lost game due to Hurricane Rita.

McNeese75
September 28th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Southern U. is in the process of trying to find an opponent to play on Oct. 29 to make up for its lost game due to Hurricane Rita.

:confused: Why bother? They certainly were not concerned about the game they cancelled (not delayed) because of Katirna. :bang:

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 28th, 2005, 08:19 PM
:confused: Why bother? They certainly were not concerned about the game they cancelled (not delayed) because of Katirna. :bang:
Its is my understanding that SU has found an opponent. We both know because of the circumstances of Katrina, it was not appropriate to play football that weekend.

bobcatfan06
September 28th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Its is my understanding that SU has found an opponent. We both know because of the circumstances of Katrina, it was not appropriate to play football that weekend.

What's the difference?? :bang:

McNeese75
September 28th, 2005, 11:23 PM

:eyebrow:

So why reschedule the game from last week and not the first????

Is it really that hard to understand the point here?????? :confused:

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 29th, 2005, 12:23 AM
:eyebrow:

So why reschedule the game from last week and not the first????

Is it really that hard to understand the point here?????? :confused:
If you were in the same position which game would you reschedule. The home game or an away game.

kats89
September 29th, 2005, 01:41 AM
If you were in the same position which game would you reschedule. The home game or an away game.

Sounds like SU is scared of McNeese? Who did you schedule, a NAIA? We did!

It's been discussed that the Cowboys would possibly play some of their games at Northwestern - that's TBD.

That would be like SHSU playing games at Homer-Bryce on SFA campus. :nonono2:

SUjagTILLiDIE
September 29th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Sounds like SU is scared of McNeese?Lets be real. :confused:

GeauxLions94
September 29th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Isn't that Heddey Lamar? ;) :p

That's Headley!

McNeese75
September 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Lets be real. :confused:

I will not even waste keystrokes over what the outcome of the game would have been this year. (but it would have been ugly for you guys!! :D )

TexasTerror
September 30th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Why does it matter if Southern schedules a OOC game outside of bringing in the gate? It's not like they are ever going to go to the playoffs or anything...