PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State vs Eastern Kentucky Predictions

Gamecocks99
September 27th, 2005, 10:37 PM
After reading EKU's injury report from the Richmond Register today I think that EKU's defense might take on a different look without their All-American
# 16 Jerome Jones on defense.

I really think it will be a close game this between JSU & EKU. Even though some of the EKU fans think they are going to come to Paul Snow and blow out the Gamecocks and take home the OVC title Saturday night. Like it is their birth right or something. Talk is cheap and it takes more than Money to buy the good whiskey in Alabama. The Jacksonville State Gamecocks are not going to just roll over and give the game to EKU because of their Great history in the OVC.

It will be a great game with standing room only and it will be very loud as-well.

Here is the Injury report from
Today's Richmond Register

By Nathan Hutchinson/Register Sports Editor

Jones questionable

The Colonels will more than likely be without All-American linebacker Jerome Jones when they travel to Alabama Saturday for a showdown with two-time defending OVC championship Jacksonville State.

The senior suffered a knee injury late in the first half of EKU's win last weekend over Tennessee Tech and did not return. He was examined after the game, but his status for this week and the rest of the season is still not known.

"He was being evaluated today and they will give me the prognosis this afternoon," Hope said Monday at his weekly press conference. "I'd say it's probably doubtful."

Jones is currently second on the team with 32 tackles, including 1.5 tackles for loss and .5 sacks.

If Jones isn't able to play this week, junior Justin Grundy will more than likely take his place.

"We've got to pick it up," Grundy said. "He's one guy who does a whole lot for us, so guys like me and the second and third-string guys just need to pick it up."

Injury update

Center Will Heineman did not see action the past two weeks after breaking his hand prior to the N.C. State game. The senior, who has a large cast on his hand, has been replaced in the starting lineup by freshman Shawn Dedden.

Heineman may see some playing time this weekend, but if he does it will be at guard, not center.

Injuries have also forced the Colonels take make some other lineup changes. Sophomore Derrick Huff has taken over as a first-string cornerback after persistent problems forced James Gaines out of a starting spot. Huff has started the last two games and had an interception, the second of his career, against Tech.

Also, an injury to sophomore George Anderson has caused the EKU coaching staff to reshuffle the rotation on the defensive line.

EKU's defense might take on a different look and want be as strong because of All-American Jerome Jones knee injury. What do you Guys think?

My prediction: Jacksonville State 35 Eastern Kentucky 28

Game on at our house!!!

Is it Saturday yet?

JaxStateManager
September 27th, 2005, 11:00 PM
From what I have seen over the past two days at practice, I believe that the Gamecocks will have a better game offensively than they did against SEMO. The defense should have another good performance and the special teams could make or break this game for us this week. Botkin Ball will be in full effect aginst EKU.
JSU 28 EKU 17

Killtoppers90
September 28th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Should be a barn-burner! Good luck to both teams! NAH! GO Cocks!

Killtoppers90
September 28th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Should be a barn-burner! Good luck to both teams! NAH! GO Cocks! :D

Cocky
September 28th, 2005, 06:48 AM
JSU 38
EKU 17

jsualum97
September 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I wish that it would be standing room only. However, I don't think that it will because of the Talladega Race.
If not for the race then yes, we could possibly expect 13,000-15,000 for the game. I know that most of the fraternities and sororities work at the Talladega Race weekend to raise money. That is a big chunk of student section.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
This is the OVC game of the year. It's probably in effect a playoff game, as both are probably the best in the OVC (no offense to TN-Martin, but I'm wait-and-see with them). I'm keeping an eye on this one, and I think the Colonels are going to pull it out.

colonel84
September 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM
As Corso often says "not so fast my friend" -

Killtopper - you should want us to win after the "gift" we gave you a few weeks ago.

Lehigh - although it was decades ago when we last played each other - thanks for your support.

I think it will be a close one but EKU will win

OSRacer
September 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM
After that Ill State fiasco I need to stay out of the prediciton business but...

I am going with EKU 35 - JSU 20

Killtoppers90
September 28th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Killtopper - you should want us to win after the "gift" we gave you a few weeks ago.

You are right, I SHOULD.........

ISUMatt
September 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
After that Ill State fiasco I need to stay out of the prediciton business but...

LOL

EKU 24
JSU 23

Feathered Fury
September 28th, 2005, 06:54 PM
To me EKU along with Georgia Southern, Furman, Montana, Youngstown State, Delaware, and McNeese State embody the essence of I-AA. To borrow a phrase from our Coach Jack Crowe they are one of the Bell-Cows of I-AA. That status in my opinion is what JSU is in hunt of and I think one day can achieve. I have felt since the day JSU joined the league that Samford would not be our biggest rival. I also felt the Tennessee schools would not. Our biggest rival is developing into EKU just as I thought it would. I would not have it any other way. I look forward to this rivalry getting better and better as the years go. I am also glad there is atleast one other school that shares similar football related goals. Off the field JSU/EKU are probably going to be two of the closest knit members of the league in regards to football. I predict JSU 28 EKU 21.

ekufbfan
September 29th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I am not ready to predict an outcome for this game. This will be tough game. Do I think EKU can win? Yes!!! and I HOPE by a convincing margin. Although I believe that the Colonels are a much better team than their record indicates, I want them to show me Saturday night that they are in the hunt and hungry for a title and return to the heights of IAA. I was a believer during our "glory" years, I knew when the Colonels walked on the field, we were likely to walk away with the W. I desperately want us back at the top....so come on Colonels make me a believer again!!!!

GO BIG E!!! BEAT JSU!!

colonelblitz
September 29th, 2005, 03:08 PM
To me EKU along with Georgia Southern, Furman, Montana, Youngstown State, Delaware, and McNeese State embody the essence of I-AA. To borrow a phrase from our Coach Jack Crowe they are one of the Bell-Cows of I-AA. That status in my opinion is what JSU is in hunt of and I think one day can achieve. I have felt since the day JSU joined the league that Samford would not be our biggest rival. I also felt the Tennessee schools would not. Our biggest rival is developing into EKU just as I thought it would. I would not have it any other way. I look forward to this rivalry getting better and better as the years go. I am also glad there is atleast one other school that shares similar football related goals. Off the field JSU/EKU are probably going to be two of the closest knit members of the league in regards to football. I predict JSU 28 EKU 21.

That was well said. No kidding.. You just got the score backwards.. :)

WKU SUCKS!!!! except killtoppers.. He's almost Cool.. :cool: But that depends on which personality has control at the time. :spank:

ekufbfan
September 29th, 2005, 04:21 PM
There is no question...WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS GAME!!!It is time we put our $$$ where our mouths are and where it counts and that is with a WIN! I am tired of waiting, it is time we JUST DO IT and want it done now!

GO COLONELS!!!!

OL FU
September 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM
Feathered Fury,

That was a heck of a post. I just made one small edit. ;)

To me EKU along with Furman, Montana, Youngstown State, Delaware, and McNeese State and Georgia Southern embody the essence of I-AA.

I little distance between some teams can go along way :)

Cocky
October 1st, 2005, 11:45 AM
The playoffs begin tonight at 6:00 pm in the Snow. This game is in essence the first playoff game of the year. The victor should represent the OVC in the I-AA playoffs. There is a good crowd already in J'ville should be a great atmosphere and game.

GO COCKS
NOBOBY CAN LICK MY COCKS!!!

Killtoppers90
October 1st, 2005, 05:15 PM
WKU SUCKS!!!! except killtoppers.. He's almost Cool.. :cool: But that depends on which personality has control at the time. :spank:

http://www.skgiessen.de/movies/loadm.php?Mimg=Jekyll%20and%20Hyde%20Together%20Ag ain
I don't know what you are talking about Blitz????????

colonelblitz
October 1st, 2005, 07:39 PM
http://www.skgiessen.de/movies/loadm.php?Mimg=Jekyll%20and%20Hyde%20Together%20Ag ain
I don't know what you are talking about Blitz????????

That was funny!!! EKU leads JSU at the half... 17- 14