PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Classic - CCSU vs. NCCU

aceinthehole
February 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Central Connecticut just released the 2008 football schedule and details of their matchup with North Carolina Central.

Third-year head coach Jeff McInerney and the Central Connecticut football team released its 2008 schedule today. Highlighting the 2008 schedule is a visit by North Carolina Central for the Harmony Classic in New Britain. The first-ever game of its kind, the Harmony Classic will feature the Blue Devils hosting the Eagles at Willow Brook Park on Sept. 20. The game will feature a post-game performance by North Carolina Central’s nationally recognized marching band, The Marching Sound Machine, as well as a dual performance by the CCSU and NCC bands at halftime.

The Harmony Classic on Sept. 20 will be played at Willow Brook Park in New Britain. The game will highlight a week of activity on the CCSU campus aimed at celebrating diversity and the relationship between diversity, academics and athletics.

“The Harmony Classic will be a week-long event on the campus of CCSU and will culminate with the playing of the game on Saturday afternoon at Willow Brook Park,” Director of Athletics C.J. Jones said. “We will celebrate diversity in a truly unique way, and we will do so with the involvement of more than just the athletics department. We are looking forward to this event and getting the corporate community involved in sponsoring this event.”

More details on the Harmony Classic and the events to be held during the week will be released in the coming months.

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17600&ATCLID=1400386

89Hen
February 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe the NAACP will sponsor this one. xsmiley_wix

xpopcornx

nwFL Griz
February 29th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Maybe the NAACP will sponsor this one. xsmiley_wix

xpopcornx

Troublemaker! xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
February 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Hey, this gets a big xthumbsupx from me. What people may not realize is this is going to be hosted NOT at Arute field but Memorial Field at Willow Brook Park which seats more than 8,000 fans.

I really like these types of interesting matchups between HBCU's and non-traditional HBCU opponents. I like the fact that CCSU, as always, is thinking outside the box for scheduling. I like the fact that it's a new "classic". Basically, I love it! xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
February 29th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hey, this gets a big xthumbsupx from me. What people may not realize is this is going to be hosted NOT at Arute field but Memorial Field at Willow Brook Park which seats more than 8,000 fans.

I really like these types of interesting matchups between HBCU's and non-traditional HBCU opponents. I like the fact that CCSU, as always, is thinking outside the box for scheduling. I like the fact that it's a new "classic". Basically, I love it! xthumbsupxMe too! There should be a lot more of them!! xnodx

slostang
February 29th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds like a great idea for a game.

downbythebeach
March 1st, 2008, 08:05 AM
CCSU is one program that is really moving in the right direction

YaleFootballFan
March 1st, 2008, 08:13 AM
CCSU is one program that is really moving in the right direction

And that's great to see! Their football program has come a long way and it's only going to get better from here on out. Good for them.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
March 1st, 2008, 09:37 AM
Ace,

Will CCSU get the New Britain HS Golden Hurricane Marching Band to participate? Of course, I'm assuming that they're as good as they used to be. The story when I was in HS at rival Bulkeley, was that if you couldn't make the football team, then you went out for the band!! Their band used to play halftime at a NY Giants game every year. One of the best, if not the best, HS Band in CT.

Plan to be in Durham for the UNH-Albany game, but if this game is at night then I'll have to think about dashing back down the highways to CT.

Seawolf97
March 1st, 2008, 08:37 PM
This should be a good match up and I know the Battle of Bands should be great! Its good to see games like this xthumbsupx