PDA

View Full Version : GWU at Furman ... How bad will it get?

Thumper250
September 27th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Any ideas? G-W has never been able to move the ball against the Paladins, so this could get to be a whoopin' early.

Thoughts?

OL FU
September 27th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Last year was 38-6. 525 yards of offense and we had four turnovers. 3 interceptions, I believe. The early talk was that GW was going to be better this year. Seems like I also heard someone say recently that Tenn- Martin was better than most people think. Any takers? :)

This year without turnovers, we score a lot of points. But we have been turnover friendly. Also, human nature being what it is, we have Appalachian next week and while I am sure the coaches will be doing everything possible to eliminate that from the brain waves, I think it will be a factor. At this point I'd take a win and move on into the SoCon.

I think we win by at least three touchdowns and a blowout is possible. But I think we play a bit sluggish after last week and looking to next week. I'll stick with three touchdowns.

adrianb
September 27th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Teams have been able to throw against the Furmans so perhaps G-W can score. Nick Roberts has also run well this year, but G-W will need something from the running backs to have any type of chance.