PDA

View Full Version : And I thought App State won the national championship.

JohnStOnge
February 26th, 2008, 05:37 PM
See this nfl.com prospect profile of Kroy Beirman:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kroy-biermann?id=2664

Touchdown Yosef
February 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Just classic FCS coverage. Congrats Montana.

nwFL Griz
February 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
I'm glad someone finally recognized Montana as the true national champs!

Eyes of Old Main
February 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Everything was going according to plan, but then...

nwFL Griz
February 27th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Damn you Terriers....Damn you....

mcveyrl
February 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Who puts these things together? If I had to guess, I'd say that either the athlete or his agent submits something to the NFL. It doesn't seem like there's much objectivity...

Biermann used his burst off the snap, instincts and high motor to rack up gaudy numbers last season

You think the agent fudged a little figuring nobody would know??

schmofstra
February 27th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Montana was in the championship tourney that year, right? I suspect it was a sloppy rewrite job by an editor -- very sloppy.

Eyes of Old Main
February 27th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Damn you Terriers....Damn you....

It was our pleasure...

Rekdiver
February 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM
That's okay, my resume now says i received my JD from Harvard.......

AZGrizFan
February 27th, 2008, 09:16 AM
He earned eight letters at Hardin High School: three each in football and wrestling and two in track. He was a first team all-state pick and team captain as a junior and senior at linebacker. He was chosen first team all-conference at running back in 2002 and 2003. He participated in Montana's Annual East-West Shrine Game. His high school football coaches were Kelly Kinsey and former (1971-75) Griz tight end Duane Walker. Biermann was one of the state's premier wrestlers at the A level and placed second in the state as a junior and senior. His senior year in wrestling he was team captain, had the most take-downs and most pins, and was voted his team's Most Valuable Wrestler.

Just another example of why I like the Griz to recruit linemen who were also excellent wrestlers.... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx They understand leaver-age....

APPride
February 27th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Everything was going according to plan, but then...

made me chuckle...

then I thought "oh yeah" ... xthumbsupx

D1scout
February 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Just another example of why I like the Griz to recruit linemen who were also excellent wrestlers.... xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx They understand leaver-age....

AzGrizFan, I agree with you that O-linemen with a wrestling background usually make better linemen initially upon entering college. xnodx They seem to be stronger, more agile, and have better balance. They also seem to move their feet quicker and are able to explode off the ball better. But, unfortunately, if they aren't developed or their development doesn't continue from the start they can then fall back into the pack and lose that initial advantage. :( It all depends on the position coach mostly!xthumbsupx

Syntax Error
February 27th, 2008, 12:53 PM
You all are suffering from Griz envy.

Eight Legger
February 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Biermann used his burst off the snap, instincts and high motor to rack up gaudy numbers last season (72 tackles, 15 sacks, five forced fumbles) in helping lead Montana to a national championship-game viewing party at a local Chuck E. Cheese's.

There, fixed it for you guys.

schmofstra
February 27th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Biermann used his burst off the snap, instincts and high motor to rack up gaudy numbers last season (72 tackles, 15 sacks, five forced fumbles) in helping lead Montana to a national championship-game viewing party at a local Chuck E. Cheese's.

There, fixed it for you guys.

Hilarious!xsmileyclapx xlolx xrotatehx

How about:

"in helping lead Montana to a national championship"-betting party where unfortunately he took Delaware and the Over.

james_lawfirm
February 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Schmofstra:

Your avatar looks suspiciously like Glen Campbell. Is that him when he got busted for DWI?

schmofstra
February 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Schmofstra:

Your avatar looks suspiciously like Glen Campbell. Is that him when he got busted for DWI?

... and disorderly conduct and kicking a police sergeant in the station? Yep!!

And here's the thread that started it all:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37335&highlight=heidi+fleiss

BULLDOG8180
February 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM

The kid probably wasn't a wrestler, probably made that up too.xnodx

SoCon48
February 28th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Schmofstra:

Looks more like the pic of a child predator my local paper keeps showing.

mcveyrl
February 28th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Schmofstra:

Looks more like the pic of a child predator my local paper keeps showing.

I think it's plausible that both of you could be right!:D

rob_p469
February 28th, 2008, 08:41 AM
xlolx

Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

jonmac
February 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM
... and disorderly conduct and kicking a police sergeant in the station? Yep!!

And here's the thread that started it all:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37335&highlight=heidi+fleiss

Is that the new slang for "nads"?xlolx

schmofstra
February 28th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Is that the new slang for "nads"?xlolx

Yes, I see what you mean -- bit of a double meaning there.xsmiley_wix

How about kicked the police sergeant ...

... in the nightstick

... in the partners

... in the ol' 12th Precinct

... in the squad cars

... right in his beat cops

... in the brass!

I'll spare you from the firearms puns (for now!):D

D1B
February 28th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Is the jinx over?xeyebrowx

Peems
February 28th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Who puts these things together? If I had to guess, I'd say that either the athlete or his agent submits something to the NFL. It doesn't seem like there's much objectivity...

You think the agent fudged a little figuring nobody would know??

Kroy would have taken the chipper over the Buck any day xnodx

mcveyrl
February 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Kroy would have taken the chipper over the Buck any day xnodx

Yea, I don't doubt that, and I'm not saying he would fudge it, but I wouldn't put anything past an agent. My guess is Bierman probably doesn't even look at this thing, he just looks to his agent to get it done.

And I'm just guessing. It could be that the NFL does this and messed it up, too.

CopperCat
February 28th, 2008, 08:41 PM

Clearly not Dave Coulson............xrolleyesx

ursus arctos horribilis
February 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM

Well if he wasn't a wrestler then you are not a military man. This is from the University of Montana bio page for Kroy:

High School: He earned eight letters at Hardin High School: three each in football and wrestling and two in track.

He was a first team all-state pick and team captain as a junior and senior at linebacker. He was chosen first team all-conference at running back in 2002 and 2003.

He participated in Montana's Annual East-West Shrine Game. His high school football coaches were Kelly Kinsey and former (1971-75) Griz tight end Duane Walker.

Biermann was one of the state's premier wrestlers at the A level and placed second in the state as a junior and senior. His senior year in wrestling he was team captain, had the most take-downs and most pins, and was voted his team's Most Valuable Wrestler.