Villanova at #1 New Hamsphire 12:30
Rhode Island at Brown 1:00
#5 James Madison at #23 Hofstra 3:30 *BIGGEST A10 GAME THIS WEEK*
#5 Delaware at Towson 6:00
Albany at Maine (in Portland, ME) 6:00
Bye Weeks: #21 Massachusetts, Northeastern, Richmond, #19 William & Mary

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
8 for 8 last week improved my record to 13-3 for the year. Here we go....

Villanova at #1 New Hamsphire: I'll take the Wildcats... the Green Mountain State variety. UNH should be able to avoid the #1 jinx for at least a week.

Rhode Island at Brown: This game is almost always 10 points or less... URI by the hair of their chins.

#5 James Madison at #23 Hofstra: Shootout in Long Island with the Dukes winning, game sets an A10 regulation point total record.

#5 Delaware at Towson: Ugly first half followed by an even uglier second half and the Hens escape for the third time in four weeks.

Albany at Maine: Kudos to Albany for playing an A10 schedule, but they're just not ready for it. Maine needs to win big, and they do.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Lots of games to be interested in here.

JMU and Hofstra will give me something with which to compare the FU Hofstra game.

I have had Villanova sitting on the boundaries of the top twenty five, so this could help decide.

Rhode Island/ Brown will help decide how good of a win Harvard had last week.

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Rhode Island/ Brown will help decide how good of a win Harvard had last week.
I think Harvard/Lehigh will do a much better job of that. URI/Brown is more of a rivalry game so I wouldn't put much stock either way it goes.

th0m
September 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
For some reason, I don't think the Hofstra-JMU game will be a two-sided high scoring affair. Yes, JMU has discovered the pass works just as well, but that was against DSU. Running will chew up lots of time, so I think it could be a heartbreaker in which I can't honestly say who will win, but Hofstra will have something to prove coming off their Furman loss, while JMU will have something to prove since this is their first 'legit' opponent and still really need to avenge their loss to CCU to probably gain a bit of respect in the I-AA confines and maybe gather some first-place votes, as opposed to Hampton who got 2(!) first place votes with a lower ranking in the Sports Network Poll.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
For some reason, I don't think the Hofstra-JMU game will be a two-sided high scoring affair. Yes, JMU has discovered the pass works just as well, but that was against DSU. Running will chew up lots of time, so I think it could be a heartbreaker in which I can't honestly say who will win, but Hofstra will have something to prove coming off their Furman loss, while JMU will have something to prove since this is their first 'legit' opponent and still really need to avenge their loss to CCU to probably gain a bit of respect in the I-AA confines and maybe gather some first-place votes, as opposed to Hampton who got 2(!) first place votes with a lower ranking in the Sports Network Poll.

In the Furman game and this is not precise, Furman had the ball almost twice as long as Hofstra. You can look at that two ways: One, time of possession is not that important or, two, (the way I look at it), if we had not controlled possession, they would have scored 70 points.

th0m
September 26th, 2005, 03:03 PM
So if we resort to passing, that would give us the same fate you guys had. I guess it all depends on Hofstra's run defense, and their ability to score against our pass defense. Either way, I'm both anxious and excited about the game.

youwouldno
September 26th, 2005, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure JMU-Hofstra will be quite as high-scoring as Hofstra-FU was. It could be, but Hofstra's defense might not be as bad as the numbers from last week would indicate. Furman averaged 4.8 yards per play, which is the lowest of our games this year (including WCU). We just converted a ridiculous number of third downs, primarily due to the ground game getting consistent yards on 1st and 2nd down. JMU has a strong rushing attack as well, but they don't have a guy like Jerome Felton, and he made the difference.

My guess: Hofstra 35, JMU 31

Should Hofstra win, it will be because of their wide outs. Colston, Ellis, and Sullivan is the best starting WR corps in I-AA... I was definitely sold on that after seeing them play. No defense is going to stop them without a very strong pass rush, and Hofstra's line is superb at pass blocking of course. Clarkson is the real deal too.

This is a tossup, but I'm guessing HU in part because the Furman game which, despite the loss, has to be great prep for this week.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 03:38 PM
So if we resort to passing, that would give us the same fate you guys had. I guess it all depends on Hofstra's run defense, and their ability to score against our pass defense. Either way, I'm both anxious and excited about the game.

On a percentage basis, I don't think we passed any more than usual. We passed 34 times which is a lot for us. But we had ( I think) 105 offensive plays. Passing yards 176 Rushing yards 312.

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Running will chew up lots of time.
Dunno. Hofstra 62 - URI 43 last year and I don't think URI knew how to throw a forward pass last year.

th0m
September 26th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Dunno. Hofstra 62 - URI 43 last year and I don't think URI knew how to throw a forward pass last year.

Right, but I guess Hofstra didn't know how to tackle a tailback either :p

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Right, but I guess Hofstra didn't know how to tackle a tailback either :p

Still don't :p

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Still don't :p
Beat me to it. Hofstra has never played D as far back as I can remember.

MadisonFootball
September 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Ok, this is how I see so I am lighting the firecracker right here.

The Dukes Offense is not confident in the Defense, they will unite and run and run and run, breaking it up with a pass to breakout Bransford, Hell, might even see Rodney Landers catch a pass or two Saturday. Banks wants a big running day and will chew up the Hofstra Line, I mean come on they broke his leg last year, he wants redemption. Rascati is going to lead JMU's Offense to 35 points.

Now for the important part the Dukes Defense, young, and with a lot of talent they are maturing. Two weeks in the trenches will show them much better especially against the pass, and on the blitz. The Defense will come out to win the game and will hold Hofstra to 17 points.

Final Outcome 35-17 in Favor of Dukes.

Anovafan
September 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Although I voted UNH No. 1 out of sheer position, I have serious doubts about that vote. I don't think UNH has the defense to be a true No. 1. Nova gave them a run for their money last year, scored 40, and still came up short. This should be a very good game. I don't think Nova has ever played against a No. 1, but we have certainly played AS the No. 1 team in the country, :)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Villanova at #1 New Hamsphire: I'll take the Wildcats... the Green Mountain State variety. UNH should be able to avoid the #1 jinx for at least a week.

89, you're too young to be having senior moments, that's my department!! You haven't forgotten your AE days so soon have you? Vermont (UVM) from the Latin words for the Green Mountains. NH is the Granite State with the White Mountains.

#5 James Madison at #23 Hofstra: Shootout in Long Island with the Dukes winning, game sets an A10 regulation point total record.

To be broken when UNH visits Hempstead on Nov. 5th? How high can over/under figures go?

rcny46
September 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Although I voted UNH No. 1 out of sheer position, I have serious doubts about that vote. I don't think UNH has the defense to be a true No. 1. Nova gave them a run for their money last year, scored 40, and still came up short. This should be a very good game. I don't think Nova has ever played against a No. 1, but we have certainly played AS the No. 1 team in the country, :)

Finally! Someone agrees with me re:the UNH D.I'm looking forward to seeing the game,and think it could go either way.

TigerFan17
September 26th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Can't wait for the UD game this weekend, should be good fun and a good game to watch because the way things have been going a final score of 68-62 isn't out of the question.

Predictions?

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 12:15 PM
89, you're too young to be having senior moments, that's my department!! You haven't forgotten your AE days so soon have you? Vermont (UVM) from the Latin words for the Green Mountains. NH is the Granite State with the White Mountains.
:bang: Crap, of course I know that. My favorite Eastern skiing is in the White Mountains of the Granite State. Had many fun times at Cannon, Waterville, Loon... BTW, the worst part is I should know this not because of my AE days, but because I have a degree in Geography. :o

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 12:17 PM
Can't wait for the UD game this weekend, should be good fun and a good game to watch because the way things have been going a final score of 68-62 isn't out of the question.

Predictions?
My prediction... pain.

Seriously, I'm looking forward to it too, my first trip to Towson. However I think if you add the two digits together for each team you may have the final score.. 14-8 sounds more reasonable IMO.

Granite
September 27th, 2005, 12:38 PM
:bang: Crap, of course I know that. My favorite Eastern skiing is in the White Mountains of the Granite State. Had many fun times at Cannon, Waterville, Loon... BTW, the worst part is I should know this not because of my AE days, but because I have a degree in Geography. :o

UNHAlum beat me to it....damn. Oh well 89Hen - at least you got the pick right! :)

Seriously, I agree with some of the concerns about UNH's defense - I was at the Dartmouth game, and our DB's were definitely tested most of the game. "Bend but don't break" is definitely the game plan on defense, which is fine when we're putting up points in bunches, but a bad day offensively or a tough, aggressive D that puts pressure on Ricky could spell trouble for UNH.

I'm looking forward to the 'Nova game mostly to see how we handle the pressure of being #1, and to see where we are vs. A10 competition.

TigerFan17
September 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Just picked up a flyer from campus. The gameball will be delivered via skydivers and there is a post-game fireworks show. Oh, and of course the standard homecoming tailgate insanity. Should be a great environment for some ugly college football. :D

Ivytalk
September 27th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Just picked up a flyer from campus. The gameball will be delivered via skydivers and there is a post-game fireworks show. Oh, and of course the standard homecoming tailgate insanity. Should be a great environment for some ugly college football. :D

Tubby Raymond said on the radio last night that Towson would not give UD a game on Saturday.

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Tubby Raymond said on the radio last night that Towson would not give UD a game on Saturday.
He's getting grumpier and crazier by the day. In the old days he'd have told everyone how the Hens didn't stand a chance this weekend.

TigerFan17
September 27th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Can I get some quotes from him?

And...I'm pretty sure all UD fans agree that the Hens have hardly proved themselves this year.

Oh and last year, you know when they made another playoff run, they beat us by less than a TD.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2005, 03:42 PM
TWENTY SOMETHIN' FRESHMAN..............AN' WE BEAT LEHIGH...AH'D SAY WE PROVED!

IFIN' YA WIN BY ONE...OR UH HUNDRED....IT'S STILL UH WIN!......'03 NATIONAL CHAMPS.....BUT AH BET NEW HAMPSHIRE...NAVY....MAINE....NOR'EASTER.....&...UMASS...WOULD NOT CONCUR!..........:rotateh:..........DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

TigerFan17
September 27th, 2005, 06:17 PM
TWENTY SOMETHIN' FRESHMAN..............AN' WE BEAT LEHIGH...AH'D SAY WE PROVED!

IFIN' YA WIN BY ONE...OR UH HUNDRED....IT'S STILL UH WIN!......'03 NATIONAL CHAMPS.....BUT AH BET NEW HAMPSHIRE...NAVY....MAINE....NOR'EASTER.....&...UMASS...WOULD NOT CONCUR!..........:rotateh:..........DOODLE-DOO-DOO!

I meant UD has not proven they can handily defeat anyone and have a good confidence buffer to ride on for the season.

I am not saying that UD isn't good...or that they weren't the '03 national champs...just that I don't get why he would be so arrogant coming off a 42-21 win over D-II West Chester and 35-23 win over Holy Cross.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2005, 08:38 PM
TIGER-TAIL............IN '03...WE LOST TA NOR'EASTER OUTRIGHT......EEEKED BY....NEW HAMPSHIRE....NAVY....MAINE.....UMA$$..(3 0T'S)...AN' COME TA THINK 'BOUT IT....'NOVA..........WENT ON TA BRING HOME DUH GRAMMY........IT'S ALL ABOUT WINNIN' MAH FELINE FRIEND......NUFFIN' SAYS IT HAS TA BE UH WORK O' ART!....SPEAKIN' 'BOUT WINNIN' HANDILY..........CHECK OUT DAT PLAY-OFF RUN!...NOBODY WINS PRETTY MOST O' DUH TIME!.....MONTANA WINS 7-0...NOW HOW PRETTY IS DAT?....BUT IT'S UH WIN ME LADDIE...UH WIN!.....:nod:.....BRAWK!

HEY.....TUBBY IS UH OL' FELLA IN DUH TWILIGHT YEARS...NOT TWILIGHT ZONE!.....HE'S WELCOME TA HIS OPINION AS WE ALL ARE.....HE DOESN'T HALFTA BE POLITICALLY CORRECT ANYMO'!...........HE CAN JES' SPEAK HIS MIND!...WHIFF 300 W's UNDER HIS DELAWARE CAP...AH THINK AH WOULD LISTEN...TA DUH MASTER!..................:rotateh:................ ...AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM
WOULD DUH TIGERS....SETTLE FO' UH 7-6 WIN OVERAH DELAWARE?........WOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED PRETTY........BUT....YA'LL WOULD PROBABLY DESTROY BALTIMORE....WHIFF ALL DAT PARTYIN'....THINK YA WOULD ACCEPT DUH "W"....HUH?......:D.....BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

blur2005
September 28th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Well, last year it was JMU 31, Hofstra 21. I think it may be more of the same this year, though who knows, it could be a shootout. I am certain Mickey will want to run all day though with AB and Fenner. Hines, too.

Husky Alum
September 28th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Northeastern won't lose this week...

but the defense will still give up 35 points (riiiiiiiimshot, please).

Benedict Brown is licking his chops at facing that potent Husky defense.

umassfan
September 28th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Northeastern won't lose this week...

but the defense will still give up 35 points (riiiiiiiimshot, please).

Benedict Brown is licking his chops at facing that potent Husky defense.

He prob is and NUs offense will not be lookin foward to facing Don Browns number 1 rated D in all of I-AA. :D

JMUfan2008
September 28th, 2005, 01:06 PM
JMU over Hofstra by 10. I like the 31-21 prediction. It will be a mid-range scoring game because JMU will be running A LOT. It's our first chance to prove we're good this year after that fluke at CCU. If our young D can get it together I think we'll do alright.

TigerFan17
September 28th, 2005, 05:30 PM
WOULD DUH TIGERS....SETTLE FO' UH 7-6 WIN OVERAH DELAWARE?........WOULDN'T BE CONSIDERED PRETTY........BUT....YA'LL WOULD PROBABLY DESTROY BALTIMORE....WHIFF ALL DAT PARTYIN'....THINK YA WOULD ACCEPT DUH "W"....HUH?......:D.....BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

When did I ever say an ugly win doesn't count as a win?

I'd be happy with a 4-2 win. I was saying how UD has allowed a lot of points to teams that aren't all that good.

You have clearly missed my point...unless I have deciphered your chicken speak wrong.

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2005, 06:31 AM
GAVE UP 33 TA NATIONALLY RANKED LEHIGH...AGIN' UH VERAH EXPERIENCED OFFENSE...BUT SCORED 34!

GAVE UP 21 TA WEST CHESTER...UH PRETTY GOOD D-II......LAST 14 PTS......WELL AFTERAH GAME WAS DECIDED!

HOLY CROSS....UH VERAH MUCH IMPROVED PATRIOT SQUAD....GOT 23 ON DUH HENS....AS WE TURNED DUH BALL OVERAH ON 'BOUT OUR TWENTY....FOR DERE FIRST SCORE!........DEY GOT 23 ON UH DEFENSE.....DAT IS PLAYIN' FRESHMEN OUT DUH EGG-HOLE!.........DUH CRUSADERS HAD DERE ENTIRE STARTIN' OFFENSE FROM LAST SEASON...IN TACT!...AT ONE POINT AGIN' HOLY COW.....9 FRESHMEN ON D!

BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!........CAN'T MAKE IT ANY PLAINER...FO' YA..TIGER-TAIL! xcoffeex

TigerFan17
September 29th, 2005, 04:03 PM
All I'm saying is that you guys are allowing a lot of points. Thats it. Nothing more. I'm not saying why you are doing it. Thats it.

I'm not going to debate this anymore.

89Hen
September 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
All I'm saying is that you guys are allowing a lot of points.
You mean were. :p

umassfan
September 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM
You mean were. :p

Delaware will be giving up alot of points all season. Your pass D is weak and the rest of your defense is average at best.

umassfan
September 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM
HOLY CROSS....UH VERAH MUCH IMPROVED PATRIOT SQUAD....GOT 23 ON DUH HENS....AS WE TURNED DUH BALL OVERAH ON 'BOUT OUR TWENTY....FOR DERE FIRST SCORE!........DEY GOT 23 ON UH DEFENSE.....DAT IS PLAYIN' FRESHMEN OUT DUH EGG-HOLE!.........DUH CRUSADERS HAD DERE ENTIRE STARTIN' OFFENSE FROM LAST SEASON...IN TACT!...AT ONE POINT AGIN' HOLY COW.....9 FRESHMEN ON D!

So because Holy Cross returned everyone on offense and Delawares D is young... you are using that in an arguement to prove your D aint that bad?

Sam Adams
September 29th, 2005, 05:45 PM
So because Holy Cross returned everyone on offense and Delawares D is young... you are using that in an arguement to prove your D aint that bad?

Nothing can Prove that the UD defense ain't that bad, because they are exactly how they have played: young & not that impressive. By the end of the year they could be good, or they could continue to be what they have been and if that happens then they can count on getting knocked, blocked and rolled once they start playing some A10 teams.

ChickenMan
September 29th, 2005, 06:14 PM

and no... UMass still isn't as BIG as Delaware... :D :p :D

--EDITED FOR SMACK--

umassfan
September 29th, 2005, 06:18 PM
and no... UMass still isn't as BIG as Delaware... :D :p :D
The topic is UDs Defense.... excuse me for putting in my two cents... maybe you are alittle touchie?

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2005, 10:04 PM
DAT UH BOY PILGRIM.....YA GOT DUH POINT!.......:rolleyes:......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2005, 10:10 PM
All I'm saying is that you guys are allowing a lot of points. Thats it. Nothing more. I'm not saying why you are doing it. Thats it.

I'm not going to debate this anymore.

TIGER-TAIL.........YA'LL HAVE GIVEN UP 118 POINTS AGIN' TWO A-10'ers....AN' YA'LL ARE WORRYIN' 'BOUT...DUH DELAWARE D??????

IFIN' YA WANNA QUESTION OUR DEFENSE......DEN...YA OUGHTA....LISTEN TA DUH EXPLANATION!......YA'LL BROUGHT IT UP..AN' DUH AVIAN IS..TRYIN' TA EDUCATE YA!...............AH GOT UH TIGER BY DUH TAIL..IT'S PLAIN TA SEE!.....DOODLE-DOO-DOO........CAT POOP! xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
September 29th, 2005, 10:15 PM

BINGO .........:nod:.........BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

--EDITED FOR SMACK--

Uncle Buck
September 30th, 2005, 06:21 AM
To get to an older post, Hofstra did used to play defense in the late 90's and were typically ranked at the top. One season we were 5th in total d with a 5-6 record. We were losing games 9-6.

This weekend we play big at home. it will be a battle, but we definitely will score more than 17

umassfan
September 30th, 2005, 07:15 AM
SCATTERED AMONGST...DUH KNOWLEDGEABLE........RESIDE.....DUH TOWSON & MASS FANS!..............xidiotx.................AWK-UH-DOODLE-DOO!

Those are big words coming from someone who types like you do :rolleyes: