PDA

View Full Version : Bryant 2008 football schedule

dgreco
February 26th, 2008, 10:07 AM
http://bryantbulldogs.com/sports/fball/2008/News/2008Feb26ScheduleRelease
Here is the press release. A little disappointed with some of the games, but it is still a good first season schedule.

---------------
Aug. 30 at Central Connecticut, 5 pm
Sept. 6 SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT, 1 pm
Sept. 13 MERRIMACK (Homecoming), 1 pm
Sept. 20 MONMOUTH, 1 pm
Sept. 27 at Wagner, 1 pm
Oct. 11 at Marist, tba
Oct. 18 ROBERT MORRIS, 1 pm
Oct. 25 at UMass Amherst, tba
Nov. 1 DUQUESNE, 12 pm
Nov. 15 at Iona, 1 pm
Nov. 22 at Saint Francis (PA), 1 pm

I think they have a shot at decent season and I guess the 2 D2 games are more because they couldn't get home games rather than wanting some easy games (which may and probably won't be all that easy)

danefan
February 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
That is a great schedule for the first DI transition year!

Good luck to Bryant, you guys should do great in the NEC!

Dane96
February 26th, 2008, 10:51 AM
That schedule is better than a bunch of other schools!

Great first crack!

UNHWildCats
February 26th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I agree this is a great schedule for the first year... Great to see most of the NEC schools scheduled too.

aceinthehole
February 26th, 2008, 10:59 AM
You have a CAA team, 6 NEC teams, 2 I-A Indys, and 2 D-II teams. A very good schedule in your first year.

Opening up at Central Connecticut and then facing D-II playoff participant Southern Connecticut won't be easy. :)

In fact, none of your games look easy, but you're jumping in with both feet! You may have a disapointing record, but those are some good games for Bryant.

Really nice to see you going to Amherst to take on a fully scholl squad.

Cobblestone
February 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I agree with all the previous posters; good schedule for your first I-AA (oops FCS season). I wish you guys well and I hope we're on your schedule next season. Hopefully that game will be in Kingston like the last one was. Don't get me wrong I love the facilities you guys have but I work with a Bryant grad whom I very much dislike. With my luck being what it is and R.I. being as small as it is, I could easily see myself running into her at the game.

Anyway, back to football... best wishes to you guys and welcome to the FCS family.

RabidRabbit
February 26th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I know two ex-NCC schools that would like such a complete schedule! xlolx xlolx xlolx

Congrats Bryant, that's a good schedule relative to who you will be playing year in/year out. xthumbsupx

5 home games, including 3 D-I's. xthumbsupx

dgreco
February 26th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I am happy with the schedule, but if we schedule 2 DII games I rather see the rivalry with Bentley instead of a game with Merrimack.

Seahawks Fan
February 26th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Nice schedule. You have Monmouth, Robert Morris and Duquesne at home. All tough games. Should be an interesting year for you. xthumbsupx

mcveyrl
February 26th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I always get so confused on rules...

Do they count as a D-I win for UMass??

EDIT: Assuming UMass wins...

dgreco
February 26th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I agree with all the previous posters; good schedule for your first I-AA (oops FCS season). I wish you guys well and I hope we're on your schedule next season. Hopefully that game will be in Kingston like the last one was. Don't get me wrong I love the facilities you guys have but I work with a Bryant grad whom I very much dislike. With my luck being what it is and R.I. being as small as it is, I could easily see myself running into her at the game.

Anyway, back to football... best wishes to you guys and welcome to the FCS family.
I hope next year our two DII games get replaced with URI and Albany/SHU.

I wouldn't mind coming to you guys next year as long as we get a home game the following year.

Seawolf97
February 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Great schedule for your first year and good to see alot of NEC teams on it. You will do ok in the NEC -just be a liitle patientxpeacex

dbackjon
February 27th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Great first year schedule!

dbackjon
February 27th, 2008, 12:00 AM
Great first year schedule!

Fresno St. Alum
February 27th, 2008, 12:10 AM
now that Bryant is D-I can they get a B logo or a Bulldog for their helmet so they don't look exactly like Wofford

dgreco
February 27th, 2008, 07:16 AM
now that Bryant is D-I can they get a B logo or a Bulldog for their helmet so they don't look exactly like Wofford

Tell me about it, I had MG make the two concepts and I sent them over to the Athletic Department with no response.

bobcat7
February 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Very nice.
I notice, though that Fordham's schedule showed Duquesne on November 1 as a done deal, per some authorities. Anyone correcting me on this?xnonox

danefan
February 27th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Very nice.
I notice, though that Fordham's schedule showed Duquesne on November 1 as a done deal, per some authorities. Anyone correcting me on this?xnonox

I haven't seen any official release on Fordham's schedule yet. Travis' schedule has the date confirmed, but I think it was based on a Fordham forum post.

dgreco
February 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I would assume Bryant's is right since they had a press release and TV release with Coach Marty Fine about the schedule.

danefan
February 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I would assume Bryant's is right since they had a press release and TV release with Coach Marty Fine about the schedule.

As would I. Also, Travis' schedule only has the game on Fordham's schedule and not Duquense's.

seahawkfan2007
February 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Impressive schedule and great job by Bryant's AD and Head Coach in scheduling U.Mass and 6 NEC teams. No reason to stick your toes in first if your jumping in anyway! Good luck.

Cobblestone
February 27th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I hope next year our two DII games get replaced with URI and Albany/SHU.

I wouldn't mind coming to you guys next year as long as we get a home game the following year.

What we really need to push for is to get all three R.I. teams (URI, Bryant and Brown) to play each other every season. The Govenor's Cup can then be awarded to the team that wins the series instead of just the winner of one game. This would promote FCS football in R.I. and with all three teams now in the FCS I see no reason why this cannot be done.

Seawolf97
February 27th, 2008, 08:23 PM
What we really need to push for is to get all three R.I. teams (URI, Bryant and Brown) to play each other every season. The Govenor's Cup can then be awarded to the team that wins the series instead of just the winner of one game. This would promote FCS football in R.I. and with all three teams now in the FCS I see no reason why this cannot be done.

Good point! Hopefully the 6 local FCS schools in the New York Metro area will catch on also. As it stands now we play Hofstra on a regular basis and I hope it continues but we cant overlook- Wagner, Fordham, Coumbia and Iona. Easy road games light on the budget that the fans can travel to even on public transportation.

dgreco
February 28th, 2008, 07:02 AM

I completely agree, I also think maybe if they did some kind of other Cup, like the RI Cup or Ocean Cup (im not creative with the name) between PC/Brown/URI/Bryant for all sports.

dgreco
February 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Bryant's spring game will be April 12th and Season ticket sales will be happening. Also, a BBQ for anyone local who might show up.