18. Western Carolina Catamounts 2-1
19. William & Mary Tribe 2-2
20. South Carolina State Bulldogs 3-0
21. Massachusetts Minutemen 3-1
22. Wofford Terriers 2-1
23. Hofstra Pride 2-1
24. Idaho State Bengals 3-1
25. Northwestern State Demons 1-2

Others receiving votes: Portland State 276, Coastal Carolina 234, Georgia Southern 195, McNeese State 190, Illinois State 172, UC Davis 138, Rhode Island 118, Grambling State 74, Youngstown State 72, Stephen F. Austin 70, Jacksonville State 45, Sam Houston State 44, Villanova 37, Alabama State 33, Penn 28, Lafayette 27, Nicholls State 22, Princeton 15, Brown 14, Bethune-Cookman 13, South Dakota State 12.

Sports Network (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/tsn-div-1aa-poll.htm)

CatFan22
September 26th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Good to see the Cats at 12. I think that Texas State should be way higher though.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Forget the Harvard number 1 vote, Who voted Furman #1 :D

I think I will go to the UFFP and see if anybody confesses.

Killtoppers90
September 26th, 2005, 12:27 PM
How is it that Eastern Washington is 1-2 and in the Top 25? Who did they lose to? I have not been keeping up with their schedule.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Lehigh didn't deserve to move 2 spots despite the win. They should have held steady until this weeks game against Harvard. MSU does not deserve to be ranked behind them at this time, niether does App St. IMHO. Next week is the defining game for Lehigh.

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
How is it that Eastern Washington is 1-2 and in the Top 25? Who did they lose to? I have not been keeping up with their schedule.

Idaho State who is now 25 and a I-A (San Jose?)

CatFan22
September 26th, 2005, 12:29 PM

They lost to 1-A San Jose State and Idaho State.

OrneryAggie
September 26th, 2005, 12:40 PM

More importantly who's the one team they beat? DII Western Oregon U who's just 2-2. WOU lost to DIII Linfield 49-7 at home a week before they lost at EWU 48-7.

kats89
September 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Good to see the Cats at 12. I think that Texas State should be way higher though.

Not yet. I think they are right where they should be right now, but if they win their first two conference games, they should definitely be in the top 12.

How can Northwestern St still be in the top25?

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I think that Texas State should be way higher though.
I'm waiting on them. Biggest problem is that I have wait another month! I can see them going to 5-1 with upcoming games against SDSU, SELa and Panhandle State. They won't face a ranked I-AA until the 7th game of the season and will have played three non I-AA teams. Tough to get a feel for the Bobcats. Not saying it will go down this way, but they could be looking at another 2001 when they started out 4-1 and lost the next six games.

kats89
September 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
I'm waiting on them. Biggest problem is that I have wait another month! I can see them going to 5-1 with upcoming games against SDSU, SELa and Panhandle State. They won't face a ranked I-AA until the 7th game of the season and will have played three non I-AA teams. Tough to get a feel for the Bobcats. Not saying it will go down this way, but they could be looking at another 2001 when they started out 4-1 and lost the next six games.

That is why I say if they win their first two conference games they will get the higher ranking. SHSU last year didn't start making its move up the polls until we got into conference play. We didn't even crack the top 20 after rolling Montana at Bowers Stadium.

AZGrizFan
September 26th, 2005, 01:58 PM
More importantly who's the one team they beat? DII Western Oregon U who's just 2-2. WOU lost to DIII Linfield 49-7 at home a week before they lost at EWU 48-7.

I agree. They've sunk fast in my eyes, and one more loss and they're out of my poll. I want to know where Wofford came from???

bluehenbillk
September 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Southern Illinois (16) :confused: pass the pipe

Tribe4SF
September 26th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Interesting......Tribe wins 56-0 and drops 3 spots. :confused:

OL FU
September 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Running up the score = bad manners. Penalty for unsportmanlike conduct.

Black and Gold Express
September 26th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Lehigh didn't deserve to move 2 spots despite the win. They should have held steady until this weeks game against Harvard. MSU does not deserve to be ranked behind them at this time, niether does App St. IMHO. Next week is the defining game for Lehigh.

I'm speechless at this vacuum of logic. Please, explain why a 3-1 team does not deserve to be ranked right now.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Running up the score = bad manners. Penalty for unsportmanlike conduct.

LOL, it happened to Delaware in 2000 when they hung 80 on West Chester. W&M sidenote, anyone notice UCF broke their 17 game losing streak against Marshall this weekend. What has happend to the 'Herd?

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I'm speechless at this vacuum of logic. Please, explain why a 3-1 team does not deserve to be ranked right now.

He said they do not deserve to be ranked behind Lehigh I think.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 26th, 2005, 02:26 PM

Ahhh, i think you read it wrong. Montana State and App do not deserve to be ranked BEHIND Lehigh. In other terms, Lehigh should not be ranked ahead of them.

My rankings:
8. App State-very impressive so far
9. Furman
10. Northern Iowa
11. JMU
12. Montana State
13. Lehigh-break Harvards streak in Cambridge then they can leap back up

th0m
September 26th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I just think its funny that if JMU hadn't won the NC last year, we would definitely not be ranked at this point. Yet, with wins over LHU and DSU, we're at #6. I guess this is normal for the defending NC, I can't recall how it went with Delaware last year.

AZGrizFan
September 26th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I just think its funny that if JMU hadn't won the NC last year, we would definitely not be ranked at this point. Yet, with wins over LHU and DSU, we're at #6. I guess this is normal for the defending NC, I can't recall how it went with Delaware last year.

Given their performance so far, much the same could be said for the Griz (although obviously we didn't WIN the NC game). History definitely plays a part in voter logic.

EagleCrusade
September 26th, 2005, 03:55 PM
So you beat someone 48-10 and drop a spot.....yet 1-2 eastern washington remains in the top 25 along with Western Carolina who moves up after being idle.
Mix that along with one of your losses with a top 20 team and you still lose a spot?

I know this is I-AA and polls arent everything, but this poll sucks this week. I mean when you're ranked preseason #5 and lose 2 games which takes you completely out of the polls....thats not right. I dont care if you're way overrated.

89Hen
September 26th, 2005, 04:01 PM
True, but recent history has to enter in to the equation at this time of year. Later in the year we can forget what you've done in the past and use only current games.

ngineer
September 26th, 2005, 04:16 PM

I agree. The 'pole' must be greased. :D

kardplayer
September 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM
So you beat someone 48-10 and drop a spot.....yet 1-2 eastern washington remains in the top 25 along with Western Carolina who moves up after being idle.
Mix that along with one of your losses with a top 20 team and you still lose a spot?

I know this is I-AA and polls arent everything, but this poll sucks this week. I mean when you're ranked preseason #5 and lose 2 games which takes you completely out of the polls....thats not right. I dont care if you're way overrated.

Doesn't that actually indicate that the pollsters are thorough? One of the biggest complaints in I-A is that so much of the final poll is based on where you start. In our case, it would appear that voters look at 1-2 and think they should dramatically reevaluate.

JMU (2-1) is the interesting one to me. Following the same logic as EWU dropping out, if pollsters were ignoring the preseason poll, they should definitely be below Coastal Carolina (3-1). They've both beaten Delaware State - clearly that's a push. CCU beat Elon while JMU beat Lock Haven - that's at worst a push, but likely edge to CCU. CCU did get crushed by App. State, but that shouldn't overcome the fact that they beat JMU straight up...

rokamortis
September 26th, 2005, 04:39 PM
CCU did get crushed by App. State

oomph - don't remind me :bang: :D

JMU is the better team between the two of us, but we did catch them at the right time. App State 'beat us like we stole something' but I think our team is better than what they demonstrated that Saturday. I guess we'll find out in the next few weeks how good everyone really is. Our offense showed some great (lucky?) stuff against JMU, but has been pretty inconsistent in the other games. If we play like I know we can then we should do just fine.

JMU Duke Dog
September 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
They've both beaten Delaware State - clearly that's a push.

JMU dominated Delaware State more than CCU did against DSU this past weekend.

TheValleyRaider
September 26th, 2005, 06:34 PM
JMU dominated Delaware State more than CCU did against DSU this past weekend.

That's the point. If the pollsters were going on record only, then both teams winning would be cause for them to say there's no difference between the two, except that CCU won head-to-head. It's partially because there was a difference in the way JMU won vs. the way CCU did that the Dukes are still ranked higher, just like JMU is still as high as they are partially because they have many returning members of their Championship team back.

blackfordpu
September 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Hampton (2) :eek:

They are undefeated and won each game by an average difference of 17.5.

Tribe4SF
September 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I've seen three games with them, have you seen any? They are shaky... but winning. Not No. 1 in the nation though.

I watched a good bit of Hampton-NC A&T, and I agree, the Pirates are shaky. Certainly not #1. They may run the table in the MEAC, but I think their offense will have trouble keeping up in the playoffs.

DotCat
September 26th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Sports Network Poll:

18. Western Carolina Catamounts 2-1

My Catamounts game was cancelled and still moved up in all polls, beautiful. Got to take care of The Citadel this weekend.

skinny_uncle
September 26th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Southern Illinois (16) :confused: pass the pipe
Why not? Their only loss was to a D-1A and they had a shot in that game until their 2-minute drill got stopped by an interception. I've got no pipe, but have a cold one and let's wait a couple of weeks before passing too much judgment.
:beerchug:

EagleCrusade
September 27th, 2005, 07:49 AM
My Catamounts game was cancelled and still moved up in all polls, beautiful. Got to take care of The Citadel this weekend.

Exactly! My Eagles dismantled the Mocs and dropped. Yet wins over an A-10 team and a SoCon team do not gather the same respect as a win over a D-II team (EWU). Complete and total West Coast bias! Time to fight The Man!

Tribe4SF
September 27th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I'm really beginning to think that Mathis was the key last year (duh!):
vs. W&M in the playoffs
80 yd pass TD
93 yd KO TD

Take away Mathis and Hamp has 88 yds rushing and 54 yds receiving (they had 370 total with him). W&M had 592 yds offense.

Who is the Mathis this year??? I'm not sure Hamp fans know either.

You left out Mathis' 42 yd. TD reception. He also had a long reception that set up their first TD.

Tribe rushing attack last year was not our strong suit, but we managed 298 yds. against Hampton, averaging 7.3 per carry.

The Pirates have some good athletes this year, but there's no Jerome Mathis on the roster.

Black and Gold Express
September 27th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Oops... my apologies... :(

Ahhh, i think you read it wrong. Montana State and App do not deserve to be ranked BEHIND Lehigh. In other terms, Lehigh should not be ranked ahead of them.

My rankings:
8. App State-very impressive so far
9. Furman
10. Northern Iowa
11. JMU
12. Montana State
13. Lehigh-break Harvards streak in Cambridge then they can leap back up

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Why not? Their only loss was to a D-1A and they had a shot in that game until their 2-minute drill got stopped by an interception. I've got no pipe, but have a cold one and let's wait a couple of weeks before passing too much judgment.
:beerchug:
I agree that its a little silly to be that harsh thinking somebody couldn't vote them number one, but I too think SIU has a ways to go before they get a number one vote from me.

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 06:15 PM
I've seen three games with them, have you seen any? They are shaky... but winning. Not No. 1 in the nation though.

using last year's GPI numbers:

They've beaten #93 Jackson State, #80 Howard, #98 North Carolina A&T (total 73-33); and #93 Morgan State by 30.

No. 1???? Two No. 1 votes? They may go undefeated with their schedule and still not get a top ten vote from discerning voters.

Calm down there ralph, I am entitled to my opinion. I have not seen the games (I don't think they will be televised in Houston) but I have seen the results and stats. Shaky or not they are winning and by two touchdowns and a field goal a game (avg). May not be number one but they deserve to be in the running and should not have a team with a loss ahead of them.

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Not uncalm here BFP. Just questioning how someone would give them a No. 1 vote, much less two persons. The games I have seen are on satellite available in Houston and nationwide mostly. They have beaten no one of significance yet you say no one with a loss (not qualified) should be ranked ahead of them? If you go on won/loss records alone you will be disappointed in the end. You can fool some of the people some of the time...

Don't have satellite. :p :)

Also, they were not #1 in my poll (which unfortunatly I didn't submit in time) but I was just saying I can see why someone would put them there.

MR. CHICKEN
September 27th, 2005, 08:49 PM
DON'T FO' GET OURAH FRIENDS DOWN DERE IN VIRGINNY....HAMPTON 4-0...AH KNOW IT'S ONLY DUH MEAC....BUT 4-0...........xlolx.........BRAWK!

blackfordpu
September 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
You can still say that???? Why? Because they are undefeated? So is Dayton, South Carolina State, Columbia, Delaware, New Hampshire, Harvard and Princeton.

So that is your top eight? Really? Prairie View only has one loss...

Nope, that is not my top eight.

89Hen
September 28th, 2005, 08:21 AM
The last time I checked, Montana, GaSU, Delaware, and some of the other powers REFUSE to even play us, let alone schedule a home-and-home with us.
:confused: Got anything that would support that claim? :cool:

blackfordpu
September 28th, 2005, 10:08 AM
How can you rank a team in front of them? They don't have a loss!

No offense, just trying to understand.

First, I was just saying that I could see WHY someone would vote them #1.
Second, I personally do account for schedules in MY poll. What someone else does is up to them.

eaglesrthe1
September 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
We can only play who is put in front of us. The last time I checked, Montana, GaSU, Delaware, and some of the other powers REFUSE to even play us, let alone schedule a home-and-home with us.

Things that make you go :confused:

GannonFan
September 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
We can only play who is put in front of us. The last time I checked, Montana, GaSU, Delaware, and some of the other powers REFUSE to even play us, let alone schedule a home-and-home with us.

Yeah, each year at UD we hold a "Say no to Hampton" rally just to make it clear we don't want to play Hampton. :D

Baltimore Hen
September 28th, 2005, 10:52 AM
We can only play who is put in front of us. The last time I checked, Montana, GaSU, Delaware, and some of the other powers REFUSE to even play us, let alone schedule a home-and-home with us. Shaky? Mathis the whole team? Let's see- we have TWO running backs with over 1,300 yards last year STILL on the team. Our defense is MUCH improved from last year, and we have the BEST special teams in the nation. Shaky? Against JSU- yes. Against Howard- yes. Against A&T- no. Against Morgan- hell no. Watch the rest of the season, Ralph- and pay particular attention to the playoffs this year.

If you are a half decent D-II team you should look good agasinst Morgan and A&T. You were exposed last year in the playoffs, and I can only assume you will be exposed this year as well, given the fact that the MEAC is CUPCAKE central.

eaglesrthe1
September 28th, 2005, 11:17 AM
If you are a half decent D-II team you should look good agasinst Morgan and A&T. You were exposed last year in the playoffs, and I can only assume you will be exposed this year as well, given the fact that the MEAC is CUPCAKE central.

I think that the 7 pt loss to W&M in last years playoffs did less to "expose" Hampton, than it did to validate that they had a competetive team.

Tribe4SF
September 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I think that the 7 pt loss to W&M in last years playoffs did less to "expose" Hampton, than it did to validate that they had a competetive team.

That was Lang Campbell's only "off" game last year (3 of his 5 INTs were thrown in that game). If you were there, you would know that lacking Mathis, the game would not have been close. Ardell Daniels and Alonzo Coleman combined for 85 yards rushing on 25 carries. The Tribe rushed for 298 and had 592 of total offense.

Tailbone
September 28th, 2005, 12:16 PM
....... The last time I checked, Montana, GaSU, Delaware, and some of the other powers REFUSE to even play us, let alone schedule a home-and-home with us. .......

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You are kidding...right?

Why would Montana who played Oregon (a top 30 1A), Delaware (who has scheduled the likes of Navy & GSU) or GSU (who has regularly scheduled Georgia - a perennial 1A top 10 team) be intimidated by Hampton, who schedules the likes of Savannah st, and as recently as last year lost to Del. st.? If these schools refused to play, I'd look for another reason. Money perhaps?

In any event, I believe you are (as you call yourself)....shellshocked!

Snap out of it. :bang: Get a grip man!