Nov. 8 Open
Nov. 15 ALABAMA STATE*
Nov. 22 Open
Nov. 29 Grambling* (Bayou Classic)

* Southwestern Athletic Conference games
Home games in CAPS

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Great job, Southern! Two attractive match-ups against the MEAC. A not so far, regional FBS in Houston.

Think Southern can fill that Sept. 20 date? Seems you guys would be able to get someone for a 12th game (money maker)...

813Jag
February 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Great job, Southern! Two attractive match-ups against the MEAC. A not so far, regional FBS in Houston.

Think Southern can fill that Sept. 20 date? Seems you guys would be able to get someone for a 12th game (money maker)...
I think they're going to stick with 11. Not a lot of prospects for that date.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 24th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Visiting the Cajuns in ’09

Southern will start the 2009 season playing the University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Cajun Field in Lafayette.

The teams will play Sept. 5, 2009, with Southern getting a guarantee of $110,000 as well as 6,000 tickets to sell.

SU Athletic Director Greg LaFleur said, by being allowed to keep the proceeds from the tickets, that Southern could stand to make around $200,000 from the game.

With Louisiana-Lafayette and the seven-game Southwestern Athletic Conference schedule in the fold, Southern has three more games to add in its 11-game 2009 schedule.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/15916212.html

slostang
February 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I think that Cal Poly may be trying to find a game for Nov. 8th. Cal Poly already has six home games under contract for '08 and are looking for a 12th game so I think they would be willing to travel in '08 for a return game in '09. Southern would be a great addition to Cal Poly's schedule. What do you think Jag fans?

813Jag
February 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I think that Cal Poly may be trying to find a game for Nov. 8th. Cal Poly already has six home games under contract for '08 and are looking for a 12th game so I think they would be willing to travel in '08 for a return game in '09. Southern would be a great addition to Cal Poly's schedule. What do you think Jag fans?
I'm open to anything, but I'm not the schedule maker. I don't really think they're looking for a 12th game.

Tribe4SF
February 24th, 2008, 03:40 PM

I only see one MEAC on the schedule. Who's the other?

GAD
February 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM

FAMU is the only MEAC team on our slate Houston C-USA, Tenn St. is OVC

I would much rather keep the Sept open date, it gives the player a chance to get there legs back

BgJag
February 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I only see one MEAC on the schedule. Who's the other?

Consider the source.xcoffeex

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2008, 04:10 PM
Consider the source.xcoffeex

Simple slip-up...ooops! xoopsx

Do like the ULL-Southern match-up in 2009. That's a winnable game for Southern. It proved to be winnable for the Pokes of McNeese...

BgJag
February 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Do like the ULL-Southern match-up in 2009. That's a winnable game for Southern. It proved to be winnable for the Pokes of McNeese...

Why don't we and the misses get together for a night out sometimes in New Orleans? xpeacex

TexasTerror
February 24th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Why don't we and the misses get together for a night out sometimes in New Orleans? xpeacex

You a New Orleans resident?

Good luck getting the misses and I in town during the same time! The last few weeks, I've been out of town and I'm finally free on a weekend and where is she? Nashville for work!

BgJag
February 24th, 2008, 05:32 PM
You a New Orleans resident?

Good luck getting the misses and I in town during the same time! The last few weeks, I've been out of town and I'm finally free on a weekend and where is she? Nashville for work!

YES, Lived in Nawlins from 1989 - 2005. Spend about 2 weekends a month in the city since, sometime more.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM

You always slip up when it comes to the SWAC. xsmhx

3rd Coast Tiger
February 24th, 2008, 06:51 PM
You always slip up when it comes to the SWAC. xsmhx

xlolx

Nice schedule Jaguars.