PDA

View Full Version : Your OVC Co-Leading UTM Skyhawks

arkstfan
September 25th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Scored 21 unanswered in the second half to beat Gardner-Webb 31-28.

UTM now 3-1 on the year the most wins for Tennessee-Martin since 1995.

Yeah they aren't going to win the OVC but darn it's nice to see positive news out of a Martin program that has been all but dead while trying to play on less than a shoe-string in the OVC.

colonelblitz
September 25th, 2005, 06:13 AM
I didn't pick them to finish last, and I didn't pick JSU to finish First. So far , so good. :)

JSU02
September 25th, 2005, 08:50 AM
I sure am happy for Martin! They might yet win a a few OVC games this year. :eek: :D

ISUMatt
September 25th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Murray St showed me absolutely nothing last night, maybe they can take them out!!!

Skyhawk
September 25th, 2005, 09:11 AM
I am utterly shocked and amazed. When I was in school at Martin, we won 4 games in four years. Non scholarship Austin Peay, NAIA Lambuth, Division II teams Kentucky Wesleyan and Wingate.

We even lost a few games to teams that were paid to come to Martin.

To see first hand what a joke the football program was for the past ten years and to see them play the way they are after the first four games is unbelievable.

I know that there are a lot of games left but I can't help but be proud of what is going on with Coach Griffin and his program.

ngineer
September 25th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Murray St showed me absolutely nothing last night, maybe they can take them out!!!

What's happened with that program? I remember back in the mid-late '70's they were a real power. In the playoffs. Seems like they've been treading water for awhile.. :confused:

Golden Eagle
September 25th, 2005, 09:37 AM
"And the least shall be first..."

Go Martin!

catamount man
September 25th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Kudos to the UT-Martin Skyhawks! Good luck the rest of the way. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

JaxSinfonian
September 25th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I wish Martin the best of luck every day until Oct. 15.

Grande Rosso
September 26th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Scored 21 unanswered in the second half to beat Gardner-Webb 31-28.

UTM now 3-1 on the year the most wins for Tennessee-Martin since 1995.

Yeah they aren't going to win the OVC but darn it's nice to see positive news out of a Martin program that has been all but dead while trying to play on less than a shoe-string in the OVC.

That has to be rewarding for the UTM fans who have stuck with the team.

The last time I saw UTM was when WKU played them in 2000, WKU 70-0 (or something like that). It's great to see them on the rebound.

colonelblitz
September 26th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I believe they are fully funded now. Having a good young coach helps also. Thanks UTM for helping me in my football picks. I've been picking you to win so far. :)

adrianb
September 28th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Pics from Saturday (http://www.adrianb.us/GW/utm/utmscrap/index.html)

Congrats on Saturday, I hated to loose that one, but I can't help but admire the coaching job, and the character of the Skyhawks. Best wishes for the rest of the season. So the loss won't look as bad for GDubb.