PDA

View Full Version : What stood out to you this week.....

Chi Panther
September 25th, 2005, 12:02 AM
In no particular order....

It was a good week to have the week off. Be thankful UNI, SIU, JMU and Montana...among others....

EWU and Furman and trying to work out some kinks......I thought PreSeason both were probably top 5...

YSU should have had a better showing....but get over it....were they really suppose to win?

WKU...keep keepin it real brothers.....

NDSU and MSU lived up to the hype. Congrats to both teams.

Texas State has some serious Talent/Speed on offense. If you havn't yet...pay attention.

UC Davis....has a Defense and probably the best (not pro-talent), but best
I-AA WR.

Illinois State is playing some ball.....

Did GSU right the ship?

Delaware barley won....but a win is a win in my book.

The IVY league still has a long way to go with Penn losing to Nova.....

Would love to hear others thoughts......

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST.....FOOTBALL IS GREAT.... BUT TO ALL OF YOU DOWN IN THE GULF OF MEXICO....STAY SAFE....AND YOU ALL HAVE OUR THOUGHTS, LOVE AND PRAYERS.

WCU LawCat
September 25th, 2005, 12:15 AM
What stood out? That one is easy!

BCC 63
Norfolk St. 61

If your a Norfolk fan you have got to be wondering how many points it takes to beat a quality team. I have no idea how many they scored in all of 2004 but I bet 61 is a massive chunk of it. I actually feel badly for Norfolk St. That has to be a tough loss to swallow.

Grizo406
September 25th, 2005, 12:41 AM
What stood out for the Grizo:

#1. The QB from NDSU...This kid has heart, guts, and a will to win. Too bad he fell short today.

#2. ISU's win over EWU.

#3. My neighbor lady, wearing her robe, hanging out on her deck, while I'm trying to do some yard work.

youwouldno
September 25th, 2005, 12:56 AM
This is game-specific, but Hofstra's WRs are the real deal. I'd heard they were, but seeing it was nonetheless impressive. Their #3 wideout, Charles Sullivan, really looked good, and he's almost an afterthought behind Ellis and Colston.

Idaho State is looking good, which is a surprise for most I-AA fans I imagine... Illinois State has quietly done well, though the jury is out on them and many other teams of course.

I-AA remains very unpredictable this year. 2005 is turning out to be a very interesting season.

RadMann
September 25th, 2005, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't say Delaware "barely" won as they pulled away strongly in the 4th quarter and could easly have piled on another TD at the end. That being said, the game was closer than many expected.....

The surprising score to me was the Lehigh score....

Baldy
September 25th, 2005, 01:36 AM
How much our offense improved from weeks 1-3 to tonight. It seems like our QB is finally learning the system learning the reads and learning how and when to pitch the ball. Saw some things tonight a QB in our system hasn't done in quite a few years.

Once our QB "gets it", we will score some major points and rack up some impressive offensive numbers. With the way our defense is playing, we will need to do just that. With that said, to me the D played their best game of the year tonight, but they still allowed 400+ yards of offense

umassfan
September 25th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I think the nation knows now that UMass's D is for real. We held the number 3 rushing team in the nation to just 171 yards rushing on 52 carries. Our "poor" offense outgained them by nearly 200 yards. We have still only given up 1 td in 4 games and that was to Richmond in week 1. No one can use the excuse that we havent played a quality offense anymore. I want to hear what everyone has to say now that we put up this kind of game.

JALMOND
September 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM
1. Either Idaho State is for real or EWU has more problems than I thought. Actually, maybe a little of both.

2. NDSU has a really good team. I been rather harsh on them and their fans, but I'm a believer now. Damn fine ballclub.

3. The scores from the east. Did anyone other than William and Mary and Western Illinois have an easy game this week?

4. The Portland State/N Colorado score. Where did our offense come from? I get it. Rubin left, Rubin right, Rubin up the middle. 300+ yards.

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2005, 06:07 AM
What I continue to see is that 1AA is wide open right now... forget about arguing as to who are the best teams in the nation... we don't even know who are the best teams in the conferences. Can anyone say that there are clear cut favorites in the A10... SoCon... Gateway... Big Sky... Southland... Patriot or Great West??? This year appears to be as competitive as I have ever seen in 1AA and if a few teams don't emerge... the playoffs could be one wild ride in December.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
What I continue to see is that 1AA is wide open right now... forget about arguing as to who are the best teams in the nation... we don't even know who are the best teams in the conferences. Can anyone say that there are clear cut favorites in the A10... SoCon... Gateway... Big Sky... Southland... Patriot or Great West??? This year appears to be as competitive as I have ever seen in 1AA and if a few teams don't emerge... the playoffs could be one wild ride in December.

Huge questions here, no one has really been able to show it against actual I-AA teams because of... well you know. :deadhorse

ISUMatt
September 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Not being a homer here but...

Illinois State's defense...This is a team that allowed 35ppg last season AND lost Boomer Grigsby to the NFL... now has allowed 25 to 3 I-AAs and 57 total in 4 games!!!

Idaho St... I wasnt expecting that result last night, maybe its lack of knowledge of the Bengals but they opened my eyes for sure!!

New Hampshire... I knew they were good but I never thought Id be voting them #1 in my AGS poll

Furman...They seems to give up lots of points but still win

Lehigh... Quietly a Top 10 team... GO HAWKS!!!

Umass74
September 25th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Did anyone notice that William & Mary had 35 first downs against Liberty?

The chain crew must have started to cramp up... :)

youwouldno
September 25th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Curiously Furman set the school's all-time record for snaps in the game vs. Hofstra.

SeattleGriz
September 25th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Idaho St's win. I hear ISU's dome is crazy for big games like this one vs EWU. Even if ISU is tough at home, they will lose too many road games.

Furmans lack of solid play. Still waiting for them to get it together on D. Confused since I thought they were ready to play from day 1.

MSU's victory. MSU did what they needed to drive 92 yards for the go ahead score in the 4th. Big.

CCU. Seemed to have snuck up on everyone not paying attention. Still waiting to see how often they will play lights out.

App State. Welcome back to being worried over.

AmsterBison
September 25th, 2005, 01:14 PM
Montana State's QB, Lulay, really had a good game against NDSU. No INTs and he converted almost every 3rd down. An outstanding effort by their defense too.

As for my team, North Dakota State, they're still making progress but definitely need more depth on the defensive line - the guys we have our great, but they are almost all seniors.

OL FU
September 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Would be interested to hear from A-10 folks ( I realize I won't hear from Hofstra fans :) ). Hofstra put up 380 yards and 28 offensive points. Turnovers are still a problem for Furman, without them it is at least two touchdown win. On the other hand turnovers count. And this week we only had two.

I have a feeling that Lehigh may have been looking forward to the Harvard game.