Northern Arizona LOST to Weber State 31-23

Down with the Foe!
September 24th, 2005, 11:58 PM
What a bloody mess :dizzy: xprost2x :beerchug: :anim_chai

who wants to be ranked #1 now?

bobcatfan06
September 25th, 2005, 02:02 AM
ME!!ME!!!ME!!!

Seriously though, I hope the Bobcats don't fall even though we lost. We only lost by 13 to one of the top Big XII teams and had almost 500 yards of offense. Sure we gave up 500 but isn't that kinda expected against a I-A school. They have faster, taller, more talented WR than I-AA (on the average) CB's. Ok I'll stop begging for votes, I sound like Mack Brown. *gag*

Grande Rosso
September 25th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Obviously I'm prejudiced (this week), but the Toppers put two touchdowns on the Tigers, and forced them to settle for 3 field goals inside the red zone.

When I do my poll, I normally throw out the I-A and D-II (and lower)games, unless they are a real blowout, one way or another, just basing my rankings on the I-AA vs I-AA head-to-head battles.

Toppermaniac
September 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM
Obviously I'm prejudiced (this week), but the Toppers put two touchdowns on the Tigers, and forced them to settle for 3 field goals inside the red zone.

When I do my poll, I normally throw out the I-A and D-II (and lower)games, unless they are a real blowout, one way or another, just basing my rankings on the I-AA vs I-AA head-to-head battles.

Don't forget that we were on the Auburn 10 yard line in the 4th quarter with a chance to put another 3 or 7 on the board and we threw an interception in the end zone. All I can say is at least we didn't get killed. We actually played them pretty tough, at least in the 2nd half.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 10:40 AM
What a bloody mess :dizzy: xprost2x :beerchug: :anim_chai

According to the poll New Hampshire is next in line. :)

How long they stay there is up the them.

Umass74
September 25th, 2005, 10:41 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A loss to a I-A team should not cause a drop in a I-AA teams rating.

Unless the I-A team is Buffalo...

ChickenMan
September 25th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. A loss to a I-A team should not cause a drop in a I-AA teams rating.

or Temple...

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 10:46 AM

Explain that to the voters who dropped SHSU by 8 and Nw St. by 6 after their last I-A losses.

kats89
September 25th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Tell that to the pollsters after we got 80 dropped on us last week at Tx Tech. I know we scored 21 points, but I was totally suprised to see us in the top25. Look for us to drop out after a postponed game this week due to a hurricane.IMO, we don't deserve a top 25 ranking right now anyway. Too many questions now.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Tell that to the pollsters after we got 80 dropped on us last week at Tx Tech. I know we scored 21 points, but I was totally suprised to see us in the top25. Look for us to drop out after a postponed game this week due to a hurricane.IMO, we don't deserve a top 25 ranking right now anyway. Too many questions now.

There is no way we should be dropped anymore because of a natural disaster. We still do not know how we will do against an actual I-AA team and will not know for another two weeks (can you believe that? :eek: ).

Though I am sure it will happen, we got dropped way to far the last couple of weeks already, IMHO.

Down with the Foe!
September 25th, 2005, 12:04 PM
According to the poll New Hampshire is next in line. :)

How long they stay there is up the them.

They got my #1.... I scrapped my entire poll, again...started over.

I feel like a 14 year kid lost trying to manage his first Fantasy Football league team.

:(

anybody else feel about that way besides me?

wow

Go Griz

lugo02
September 25th, 2005, 12:12 PM

I partially agree with that statement, However I also believe a quality win over a I-AA is worth more that a lost to a quality I-A school. In that case I beleive New Hamshire should move ahead of WKU. Schools should not be rewarded for scheduling games that they are almost certain to lose.

lugo02
September 25th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Question?
Two teams one has a 7-4 record: 7 wins in conference (conference champion) 2 loses to I-A (that they were scheduled to lose) and 2 loses to an out of conference I-AA
A 9-2 team with both loses coming to an out of conference I-AA's and 2 wins against equal I-AA's, no conference loses and no I-A on their schedule.

Should the 7-4 team be rewarded (ranked higher) for scheduling money games that they had no chance of winning? Or should the 9-2 be rewarded by proving that they can beat out of conference I-AA teams.

SeattleGriz
September 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
New Hampshire is the new #1.

They beat UC Davis for a NOW good looking win and beat two other I-AA's handily. Montana might even move up due to being in the right place :D .

rvzlaw
September 25th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Sam Houston giving up 80 points. 40-50? Fine. But 80 is ridiculous.

--EDITED FOR SMACK--

rcny46
September 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM

They beat UC Davis for a NOW good looking win and beat two other I-AA's handily. Montana might even move up due to being in the right place :D .

Can't agree with putting UNH on top.UC-Davis isn't a top ten team,and Towson and Dartmouth are a combined 3-3.What's so noteworthy about that? A number of 1-AA's,including yours, would walk all over them.Prediction:they will be staying home when the playoffs start.

blukeys
September 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Agreed Seattle. Right now the best way to guarantee a move up in the I-AA poll is to be idle. ;) ;)

youwouldno
September 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I have UNH #1, not because they are so wonderful probably... but because all the preseason favorites have been slain, some more than once.

SeattleGriz
September 25th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Can't agree with putting UNH on top.UC-Davis isn't a top ten team,and Towson and Dartmouth are a combined 3-3.What's so noteworthy about that? A number of 1-AA's,including yours, would walk all over them.Prediction:they will be staying home when the playoffs start.

Nothing really noteworthy, just that they are more noteworthy than anyone else at this point in the season.

skinny_uncle
September 25th, 2005, 05:32 PM
UNH will become #1 until they lose. That is just how it works in polls. It's a bit early in the season for it to be very meaningful. Conference seasons are ready to crank up which will sort out the wheat from the chaff.
The scheduling of 1-A games has more to do with money than how it might affect one's post-season chances.

charliej
September 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Explain that to the voters who dropped SHSU by 8 and Nw St. by 6 after their last I-A losses.

I usually don't put too much stock in a IA loss,but 80 points is alot! By the end of the game you had to be looking at 3rd,maybe 4th stringers.

charliej
September 25th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Sandbaggin? Tryin to dodge the bullseye? ;)

....You're It! :D

rcny46
September 25th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Sandbaggin? Tryin to dodge the bullseye? ;)

....You're It! :D

No.Just trying to give a realistic and fair assessment as to their qualifications when considered against the rest of the field.I just think this team has a lot of weaknesses.

VictorG
September 25th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Just don't put the Griz #1. Our offense has been "idle" for 3 weeks now! :)

charliej
September 25th, 2005, 07:28 PM
No.Just trying to give a realistic and fair assessment as to their qualifications when considered against the rest of the field.I just think this team has a lot of weaknesses.

Fair enough,but when I see the #'s Santos has been putting up it looks to me like they just picked up where they left off last year. If UNH has weaknesses,I sure hope Nova can find em next week.We have a few of our own.

kats89
September 25th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I usually don't put too much stock in a IA loss,but 80 points is alot! By the end of the game you had to be looking at 3rd,maybe 4th stringers.

Starting QB played 1/2 the third quarter. 2nd string came in and played until the final minute. 3rd string played the last minute.

--EDITED FOR SMACK--

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Sam Houston giving up 80 points. 40-50? Fine. But 80 is ridiculous.

You telling me that your team could have done better. Tech would hang 80 on any I-AA team because that is the type of ball they play.

blackfordpu
September 25th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Sorry, I meant that they can if they want to because that is how they play. The cheap shot by our guy on the punt pushed them to do that to us. They have the talent and depth over any I-AA because of the schlorships they get over us.

No one in I-AA should look down on us for that. Our guys played their butts off but they were way overmatched.

Chi Panther
September 25th, 2005, 11:43 PM
The best way to not let a I-A team paste you for 80 is to RUN the dang ball.
Keep the clock ticking...and don't throw those INTs.

Grizo406
September 25th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Just don't put the Griz #1. Our offense has been "idle" for 3 weeks now! :)

Nice one, VictorG, nice one indeed, and also very true!

ucdtim17
September 26th, 2005, 01:56 AM

Why would a win 3,000 miles away from home at UCD ever NOT be considered a "good" win?? Most people thought this game would be close, and a ball or two bounces UCD's way and it's a win. Either way, the teams were both sloppy but pretty evenly matched.

Get a break or two against PSU, and UCD is now 4-0 and probably has the best claim for the #1 spot in the country.

What if :rolleyes:

kats89
September 26th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Texas Tech 63, Indiana State 7

TT called off the dogs. They had 250+ yards rushing. They never run the ball that much.

It's over. I 've got out off of my chest now.