PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Eastern Washington?

mainejeff
September 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I wonder if they'll still be in the AGS Top 10? :rolleyes:

Whadaya say ralph? ;)

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM

Whadaya say ralph? ;)

I'll tell you what: this year, games between UM, MSU, EWU and ISU will be coin flips. Any one of those could come out of the Sky with the auto-bid. ISU just put a big chip in their corner with that win.

youwouldno
September 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
EWU has not lived up to expectations, that's for sure. I don't know how far I'll drop them, probably not too bad, but their playoff hopes are rather precarious now.

GOKATS
September 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM

Whadaya say ralph? ;)

They lost. It can happen to any team. Doubt if they'll be in the top 10 though, :cool:

Tod
September 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
I'll tell you what: this year, games between UM, MSU, EWU and ISU will be coin flips. Any one of those could come out of the Sky with the auto-bid. ISU just put a big chip in their corner with that win.

PSU and NAU could be in the thick of things too.

AZGrizFan
September 24th, 2005, 10:03 PM
PSU and NAU could be in the thick of things too.

Well, if Weber is as weak as we think they are, NAU shot themselves in the foot tonight. And PSU is barely beating Northern Colorado...WTF is going on around here????? :confused: :confused:

mainejeff
September 24th, 2005, 10:07 PM
They lost. It can happen to any team. Doubt if they'll be in the top 10 though, :cool:

I don't know about that.....some voters around here love ranking sub-.500 teams pretty highly. Eastern Washington will probably still be in the Top 15 because as ralph says....."they're loaded". :rolleyes:

Ronbo
September 24th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Sounds like the Big Sky every year. The Griz might just end up being the only consistent team again just like usual. And don't say they aren't the favorites because they are till someone takes it from them. :D

blackfordpu
September 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM
What was the score?
Who did they play?

GOKATS
September 24th, 2005, 10:20 PM
Sounds like the Big Sky every year. The Griz might just end up being the only consistent team again just like usual. And don't say they aren't the favorites because they are till someone takes it from them. :D

Reminds me of an old song, "Dream on........."

putter
September 24th, 2005, 10:43 PM
ISU beats EWU and Weber beats NAU! Wow, because NDSU pummled Weber by 41 and the cats beat NDSU. I like the Griz chances against Weber because of our D and it looks like Northern Arizona either took these guys too light or are not a great team this year. The BSC will be interesting thats for sure.

Grizo406
September 25th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Reminds me of an old song, "Dream on........."

Just like your win against NDSU reminds me of an old song, "I Got Lucky Today".

But a win is a win. Nice job, Cats!

mainejeff
September 25th, 2005, 12:39 AM
"Childish"....."Petty"......"Mocking members on the discussion boards"???? Ralph....if you have a problem with me, then why don't you PM me?........

CatFan22
September 25th, 2005, 02:38 AM
"Childish"....."Petty"......"Mocking members on the discussion boards"???? Ralph....if you have a problem with me, then why don't you PM me?........

Because he doesn't have to. Everyone else thinks the same thing. It makes no difference.

JALMOND
September 25th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Right now, Big Sky Conference records...

ISU 1-0
PSU 1-0
Weber 1-0
Mont 0-0
MSU 0-0
EWU 0-1
NAU 0-1
Sac 0-1

If anyone had ISU and Weber at 1-0 and EWU and NAU at 0-1 in their predictions at the beginning of the year, I'd like to hear your predictions for the rest of the year. I certainly did not see this kind of start for the Big Sky.

VictorG
September 25th, 2005, 10:07 AM
I still think EWU is going to be in the top 10, top 12 at worst. ISU is one tough place to play and I think ISU was especially jacked because of all the controversy they have had this last week. Good job by the ISU coaching staff!!!

SeattleGriz
September 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I'm glad we play on artificial turf now. I really feel that when a grass team goes into a dome, they are at a distinct disadvantage. Especially out here in the west where a team could practice on slop all week and then have to play on turf for the weekend.

mainejeff
September 25th, 2005, 02:11 PM
CatFan22......Why don't you offer some examples then, buddy?

Bronco
September 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Heard the ISU students were chanting...overrated.
Good.

Seems to be the favorite chant of EWU students so wonder how it felt to hear it in return......paybacks an ex-wife.

grizfnz
September 25th, 2005, 04:05 PM

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/lapd/getalong2.jpg

Obzerver
September 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Glad to see you finally had the chance to get that out bronco...holding that in for almost three years must be a bitch. EWU needs to get healthy but quick and now that their back is against the wall it's all or nothing from here on in...

CatFan22
September 25th, 2005, 07:00 PM
CatFan22......Why don't you offer some examples then, buddy?

I don't have to prove the truth to you. Just because you don't believe it, doesn't mean it has to be false. And I'm not your buddy.

saint0917
September 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM

Whadaya say ralph? ;)

Not in mine they wont, I have them at 16. I had EW Number 1 last week.

GrizRick
September 26th, 2005, 07:50 PM
I'm not writing off EWU yet. Yes, they lost. But they were down 24-7 and came back to tie it at 24. They missed a PAT that would have tied it at 31. Meyer had good stats. Looks like they just dug themselves too deep a hole early on, but they have plenty of punch and are still dangerous.

Down with the Foe!
September 26th, 2005, 10:55 PM
ANY I-AA team overlooks them (EWU).....is walking out with a loss hung on their arse.

Anyone who thinks ANY game in the Big SKY this season is a gimmee....

is also probably gonna walk out with a loss hung on their arse.

There are no letdowns in the BSC....and I predict, the winner of that conference has 2 losses..

Go Griz

umassfan
September 26th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Only two? Maybe the winner will but that is hard to see at this point.

Idaho State 1 0 - 3 1
Portland State 1 0 - 3 1
Weber State 1 0 - 2 2
Montana 0 0 - 2 1
Montana State 0 0 - 2 2
Northern Arizona 0 1 - 2 2
Eastern Washington 0 1 - 1 2
Sacramento State 0 1 - 0 4

or did you mean two conference losses?
Looks like the Big Sky will be a 1 bid conference this season.... just my opinion.

Grizo406
September 26th, 2005, 11:42 PM
At this point, the Bobcats are the ones that scare me the most in the BSC, followed by ISU, and then, PSU.

umassfan
September 27th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Naw, two or three. "Three Conferences had half of their teams in the top 25 this week including I-AA's largest Conference the Atlantic 10 (6), the Big Sky (4) and the Southern (4)."
They will get 1 or 2 teams in... mark it down.

eagle1
September 27th, 2005, 12:07 AM
The Big Sky is loaded this year and this might be the toughest top to bottom that it has been. Granted Sac State is struggling again but the rest of the conference has faired fairly well so far. As for EWU, they have some serious offensive line issues right now as well as special teams problems. Meyer is simply not having any time to throw and the line is not able get the running game going as well. The stats that Meyer has this far are truly amazing with the blocking or lack thereof. The defense is getting better but was put is horrible field position numerous times against ISU and was on the field entire third quarter against San Jose State. This team is at the cross roads and seems to respond well to having their backs against the wall so I look for them to rebound but the schedule is daunting. Props to ISU, they are a good football team and their defense is as good as they come in the Big Sky. Go Eagles!!!

OrneryAggie
September 27th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Looks like the Big Sky will be a 1 bid conference this season.... just my opinion.

How many bids the Big Sky gets depends on these games

Oct. 22 at Montana 12:05 p.m.
Nov. 5 EASTERN WASHINGTON (Homecoming) 4 p.m.
Nov. 19 IDAHO STATE 6 p.m.

That's Cal Poly's remaining out of conference schedule. An uneviable but possibly very rewarding task. If Poly takes 2 of 3 they get a bid usually reserved for a Sky school.

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 12:41 PM
They will get 1 or 2 teams in... mark it down.
I see where you're going with that and I think I just might agree that the BSC may only get one. There is not an undefeated team in the Big Sky and two of the favorites (EWU and MSU) already have two losses each. Let's just say for fun that Montana runs the table giving those two three a piece and they still have to play each other. PSU still has Boise on their schedule so chalk them up with two already and ISU ends the season with Cal-Poly which another potential OOC loss. There very well could be only one team left with an 8-3 or better record.

Compare this with the A10 that has two undefeated teams and five more with only one loss and many of those teams don't play each other. The Gateway has six one-loss teams, the SoCon and Southland each have five.

Team - number of losses
Montana -1
Idaho State - 1
Portland State - 1

Already on the proverbial bubble...
Weber State - 2
Montana State - 2
Northern Arizona - 2
Eastern Washington - 2

Done...
Sacramento State - 4

Now, I wouldn't bet a donut on it, but I could very well see a one bid Big Sky pan out.

lucchesicourt
September 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM
EWU also has a game with UCD later in the year. The Aggies "D" won't make it any easier for EWU.

89Hen
September 27th, 2005, 06:04 PM
EWU also has a game with UCD later in the year. The Aggies "D" won't make it any easier for EWU.
Missed that one. The GWFC could knock the BSC right out of the playoffs!

polsongrizz
September 28th, 2005, 12:27 AM
Because he doesn't have to. Everyone else thinks the same thing.
No they don't... :mad:

Tod
September 28th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I see where you're going with that and I think I just might agree that the BSC may only get one. There is not an undefeated team in the Big Sky and two of the favorites (EWU and MSU) already have two losses each. Let's just say for fun that Montana runs the table giving those two three a piece and they still have to play each other. PSU still has Boise on their schedule so chalk them up with two already and ISU ends the season with Cal-Poly which another potential OOC loss. There very well could be only one team left with an 8-3 or better record.

Compare this with the A10 that has two undefeated teams and five more with only one loss and many of those teams don't play each other. The Gateway has six one-loss teams, the SoCon and Southland each have five.

Team - number of losses
Montana -1
Idaho State - 1
Portland State - 1

Already on the proverbial bubble...
Weber State - 2
Montana State - 2
Northern Arizona - 2
Eastern Washington - 2

Done...
Sacramento State - 4

Now, I wouldn't bet a donut on it, but I could very well see a one bid Big Sky pan out.

But the difference between you and umassfan is that you took the time to do the math/calculations and explain your position on the board, while umassfan also did the calculations and tried to make himself look like the genius he thinks he is.

I'm just sorry you beat me to it, I did the same thing you did in my head last night (although I didn't have the actual records or look at remaining OOC schools, such as UCD) and meant to call umassfan on his prediction, but I didn't get back until you'd already had the priveledge. I have to be faster next time. :) :)

edit: Plus, you were a lot nicer than I was going to be. Probably best you beat me to it.

Tod
September 28th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Because he doesn't have to. Everyone else thinks the same thing. It makes no difference.

Kindly speak for yourself only, with the possible exception of other that have agreed with you in writing, where we can see it, on AGS. Thanks.

umassfan
September 28th, 2005, 04:17 AM
1-2-3... same can be said for most all autobid conferences including the one UMass plays in.
Nah man the A10 gets 4... Mark it down!

umassfan
September 28th, 2005, 04:20 AM
But the difference between you and umassfan is that you took the time to do the math/calculations and explain your position on the board, while umassfan also did the calculations and tried to make himself look like the genius he thinks he is.

I'm just sorry you beat me to it, I did the same thing you did in my head last night (although I didn't have the actual records or look at remaining OOC schools, such as UCD) and meant to call umassfan on his prediction, but I didn't get back until you'd already had the priveledge. I have to be faster next time. :) :)

edit: Plus, you were a lot nicer than I was going to be. Probably best you beat me to it.
Why do I need to post the math to my prediction... I dont believe I have to explain every statement... I figured you would be smart enough to notice the facts yourself.

89Hen
September 28th, 2005, 08:18 AM
You know many members complain about how every thread gets turned into an A-10 thread? The topic is "What happened to Eastern Washington?" and that has nothing to do with the A-10... no matter what I post! :)
Everything should be about the A10! :p

grizbeer
September 28th, 2005, 09:47 AM
It wouldn't be unheard of for the BSC to only get 1 bid, but I don't think it is likely this year despite the early records. It is true at this point the BSC doesn't have an undefeated team, but that doesn't mean a lot towards at large bids - if UM had played Central Washington instead of Oregon, and ISU had played a D-II instead of Kentucky, and Portland State had played a lower level I-AA or D-II team instead of Oregon State likely the BSC would have had 3 undefeated teams, but the weaker schedule probably wouldn't have helped with an at-large bid.

The reality of the BSC this year is that the winner of the conference could very well have 2 conference losses, and a team like Montana State could win the auto bid at 7-4, with 2 or 3 other teams with 8-3 overall records with their only OOC loss to a BCS I-A team it would be hard to keep 2 of those teams out of the playoffs.

polsongrizz
September 28th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Tod and Mitch, Jeff has been goading me about this in a most ... I said it "childish" way. Obviously others that have been reading this board feel the same way. I was responding to him on that level... we have been in conversation on this board for many years and have reached a certain level of communication... I even met him face to face last year. We have no animosity that I know of. We friendly spat here about our beliefs and that's it. I know he follows I-AA and I know he speculates that I do as well. :) It is not smack stuff so relax folks. Just jesting!!
I agree Ralph, but I think Todd was refering to catfan22 as was I when I posted this, not you and Jeff. ;)

Down with the Foe!
September 28th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Everything should be about the A10! :p

Isn't it just about that way anyway?

:confused:

:eek:

:rolleyes:

;) ;) ;)