PDA

View Full Version : Wagner 2008 Schedule (Tentative)

seahawkfan2007
February 17th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Sept. 5th A Stonehill
Sept. 13th H Iona
Sept. 20th A Marist
Sept. 27th H Bryant
Oct. 4th A Central Conn
Oct. 11th H Monmouth
Oct. 18th A St. Francis (Pa)
Oct. 25th H Robert Morris
Nov. 1st A Sacred Heart
Nov. 8th H Duquesne
Nov. 15th A Albany

Seawolf97
February 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Sept. 5th A Stonehill
Sept. 13th H Iona
Sept. 20th A Marist
Sept. 27th H Bryant
Oct. 4th A Central Conn
Oct. 11th H Monmouth
Oct. 18th A St. Francis (Pa)
Oct. 25th H Robert Morris
Nov. 1st A Sacred Heart
Nov. 8th H Duquesne
Nov. 15th A Albany

Nice schedule- You should go 4-0 before meeting up with CCSU xthumbsupx

hebmskebm
February 17th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Any word on OOC games for RMU, St. Francis, Sacred Heart or Duquesne? The NEC has done a really good job so far in keeping the Sub-DI games to a minimum.

dgreco
February 17th, 2008, 08:02 PM
hey! seawolf!

DetroitFlyer
February 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Any word on OOC games for RMU, St. Francis, Sacred Heart or Duquesne? The NEC has done a really good job so far in keeping the Sub-DI games to a minimum.

I have been hearing a rumor that Dayton will be traveling to Duquesne for a game this season. I hope it comes to pass, why these teams do not play every year is a complete mystery to me....

BobbyMo
February 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM

I think the RMU OOC games are:
Bucknell
Bryant
Dayton

redflash2
February 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
St. Francis has VMI, Marist, Morehead State, and Bryant... They might have a good chance of winning the conference this year coming up...

PeacockRaider
February 18th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Welcome RedFlash! Glad to see some St Francis representation, I always pull for the small catholic schools.

DetroitFlyer
February 18th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Saint Francis is my second favorite FCS school after the Flyers! Glad to see more fans of the Red Flash. I hope that UD and Saint Francis can play again in the near future.

Dane96
February 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
St. Francis has VMI, Marist, Morehead State, and Bryant... They might have a good chance of winning the conference this year coming up...

Love the enthusiasm.

The reality says otherwise...a STRONG otherwise. xrolleyesx

dgreco
February 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
glad to see a st Francis fan on the boards welcome! Glad to see the nec teams are playing all DI games and that Bryant has been making the list

Go...gate
February 18th, 2008, 07:34 PM

Welcome to St. Francis of Pennsylvania!! :)

rmutv
February 18th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I think the RMU OOC games are:
Bucknell
Bryant
Dayton

Bucknell and Morehead State are definite.

Bryant and Dayton...no clue, but they would make sense.

downbythebeach
February 18th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I wish SFU would play one of the PA PL teams.......we just lost Lasalle whom we played nearly every year of their existence

Seahawks Fan
February 19th, 2008, 06:35 AM

Welcome RedFlash. xthumbsupx

redflash2
February 19th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for all of the love guys!!! And to the Albany fan St. francis has everybody back from last year team. The Wide Outs are back Rivera is one of the best in the conference, the QB is back one of the most athletic in the conference, the RB is back came on strong at the later of the year, the freshman linebackers are back freshman player of the year, and the one cornerback is back he's one of the best i've seen in the conference. All they need is a couple of holes to fill on the o and d line

danefan
February 19th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks for all of the love guys!!! And to the Albany fan St. francis has everybody back from last year team. The Wide Outs are back Rivera is one of the best in the conference, the QB is back one of the most athletic in the conference, the RB is back came on strong at the later of the year, the freshman linebackers are back freshman player of the year, and the one cornerback is back he's one of the best i've seen in the conference. All they need is a couple of holes to fill on the o and d line

Welcome RedFlash2! The more NEC fans the better.

Heard it all before with St. Francis. Doria was the best QB this conference has seen in a while and that didn't help. The guy was putting up 400 yard passing games week in and week out and losing.

I wouldn't mind seeing some parity in the league. It was great last year to have Wagner running at the top, as they haven't been there before. I just don't see it with St. Francis. I know you guys had a lot of close games last year, but there seems to be a wall St. Francis cannot get over.

BTW, I like seeing St. Francis and other NEC teams playing all DI games.
Playing them is one thing. Now, the everyone needs to start winning them.

DetroitFlyer
February 19th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Saint Francis came on strong at the end of 2007. Here is to hoping that they can keep that going and have a good OOC leading into the NEC slate!

aceinthehole
February 19th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Welcome RedFlash2! The more NEC fans the better.

Heard it all before with St. Francis. Doria was the best QB this conference has seen in a while and that didn't help. The guy was putting up 400 yard passing games week in and week out and losing.

I wouldn't mind seeing some parity in the league. It was great last year to have Wagner running at the top, as they haven't been there before. I just don't see it with St. Francis. I know you guys had a lot of close games last year, but there seems to be a wall St. Francis cannot get over.

BTW, I like seeing St. Francis and other NEC teams playing all DI games.
Playing them is one thing. Now, the everyone needs to start winning them.

I echo his comments. Welcome to AGS, its great to have a SFPA fan.

I jummped on the Red Flash bandwagon in Doria's senior year. I really thought that was going to be your breakout season. With Caputo and the other WR, I though you guys had a real shot at the NEC title. The offense could have been (and was to a certain degree) explosive.

The problem lies on Defense. The Flash can seem to stop anyone. I understand the struggles of recruiting under grant-in-aid at a small school without an AQ. I hope the scholarships and future AQ for the NEC helps you guys out.

I hate to see a perennial cellar dwellar. Wagner had a great OOC against MAAC teams and made a nice move in the NEC. Realistically that what SFPA should shoot for. Right now, UA, CCSU, and Monmouth just have more talent and speed than the SFPA and I don't see you guys moving into the top tier. However, winning games vs. Wagner, SHU, RMU, Bryant, or even Duq would be a step in the right direction.

Again, good luck and welcome.

redflash2
February 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM
When Doria was there the team really wasn't that good offense only the defense was terrible. Now things have changed they have a good offense and defense. They are 50 times better than the Doria era as a team.

danefan
February 19th, 2008, 09:44 AM
When Doria was there the team really wasn't that good offense only the defense was terrible. Now things have changed they have a good offense and defense. They are 50 times better than the Doria era as a team.

And so are the other NEC teams. Listen, I hope St. Francis can step it up. Having strong teams throughout the conference is a good thing. We'll have to wait and see!xthumbsupx

redflash2
February 19th, 2008, 09:46 AM
yeah we will I think this year will be one of the best years for the NEC. Can't wait for it to come.

seahawkfan2007
February 19th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Welcome aboard Red Flash! Looking forward to Oct. 18th out in Loretto.

Seawolf97
February 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
It is a solid schedule. Still like to see some local games between Stonybrook, Fordham, Columbia, Hofstra and Wagner- kind of mix it up locally.

Seahawks Fan
February 20th, 2008, 07:05 AM
It is a solid schedule. Still like to see some local games between Stonybrook, Fordham, Columbia, Hofstra and Wagner- kind of mix it up locally.

Good idea. xthumbsupx These teams should play each other on a rotating schedule. Build up the local rivalry.

seahawkfan2007
February 20th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Seawolf97 makes a great point. Wagner has a game scrimmage with Fordham on August 28th. If Stonehill and Fordham had been switched (scrimmage Stonehill and open with Fordham), that would make for a solid schedule. All D-1's and game vs. a FCS playoff team.

Seawolf97
February 20th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Seawolf97 makes a great point. Wagner has a game scrimmage with Fordham on August 28th. If Stonehill and Fordham had been switched (scrimmage Stonehill and open with Fordham), that would make for a solid schedule. All D-1's and game vs. a FCS playoff team.

I want to see you guys make some noise this year in the NEC ! xthumbsupx

schmofstra
February 20th, 2008, 08:29 PM
St. Francis has hijacked this Wagner thread -- just like the Flashes pulled the upset last year at Wagner! Har-dee-har-har.xrolleyesx

I'll be eyeing this Wagner sked for a (short) roadtrip in the fall. Nice mix of teams. Good excuse to nosh on some Italian food and Ralph's Ices in Staten Island!

As a native Pennsylvanian myself, perhaps it'll be one of the visits from Robert Morris or Duquesne.xrulesx

For those interested in some earlier comments about the NYC would-be rivalries, check this out:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36850&highlight=gotham

Seawolf97
February 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Maybe we should hire a lobbyist to campaign for these local gamesxlolx

redflash2
February 21st, 2008, 12:46 PM
it wasnt an upset against Wagner we just dominated them for 4 quarters...

seahawkfan2007
February 22nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
Not sure that being outscored 20-10 over the last three quarters qualifies as domination but hey, you won.

schmofstra
February 22nd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Not sure that being outscored 20-10 over the last three quarters qualifies as domination but hey, you won.

Yes, I was at that game and I have to side with our friend SeahawksFan here in stating that it wasn't one of those total-domination-type victories.

However, my judgment may have been a bit clouded -- maybe the better word is ECLIPSED. That's because I was constantly being distracted by that GI-NORMOUS lineman that you guys have there in Loretto. Something like 6-foot, 8 inches, and around 400 pounds, right? xeekx I mentioned on a previous thread that he was the size of a house, or the size of TWO linemen. It was real tough for the Wagner pass rushers to get around him, and I also noticed that he moved down the field OK too. Wasn't fleet afoot, but not stationary either.

St. Francis had a good running game that day, as I recall. It was an impressive victory, one which surprised the Staten Islanders.

I believe that was also the game in which Wagner K Piotr Czech booted a league-record 56-yard FG. So I got my money's worth that afternoon. Always nice to see a game up on Grymes Hill. Cheap grub too, courtesy of one of the women's sports teams (field hockey, I think?).

Although I'm a Wagner backer now, I also root for St. Francis (except when they play Morehead, of course). That's because you have coaches from each of my alma maters: Head coach Dave Opfar of Penn State and assistant Ralph DelSardo from Morehead.xthumbsupx

redflash2
February 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yes he is a big lineman, all in all it was a very good game between both teams. I was intrigued by the two cornerbacks in the game Al Harris which is going to be a good player in the NFL and Rickey Williamson from st. francis. In my opinion they were the two best corners in the conference, and rickey has one more year so I look for him to make even more noise this year since his name is out there.