PDA

View Full Version : EA Sports NCAA Football 09

Appinator
February 17th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I was just on the EA Sports site and they are having open voting for mascots for the Wii cover. I was expecting no FCS reps, but low and behold Monte, Montana's mascot, was right up there with the big boys, American Flag bandana and all. For all votes App got in the Pontiac competition, I think we all should show up and represent for our fellow brethren!

With Monte being available for votes, I am assuming that FCS teams will be included in the newer platforms as well this year. Hopefully with some better ratings for our guys (interested to see how Armanti is portrayed). I'm not a gamer by any means, sticking to NCAA and Madden for the most part, but I have each version of the college football game going all the way back to 02.

My favorite additions to the game through out the years was the addition of the campus ledged mode, and the ability to have an FCS team start out in a lower conference and get invites to play in the BCS leagues after continued success.

Basically, I wanted everyone to go out and vote for Monte (if not to win, just to show that there are a lot of FCS players out there to the developers for future versions of the game) and to see what everyone else's favorite parts of the game were over the years for nostalgic purposes .xthumbsupx

DTSpider
February 17th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Link?

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 17th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Sure, I'll vote for him. Monte becoming the cover would be the only way I'd consider buying the game. Every year has more confusing controller features, game-modes that are boring, and more micromanagement to dynasty mode (I bet in '09 you have to give relationship advice to your players so they don't get dumped, become depressed, and lose points off of their speed and agility ratings).

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I don't think they would put Monte on the cover even if he won, but I'll still vote for him.

Appinator
February 17th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Link?

http://www.easports.com/ncaa09/

Appinator
February 17th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sure, I'll vote for him. Monte becoming the cover would be the only way I'd consider buying the game. Every year has more confusing controller features, game-modes that are boring, and more micromanagement to dynasty mode (I bet in '09 you have to give relationship advice to your players so they don't get dumped, become depressed, and lose points off of their speed and agility ratings).

Anyways, I'm getting off topic. I don't think they would put Monte on the cover even if he won, but I'll still vote for him.

Definitely not off topic, as I do like the recruiting portion of it, but sometimes the micro-managing can get difficult, see the NFL Head Coach game, 2 years ago.

Bill Simmons had a good podcast about the evolution of football games over the years when NCAA 08 came out this past year and it really got me thinking about how bad a$$ Fred Taylor was in Madden 98 and how cool it was when the dynasty mode was created in college FB. Personally, I like the level of detail that they give to the game, but there are some definite things that I think they could improve, like fans tearing down the goal posts after a big upset home win, and the inclusion of I-AA dynasty modes with the playoffs included.

JoshUCA
February 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
NCAA for Wii!!!! YES!!!!!!

uofmman1122
February 18th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Wow, this is really awesome!

It's really cool to see so much support from other FCS fans, and I'll try and vote every day.

Go GRIZ!

Zoo
February 18th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Monte's got my vote. xthumbsupx

JoshUCA
February 18th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Got my vote too!

Touchdown Yosef
February 18th, 2008, 09:08 AM
I voted.

andy7171
February 18th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Monte got my vote too. Where do you see the current results?

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Yea im going to have to vote too. Im a huge NCAA gamer and i love running option style offense so i really hope App St is in the game. Maybe ill take Armanti and the boys online. lol

AshevilleApp2
February 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
One more for Monte.xthumbsupx

Benne
February 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I love how they have Monte stuffed in with the Sun Belt

LehighFan11
February 18th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I love how they have Monte stuffed in with the Sun Belt

Says Sun Belt/Big Sky

Go Bison
February 18th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I voted for Monte, too bad their isn't a Gateway tab. There are some good mascots in that conference.

Appinator
February 18th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Monte got my vote too. Where do you see the current results?

I didn't see any place to see the current results.

Thought it was funny too how the Big Sky got lumped with the belch. Does EA know something we don't?xsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
February 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
i voted 3 days in a row. :D

slycat
February 18th, 2008, 12:49 PM
ive voted twice now. we need to keep this thread up to remind me. i too hope this means fcs teams will be back in the game.

Appinator
February 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Got to get out there an vote. Besides, I can't just sit around all off season and talk about how much I hope Perrilloux gets a life sentence in prison.

To get another topic started, another one of my favorite parts of the game has to be the way you got to start off as a High School prospect and play to the state championship. Though I hate that you can't select your own plays while in the campus ledgend mode now. Any other thoughts?

asu70
February 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Monte got my vote!

uofmman1122
February 19th, 2008, 02:52 PM
The fact that he's in there makes me think he'll be available to play as in mascot mode.....and for that reason alone, I'm buying this game.

A team full of Montes = Epic Win.

lizrdgizrd
February 19th, 2008, 04:09 PM
voted for Monte.

Peems
February 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all schools who are supporting the Griz's greatest accomplishment...MONTE!!!!

LehighFan11
February 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Got to get out there an vote. Besides, I can't just sit around all off season and talk about how much I hope Perrilloux gets a life sentence in prison.

To get another topic started, another one of my favorite parts of the game has to be the way you got to start off as a High School prospect and play to the state championship. Though I hate that you can't select your own plays while in the campus ledgend mode now. Any other thoughts?

I've never enjoyed the new game modes that Madden and Ncaa put in. Heisman race, campus legend, etc. have been dissapointments to me. I stick with Dynasty/Franchise modes. Still crossing my fingers FCS teams will be in the game.

Appguy
February 19th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Madden 08 on the wii was lacking at best.
wouldnt be suprised if this was as well

SO ILLmatic
February 19th, 2008, 07:40 PM
one rumor has been that this year's edition will focus on historic upsets. similar to how other editions have focused on race for the Heisman, improved dynasty, whatever else may have you... If they decide to go in this direction, it would be difficult for them to walk a fine line around last year's game in the Big House.

They will eventually have the FCS teams back in the game; but it may be later than sooner. This year we may be lucky to get around 3 or 4 conferences. With teams playing in generic stadiums with generic attributes/ratings for the players. The teams will probably be limited to single game play or importing them into a dynasty, not a correlated dynasty that simulates along with the FBS season.

If you look at any sports game board you will see how time after time fans of the series have asked for the FCS teams to come back. But as predictable as EA is, they will give the consumer just enough so they have reason enough to buy next year's version when they give out just a little more "new features/teams/etc...".

AlphaSigMD
February 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I voted for Monte!

Eyes of Old Main
February 19th, 2008, 09:18 PM
I'll be voting Monte in '08.

grizband
February 19th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Don't forget to vote for Monte, once a day, everyday!!! xthumbsupx

Appinator
February 19th, 2008, 09:32 PM
one rumor has been that this year's edition will focus on historic upsets. similar to how other editions have focused on race for the Heisman, improved dynasty, whatever else may have you... If they decide to go in this direction, it would be difficult for them to walk a fine line around last year's game in the Big House.

They will eventually have the FCS teams back in the game; but it may be later than sooner. This year we may be lucky to get around 3 or 4 conferences. With teams playing in generic stadiums with generic attributes/ratings for the players. The teams will probably be limited to single game play or importing them into a dynasty, not a correlated dynasty that simulates along with the FBS season.

If you look at any sports game board you will see how time after time fans of the series have asked for the FCS teams to come back. But as predictable as EA is, they will give the consumer just enough so they have reason enough to buy next year's version when they give out just a little more "new features/teams/etc...".

I don't think it would be that tough to add the teams back to the game, but I think having the stadiums for FCS schools is a long way off, if ever. There are a lot of cool FCS stadiums out there, Yale, Chattanooga, and Montana are good examples. If you could start a dynasty all the way down at a non-scholly school, build support for scholarships by winning and making the playoffs, become a full-scholly FCS team, and then get invited to FBS, that would be pretty cool.

I hope they don't have generic rosters for FCS. With Armanti at least getting pre-season Heisman hype, they should at least put him at like 85 overall....

Big Dawg
February 19th, 2008, 11:35 PM

I liked the fact that you couldn't pick your plays in campus legend mode...as a player you wouldn't actually call your own plays.

leatherneck177
February 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I voted.

Appinator
February 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I liked the fact that you couldn't pick your plays in campus legend mode...as a player you wouldn't actually call your own plays.

Maybe it's just the inner Keyshawn in me, but if I'm going to be playing as myself in a video game, I'm going to "get me the damn ball". xnodx

Fordham
February 20th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm in.

GO MONTE!!

ERASU2113
February 20th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I was just on the EA Sports site and they are having open voting for mascots for the Wii cover. I was expecting no FCS reps, but low and behold Monte, Montana's mascot, was right up there with the big boys, American Flag bandana and all. For all votes App got in the Pontiac competition, I think we all should show up and represent for our fellow brethren!

With Monte being available for votes, I am assuming that FCS teams will be included in the newer platforms as well this year. Hopefully with some better ratings for our guys (interested to see how Armanti is portrayed). I'm not a gamer by any means, sticking to NCAA and Madden for the most part, but I have each version of the college football game going all the way back to 02.

My favorite additions to the game through out the years was the addition of the campus ledged mode, and the ability to have an FCS team start out in a lower conference and get invites to play in the BCS leagues after continued success.

Basically, I wanted everyone to go out and vote for Monte (if not to win, just to show that there are a lot of FCS players out there to the developers for future versions of the game) and to see what everyone else's favorite parts of the game were over the years for nostalgic purposes .xthumbsupx

I own an Xbox 360 and have been upset ever since the next-gen consoles come out. They still fail to put any FCS teams on there, I hope it changes this year.

One more vote for Monte! :D

UMStudent
February 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
Check out Montes highlight tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxGUAT5NM8

mtgrizfan4life
February 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
Another vote for Monte. Fellow FCS fans please keep voting for Monte. Thank you to those who have voted for Monte.

grizband
February 21st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Check out Montes highlight tape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxGUAT5NM8
Welcome to the board UMStudent! Great post number as well, couldn't have planned that any better. xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
February 21st, 2008, 09:09 PM
RON PAUL THE VOTE!

PantherRob82
February 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
Been voting every day since Friday!

D1B
February 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM

I predict that Monte will win the Wii NCAA 09 National cover.xeekx xlolx

Appinator
February 24th, 2008, 02:31 PM
UPDATE:

I found a website by a guy who seems to be an "insider" on the up-coming game releases:

http://www.pastapadre.com/

Nicely put together and he has a lot of information about what the game will feature, as well as ideas about the Wii game. There seems to be a large amount of people on there who have similar sentiments about including the FCS teams. Hopefully there will be some good updates there....

Keep up the voting for another FCS upset!!

KawKaw
February 25th, 2008, 01:25 AM
doesnt anyone realize that it specifies that the FCS will only be in it?

Appinator
February 25th, 2008, 04:21 PM
doesnt anyone realize that it specifies that the FCS will only be in it?

Not quite sure what you mean. As much as we all would love an FCS only game, I don't think that's happening. If you meant "FBS only", I didn't see anywhere on the site that stated it was only going to include those teams. To go along with that, I don't think that they would have wasted their time creating only one FCS school's mascot to only include that team.

If anything, at least the Wii looks like they will have FCS teams. As for the other "next generation" consoles, the question still remains.

blackcaesar3k5
June 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Will FCS teams be on the ps2?

ISUMatt
June 28th, 2008, 05:12 PM
By the way, Sparty of Michigan St won

JayJ79
June 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Definitely not off topic, as I do like the recruiting portion of it, but sometimes the micro-managing can get difficult, see the NFL Head Coach game, 2 years ago.

Bill Simmons had a good podcast about the evolution of football games over the years when NCAA 08 came out this past year and it really got me thinking about how bad a$$ Fred Taylor was in Madden 98 and how cool it was when the dynasty mode was created in college FB. Personally, I like the level of detail that they give to the game, but there are some definite things that I think they could improve, like fans tearing down the goal posts after a big upset home win, and the inclusion of I-AA dynasty modes with the playoffs included.

fans tearing down goalposts is stupid and dangerous.
having it included in the game only encourages morons to do it in real life. it'd be like including having idiots running onto the field (or crowding the sidelines, practically on the field with 2 minutes left in the game), or throwing objects onto the field, resulting in a delay in gameplay.

but I'm all for better inclusion of FCS teams. Or FCS playoff mode.

JayJ79
June 28th, 2008, 06:49 PM
(I bet in '09 you have to give relationship advice to your players so they don't get dumped, become depressed, and lose points off of their speed and agility ratings).

If they really wanted to realistically portray college football these days, not only would they have injuries, but also academic ineligibility and problems with the law....

Of course, the problems with the law could be included in Madden as well, plus drug suspensions.

Seawolf97
June 28th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Monte is in !

mvemjsunpx
June 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM
If they really wanted to realistically portray college football these days, not only would they have injuries, but also academic ineligibility and problems with the law....

Of course, the problems with the law could be included in Madden as well, plus drug suspensions.

NCAA Football 0x actually has those things in a way. It doesn't have felony arrests, but it does have a discipline system where you spend points (based on how you allocate your football budget) to suspend players if they skipped practice or cheated on a test or whatever. If you're too lenient (or run out of points), the "NCAA Interest" bar increases & you could get scholarship reductions or even a postseason ban. It's not overly realistic, though, since the NCAA in real life only cares about the academic or amateurism sides (the latter isn't in the game), not whether a player skips practice or sloughs off during drills.

I doubt you'll see something like that in Madden. They use an NFLPA license & I don't think Peyton Manning would be too thrilled if his digitized self was randomly arrested for soliciting crack whores.

patssle
June 29th, 2008, 10:43 AM
If they really wanted to realistically portray college football these days

The game is anything but realistic. I got pretty pissed last night playing NCAA 08 on my PS3. Its kinda hard to enjoy a game when constant unrealism plays against you.

blackfordpu
June 29th, 2008, 11:59 AM
It sucks that they are still making it for PS2 but not XBOX. :(

Appinator
June 29th, 2008, 12:31 PM
having it included in the game only encourages morons to do it in real life. it'd be like including having idiots running onto the field (or crowding the sidelines, practically on the field with 2 minutes left in the game), or throwing objects onto the field, resulting in a delay in gameplay.

OK if you want to go down that road, let's hope they don't include the touchdown celebration of throwing the football in a cop's face too.

Appstate29
June 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM

it would be cool to have a sour grapes mode, where fans of teams you beat can bitch and moan relentlessly, that would be cool to see

mvemjsunpx
June 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
The game is anything but realistic. I got pretty pissed last night playing NCAA 08 on my PS3. Its kinda hard to enjoy a game when constant unrealism plays against you.

I've heard that the PS3/360 versions are actually less realistic than the PS2/XBOX versions. Is that accurate (I haven't played the newer versions)? I thought the PS2 version of NCAA Football '08 was the most realistic installment of the series & I'm wondering how the new-gen versions compare. The newer graphics are obviously outstanding, but I have noticed the animations look less realistic.

thmst30
June 29th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Not wasting money on this crap this year. I used to buy NCAA every year the day it came out, now its the same regurgitated crap every year, and they STILL haven't added FCS teams back into the game. They've had three years to do it, however they are still on the PS2 version with rosters and uniforms that are 3-5 years out of date. So sad how they treat FCS.

JayJ79
June 30th, 2008, 12:11 AM
it would be cool to have a sour grapes mode, where fans of teams you beat can bitch and moan relentlessly, that would be cool to see

nah, my complaining of the fans rushing the field early was based on dislike for their disrespect of the game.

my sour grapes would have been if I had complained about some idiot cutting a piece out of the turf after the game.

patssle
June 30th, 2008, 08:53 AM
The newer graphics are obviously outstanding, but I have noticed the animations look less realistic.

NCAA 08 graphics on the PS3 look like #$%#. No antialiasing. Its like a '90s retardation. Who the hell produces a modern videogame without antialiasing? Oh, thats right, its EA Sport****s.

SIUallDay
July 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
what's the final grade on this game???

JmuSkinsfan
July 15th, 2008, 09:11 PM
NCAA 08 graphics on the PS3 look like #$%#. No antialiasing. Its like a '90s retardation. Who the hell produces a modern videogame without antialiasing? Oh, thats right, its EA Sport****s.

Well...try getting Ncaa '09 and playing it on a ps3 with a tv that does the graphics justice. I'm loving these '09 graphics on my ps3 hooked to my 37 inch lcd

blackcaesar3k5
July 15th, 2008, 09:17 PM
JMUSkins,

Does NCAA Football 09 has any FCS teams at all?

MSUBear42
July 15th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Can you at least create custom teams?

The only reason I'd buy it is I have a PS3 with no college football game, and that's just plain depressing.

matt01621
July 16th, 2008, 01:00 AM
JMUSkins,

Does NCAA Football 09 has any FCS teams at all?
Same question. I've heard yes and no to this.....

ericsaid
July 16th, 2008, 01:29 AM
Same question. I've heard yes and no to this.....

The ps2 version does with semi updated rosters

thmst30
July 16th, 2008, 02:49 AM
No FCS teams and no ability to create teams on 360/PS3. Also from what I have heard, this game has a ton of bugs this year. Not that I care because the game has sucked for 3-4 years now and this year doesn't seem to be any better.

Appinator
July 16th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I know I said I wasn't going to buy this game because of the lack of FCS teams on the PS3 platform, but I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and couldn't resist.

Big Mistake.

This year’s game is pretty much an extension of last years, with a few tweaks here and there. I thought last years version was one of the worst NCAAs of all time. Even the inclusion of FCS teams wouldn't make up for the seemingly lack of innovation or effort put in my EA to update this game.

The biggest thing that EA is touting on this update is the ability to play the "Online Dynasty" mode. However, if your not into trash talking with 12 year olds, or have things to do with your life other than dedicating 4 of your waking hours to video games, it's not worth it. The campus legend mode has been virtually untouched. Dynasty recruiting is exactly the same, with the exception of the ability to "Quick Call" recruits instead of filing through three screens of navigation to try and work with them.

I will have to admit, even though I'm not playing this game on an HD TV, this game is stunningly enhanced, visual wise, during game play. Reactions are a lot more responsive to controls, animations are smoother, and post play actions seem to be a lot more "real life". Your home stadium (if you're basically 1 of 25 teams) can totally eliminate the possibility of the opposing team calling an audible, and in my first game played on Heisman mode, I was able to ice the computer kicker to make him miss a field goal to win it. All of these things are great, but if you are running a dynasty or campus legend mode, most of your time is spent navigating through the poorly put together, seemingly soulless navigation screens in the games OS.

$60+ is way over priced for something that boils down to being something that is cool play with your buddies before you go out to the bar. This isn't a game like MLB 08 the Show, Madden 98, or even NCAA 05, where you could spend hours on end, if you wanted to, playing a great game on a great platform.

Skip all of the other reviews written by people who get paid to play the games with pre-sent copies. Don't waste your money.

thmst30
July 16th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I know I said I wasn't going to buy this game because of the lack of FCS teams on the PS3 platform, but I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and couldn't resist.

Big Mistake.

This year’s game is pretty much an extension of last years, with a few tweaks here and there. I thought last years version was one of the worst NCAAs of all time. Even the inclusion of FCS teams wouldn't make up for the seemingly lack of innovation or effort put in my EA to update this game.

The biggest thing that EA is touting on this update is the ability to play the "Online Dynasty" mode. However, if your not into trash talking with 12 year olds, or have things to do with your life other than dedicating 4 of your waking hours to video games, it's not worth it. The campus legend mode has been virtually untouched. Dynasty recruiting is exactly the same, with the exception of the ability to "Quick Call" recruits instead of filing through three screens of navigation to try and work with them.

I will have to admit, even though I'm not playing this game on an HD TV, this game is stunningly enhanced, visual wise, during game play. Reactions are a lot more responsive to controls, animations are smoother, and post play actions seem to be a lot more "real life". Your home stadium (if you're basically 1 of 25 teams) can totally eliminate the possibility of the opposing team calling an audible, and in my first game played on Heisman mode, I was able to ice the computer kicker to make him miss a field goal to win it. All of these things are great, but if you are running a dynasty or campus legend mode, most of your time is spent navigating through the poorly put together, seemingly soulless navigation screens in the games OS.

$60+ is way over priced for something that boils down to being something that is cool play with your buddies before you go out to the bar. This isn't a game like MLB 08 the Show, Madden 98, or even NCAA 05, where you could spend hours on end, if you wanted to, playing a great game on a great platform.

Skip all of the other reviews written by people who get paid to play the games with pre-sent copies. Don't waste your money.
Exactly, this game is getting reviews from mid 80's to mid 90's. HOW?!?! Its not that good, I didn't buy it but my buddy did and I couldn't stand playing it. I used to be one of the guys waiting in line for the NCAA release, and now its just complete trash. Yet it still gets high marks and sells tons every year. xnonono2x On a side note, I found it funny that Boone's local Gamestop was marketing this game with App. St. logos EVERYWHERE. In the store and on the storefront window there were signs that said NCAA 09 and were black and gold with the App. St. logo. How many people will be pissed when they get sucked into the game due to the App tie in and then realize that were not even in the game. Wonder how many copies have already been returned.

ericsaid
July 16th, 2008, 11:16 AM
The FCS rosters on the ps2 are updated but still outdated.

ncbears
July 16th, 2008, 11:17 AM
The FCS rosters on the ps2 are updated but still outdated.

Any new teams? Like UNC?

grizband
July 16th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Each year I wait in anticipation that EA will pull their collective heads from their butts, and each year I am sorely disappointed. 2004/2005 were the highlight games of this series, with each subsequent year failing to live up to my expectations.

MDSE
July 16th, 2008, 02:30 PM
What FCS teams are on it? Anyone got a list?

JoshUCA
July 16th, 2008, 02:54 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/feature.php?id=516&page=2

TexasTerror
July 16th, 2008, 05:12 PM
This says FCS teams are in now...

Lots of Teams: One hundred years ago this season, the University of Pennsylvania shared college football’s national championship with Louisiana State. While the Quakers may have fallen behind the Tigers in gridiron reputation over the past century, NCAA Football 09 lets you help smaller schools like Penn close the gap in Dynasty Mode. Take control of the Philly school or any other Football Championship Subdivision program and face off with any of college football’s big boys. Or if you’re feeling particularly frisky, bite the bullet and make the jump up to the Football Bowl Subdivision in Dynasty Mode. (Hey, UConn did it!) There’s no shortage of features in this game. It’s got almost every trapping you could want: nearly 200 different schools, authentic stadium models, fight songs, 50 alternate uniforms and so on.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/game_room/2008/07/review-ncaa-football-09-wii.html

JoshUCA
July 16th, 2008, 06:07 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/game_room/2008/07/review-ncaa-football-09-wii.html

I heard they were in the Wii version, but I don't know if I can make myself buy it due to the fact that the graphics look like they SUCK!! Why did they have to go and make it look like a little kid's game?xmadx

thmst30
July 16th, 2008, 06:34 PM

Only PS2 and Wii. Don't care about either one. Plus the FCS teams in those games have rosters and unis that are 3-6 years out of date. EA doesn't give a **** about FCS teams.

DSUHornet
July 16th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Can you do a FCS dynasty yet?

ncman071
July 17th, 2008, 02:28 PM
honestly everybody who buys EA Sports products should at least boycott NCAA Football until they add FCS teams in the mix. i dont mean half assed either, they better have up to date rosters and uniforms. i would say it would be nice if they had stadiums up to date but you know EA gives doesnt give a crap.

anyway, EA wont see any of my money until they get this game straight. the problem is until FCS fans stop buying the game, EA will continue to half ass and put yearly rehashes with no FCS.

rjacks21
July 17th, 2008, 02:31 PM
honestly everybody who buys EA Sports products should at least boycott NCAA Football until they add FCS teams in the mix. i dont mean half assed either, they better have up to date rosters and uniforms. i would say it would be nice if they had stadiums up to date but you know EA gives doesnt give a crap.

anyway, EA wont see any of my money until they get this game straight. the problem is until FCS fans stop buying the game, EA will continue to half ass and put yearly rehashes with no FCS.

I've officially started my boycott. This is the first year I haven't purchased NCAA since 2001 and I won't be buying it again until FCS teams are added.

ncman071
July 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM
yea me too. actually i bought the 08 version last year because a friend of mine told me FCS was in. well, the game lasted one night and was traded back in the next day.

never again.

patssle
July 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I don't understand why people buy these games every year. I bought NCAA Football 2008 because it was my first time to buy a console since the origional PS. No way in hell would I buy 09, regardless of whatever new or change is in it.

NorthernColorado
July 17th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Any new teams? Like UNC?

Interesting:
http://www.billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/catgriz/?p=554

Seems like they are saying no FCS teams are in it.

thmst30
July 17th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Interesting:
http://www.billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/catgriz/?p=554

Seems like they are saying no FCS teams are in it.
xrolleyesx Again, they are not in the 360/PS3 versions of the game. Only PS2 and Wii, but they are disrespected in every way possible on the PS2/Wii versions.

mtgrizfan4life
July 17th, 2008, 07:36 PM
All FCS fans, GO TO this website and post under this thread. We have a whole damn year to get it done for next year. I will be posting there soon.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/~utopia/utopia/showthread.php?t=58540

JetsLuvver
July 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
EA actually did a better job with FCS teams on the original Playstation. They all had their actual stadiums and an entire conference could be imported into Dynasty Mode. I don't remember, but I think the rosters and ratings for FCS were also done better on the PS1 games.

It was only three conferences (Ivy, MEAC, SWAC) back then, but at least they put some effort into it.

BBB
July 18th, 2008, 05:40 AM
EA actually did a better job with FCS teams on the original Playstation. They all had their actual stadiums and an entire conference could be imported into Dynasty Mode. I don't remember, but I think the rosters and ratings for FCS were also done better on the PS1 games.

It was only three conferences (Ivy, MEAC, SWAC) back then, but at least they put some effort into it.

The team ratings are definetely better. I played against a few FCS teams and it was NO Cakewalk by any stretch of the imagination. Hampton in particular was LOADED.

BBB
July 18th, 2008, 05:45 AM

The problem with that is that there are MILLIONS of FBS fans who WILL buy the game. Unless you can get THEM to boycott, I doubt EA Sports will be incline to move.

But believe me, the FCS teams that ARE there, have been updated. I'm playing a dynasty with Howard now and there are some difference, even Howard is good enough to play against some FBS teams.

Dude you should be able to wreck shop with a better team like Hampton (who blasted me the first time i played them) or a upper division squad like ASU, UD etc....

It sucks that ALL teams aren't on there. If there was a way to contact EA Sports, I'm all for writing a letter. I'd love to see NDSU (who by the way aren't on there even though they're in the Gateway along with SDSU) and several other teams in the game. With that beign said, they did do pretty good with the FCS teams.

mvemjsunpx
July 18th, 2008, 08:50 PM
The problem with that is that there are MILLIONS of FBS fans who WILL buy the game. Unless you can get THEM to boycott, I doubt EA Sports will be incline to move.

But believe me, the FCS teams that ARE there, have been updated. I'm playing a dynasty with Howard now and there are some difference, even Howard is good enough to play against some FBS teams.

Dude you should be able to wreck shop with a better team like Hampton (who blasted me the first time i played them) or a upper division squad like ASU, UD etc....

It sucks that ALL teams aren't on there. If there was a way to contact EA Sports, I'm all for writing a letter. I'd love to see NDSU (who by the way aren't on there even though they're in the Gateway along with SDSU) and several other teams in the game. With that beign said, they did do pretty good with the FCS teams.

Are you talking about the PS2/Wii version?

mtgrizfan4life
July 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
All FCS fans, GO TO this website and post under this thread. We have a whole damn year to get it done for next year. I will be posting there soon.

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/~utopia/utopia/showthread.php?t=58540

Everyone, Please post on this site regarding FCS football. It has some momentum going for it.

raginram
July 18th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Are you talking about the PS2/Wii version?

I thought he was talking about these:

http://www.juegomania.org/NCAA+Football+99/foto/psone/1/1029/1029_c.jpg/Foto+NCAA+Football+99.jpg

http://www.juegomania.org/NCAA+Football+2000/foto/psone/1/1026/1026_c.jpg/Foto+NCAA+Football+2000

mvemjsunpx
July 18th, 2008, 10:19 PM
I thought he was talking about these:

http://www.juegomania.org/NCAA+Football+99/foto/psone/1/1029/1029_c.jpg/Foto+NCAA+Football+99.jpg

http://www.juegomania.org/NCAA+Football+2000/foto/psone/1/1026/1026_c.jpg/Foto+NCAA+Football+2000

No, I think BBB was referring to this year since he said this:

But believe me, the FCS teams that ARE there, have been updated.

thmst30
July 18th, 2008, 11:46 PM
This years PS2/Wii. Also hardly updated, I heard Armanti isn't even on Appalachian's roster.

JetsLuvver
July 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
I was the one who brought up the old school Playstation titles. EA used to put some effort into these things.

Considering the number of Great West/Big South schools that are turning up on FBS teams' schedules in addition to the usual suspects from the CAA/MVC/SoCon/OVC/BigSky/SLC, I would think they would try to get all the FCS into the game, if only to keep the scheduling accurate.

ericsaid
July 20th, 2008, 02:31 PM
This years PS2/Wii. Also hardly updated, I heard Armanti isn't even on Appalachian's roster.

He is with an overall of 85. K Rich is on there too and his overall is 82. Then Tim Washington Anthony Williams and Gary Tharringtons overalls are all 80.

I simulated a game and App beat Notre Dame 38-14. Which is without any mods to the roster. App on the old games would get blown out like 50 to zip. So there are improvements.

thmst30
July 20th, 2008, 02:58 PM
He is with an overall of 85. K Rich is on there too and his overall is 82. Then Tim Washington Anthony Williams and Gary Tharringtons overalls are all 80.

I simulated a game and App beat Notre Dame 38-14. Which is without any mods to the roster. App on the old games would get blown out like 50 to zip. So there are improvements.
Really? I haven't heard that at all. Are you sure you didn't download a roster, because I would be beyond shocked if they actually gave an FCS player a rating higher than 70. Still though, leaving them out of PS3/360 for 3 straight years is BS. What system are you playing? PS2 or Wii, and do they have the updated jerseys yet?

ericsaid
July 20th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Really? I haven't heard that at all. Are you sure you didn't download a roster, because I would be beyond shocked if they actually gave an FCS player a rating higher than 70. Still though, leaving them out of PS3/360 for 3 straight years is BS. What system are you playing? PS2 or Wii, and do they have the updated jerseys yet?

I have a playstation 2,so it doesnt connet to the internet as soon as I get on. So i'm positive I didn't download any rosters. They had the updated jerseys in 08'.

Appaholic69
July 20th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Monte got my vote!

TexasTerror
July 20th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Can someone give feedback on the Wii version...? I'm trying to figure out still if I am interested in keeping Madden on the PS2 or getting it for my Wii...

mvemjsunpx
July 20th, 2008, 04:28 PM

Actually, in past versions, they did give several FCS/I-AA players 80+ ratings. The problem was that they typically only did that for the impact players while giving everyone else a 50-something rating. From what ericsaid & BBB are saying, though, it sounds like the FCS teams (in the versions that have them) are more balanced & realistically rated.

futurebluehenwr19
July 20th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Can someone give feedback on the Wii version...? I'm trying to figure out still if I am interested in keeping Madden on the PS2 or getting it for my Wii...
If you want cartoon graphics, 5 fumbles a quarter, and underrated FCS teams, it's the game for you.

4zach2b
July 20th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I wish they had FCS teams, or at least create-a-team. Then I could do my best to create the FCS teams. lol xnodx

TSUalum05
July 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
I'm not a fan of NCAA Football games anymore. These games have been horible ever since they've come out with the PS3 version. I rented it this week and I'm about to take that bad boy back...Last year I made the mistake and bought the PS3 version without playing it.

4zach2b
July 21st, 2008, 03:52 PM
Well... I think the games are sweet!

thmst30
July 21st, 2008, 07:03 PM
http://kotaku.com/5026972/ncaa-football-09-has-a-****load-of-problems
http://www.pastapadre.com/2785/online-dynasty-disaster

Glad I passed on it again this year.

mvemjsunpx
July 21st, 2008, 07:50 PM

This is what, the third year of next-gen NCAA Football games? And the PS2 versions are still better?

4zach2b
July 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
I definetly love the XBOX 360 version better than anything else!!!

matt01621
July 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
I definetly love the XBOX 360 version better than anything else!!!
Yeah I like it a lot too....even though there aren't any fcs teams. It's a lot like last years though, except for the fact you can easily get all of the players names in now.

4zach2b
July 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM
Yeah I like it a lot too....even though there aren't any fcs teams. It's a lot like last years though, except for the fact you can easily get all of the players names in now.

I agree. Its so nice how easy it is to get players names!

minuteman65
July 22nd, 2008, 08:35 PM

Passing on it is quickly becoming a no-brainer. I recently bought '08 for 360, solely because it was on clearance at Target for $15. It's an OK game, but it's not really worth much more.

I will only ever buy another copy of the series if they add FCS or Create-a-Team to next-gen.

bench
July 23rd, 2008, 12:26 AM
Maybe my expectations were too low from the start, but I've been pleasantly surprised. Defensive backs aren't as stupid and inept as they've been since the mid-90's, which is my main gripe with the series. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing my corner still in a backpedal on a running play when the back is seven yards past the line of scrimmage. They'll actually pick off a pass when any decent DB would make the play in real life, which is a total shock. Running quarterbacks have been detuned to the point that they don't completely break the game.

Overall, compared to past years it feels like the adjustments I make have an impact on how the game turns out. A friend likes to run option and QB roll-outs into possible scrambles - DE Contain stops it. Another prefers short crossing routes - Cover 2 limits what he gets. I like going deep, and if they run Cover 2 Man I can't heave it into double coverage without getting it picked off. You can take away what your opponent likes to do, and on offense it forces you to take what you're given.

Peems
July 23rd, 2008, 12:49 AM
I bought 08' for the 360 around January/Feb for a good price and just did dynasty and have been going ever since. Once you get to 2012 or so it doesn't even matter what game you have. I'll be sticking with '08 for awhile