Oct. 4 Cornell
Oct. 11 Fordham
Oct. 18 at Harvard
Oct. 25 at Holy Cross

Nov. 1 at Georgetown
Nov. 8 Colgate
Nov. 15 Bucknell
Nov. 22 at Lafayette--the 144th Meeting

Solid schedule if Drake is indeed the opening game. If Lehigh can develop a QB in time for the season there's reason to think they should back to 7-4, 8-3 similiar to Colgate last year.

ngineer
February 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Solid schedule if Drake is indeed the opening game. If Lehigh can develop a QB in time for the season there's reason to think they should back to 7-4, 8-3 similiar to Colgate last year.

Obviously, we're shooting in the dark here in February. As of right now I see only 4 games where we would be considered "favorites" (Drake, Cornell, Georgetown and Bucknell), 6 games that I view as "toss ups", and one game as a clear underdog (Villanova). So there is a great range of possibilities going into 2008..BTW--Spring Brown & White Game is April 19 in Goodman Stadium.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 16th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Obviously, we're shooting in the dark here in February. As of right now I see only 4 games where we would be considered "favorites" (Drake, Cornell, Georgetown and Bucknell), 6 games that I view as "toss ups", and one game as a clear underdog (Villanova). So there is a great range of possibilities going into 2008..BTW--Spring Brown & White Game is April 19 in Goodman Stadium.

I think we'd be favorites against Princeton as well.
Toss-ups would be Fordham home, Colgate home and Lafayette.
Underdog against Holy Cross, Harvard and 'Nova.

No matter what another 5-6 is not acceptable. Even 6-5 would be a dissapointment. There's still enough talent on this team that good coaching should be able to get 7 wins.

TheValleyRaider
February 17th, 2008, 12:41 AM
Pretty tough road schedule. Trips to Nova, Princeton and Harvard, plus HC and Lafayette in League play. The trip to Drake should be fun, as should be getting Fordham and Colgate at Goodman. Don't sleep on Cornell either, although they really seem to be a different team outside of Ithaca

Hoyadestroya85
February 17th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I'm looking forward to September 13th

carney2
February 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Great job by Joe Sterrett! He had a problem when Liberty bowed out of their commitment and could have combed through the usual list of suspects to come up with a replacement. ("Let's speed dial up the Ivies and see if we can get a game. No? How about Kutztown or Marist?") Drake isn't one of the big kids in FCS football, and they don't play in one of the high visibility conferences, but this game points the League in a new direction and is not the same old, same old scheduling. Something more to look forward to.

ngineer
February 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Great job by Joe Sterrett! He had a problem when Liberty bowed out of their commitment and could have combed through the usual list of suspects to come up with a replacement. ("Let's speed dial up the Ivies and see if we can get a game. No? How about Kutztown or Marist?") Drake isn't one of the big kids in FCS football, and they don't play in one of the high visibility conferences, but this game points the League in a new direction and is not the same old, same old scheduling. Something more to look forward to.

I agree it's and intriguing game with the 'intersectional' difference that we yearn for and don't get enough. Lehigh will return the visit in 2010. I was hoping we weren't going to dial down to a D-II team to fill that void, and I now Joe wouldn't want to go in that direction. Several years ago we were to play Drake, but for some reason that go changed--perhaps when we went up Buffalo. With Fordham having played Dayton, this gives some more contact between the Patriot and the Pioneer.