PDA

View Full Version : From Alabama to Harvard. Great story...

Eyes of Old Main
February 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I saw this on Yahoo yesterday and thought it was an excellent description of the way many FCS schools reach out to the students they recruit. Great story...

From Alabama to Harvard, a tale of an odd recruiting journey

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-bamatoharvard&prov=ap&type=lgns

Cleets
February 16th, 2008, 06:18 PM
xlolx

"I couldn't think of a reason not to go to Harvard," he told coach Hall.

We've heard it all since Alan committed to Harvard: everything from "Congratulations!" to "They'll turn him into a liberal" and "It's too cold up there." He can think for himself, and we've already bought him a heavy coat and snow boots from L.L. Bean.

And they will turn him into a Liberal but if he's persistent in his inquiry - searching his soul - and applying sensible logic to complex issues... he'll be a Conservative Liberal and eventually Like me "A Communist Pink-o Left wing Nut Job"

God Bless America.... xbawlingx

401ks
February 16th, 2008, 06:20 PM
"They'll turn him into a liberal"

That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long, long time! xlolx xlolx xlolx

bonarae
February 16th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Nice read!

xlolx

Cocky
February 16th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm from Alabama and you would be a fool to turndown Harvard to go to UAT. I could understand choosing JSU but no other school in the state over Harvard.

As a side note, my nephew drew some early interest (not any kind of offer but didn't pursue the interest) from Harvard but choose Auburn. I still give him hell for the decision.

Cleets
February 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I'm from Alabama and you would be a fool to turndown Harvard to go to UAT. I could understand choosing JSU but no other school in the state over Harvard.

As a side note, my nephew drew some early interest (not any kind of offer but didn't pursue the interest) from Harvard but choose Auburn. I still give him hell for the decision.

The girls at Auburn are way better looking than the girls at Harvard...(in general)
one of my buddies who lives in Atlanta is an Auburn grad and we go down to a few games a year in Auburn (Yikes..!!!!) xbowx

Ivytalk
February 17th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Note the phrase "any given Saturday" is in the article!:D Gotta keep those QBs coming!

Cocky
February 17th, 2008, 06:36 PM
The girls at Auburn are way better looking than the girls at Harvard...(in general)
one of my buddies who lives in Atlanta is an Auburn grad and we go down to a few games a year in Auburn (Yikes..!!!!) xbowx

Go to Ole Miss if you are looking for women.

Go...gate
February 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Great article. Like the reference to FCS football as "more collegiate". Amen.