PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State Schedule Update

TxSt02
February 15th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Jackson State and Delaware State backed out of their games but NSU just added Grambling...

This is what it looks like:
8-30 Open for Now (was jackson state)
9-6 @Baylor
9-13 Open
9-20 Cal Poly
9-27 Southeastern Oklahoma
10-4 Grambling State
10-11 Nicholls State
10-18 @ SE Louisiana
10-25 Sam Houston
11-1 @ Texas State
11-8 @ Central Arkansas
11-15 McNeese State
11-22 @ Stephen F. Austin

TexasTerror
February 15th, 2008, 08:29 PM
NWST was able to add Grambling at home?!?

Nice! Great add for the Demons...like the schedule!

Why'd JSU and Del St back out?

TxSt02
February 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
NWST was able to add Grambling at home?!?

Nice! Great add for the Demons...like the schedule!

Why'd JSU and Del St back out?

JSU is in a MEAC challenge in Orlando... can't remember the team that they are playing. It will be on espn.

Del State had an oversight and double booked the Demons when they already had a conference game...

MACHIAVELLI
February 15th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Jackson State and Delaware State backed out of their games but NSU just added Grambling...

This is what it looks like:
8-30 Open for Now (was jackson state)
9-6 @Baylor
9-13 Open
9-20 Cal Poly
10-4 Grambling State
10-11 Nicholls State
10-18 @ SE Louisiana
10-25 Sam Houston
11-1 @ Texas State
11-8 @ Central Arkansas
11-15 McNeese State
11-22 @ Stephen F. Austin

THE ICON plays Prairie View on OCT. 4th.

Seat16Demon
February 17th, 2008, 08:56 PM
JSU is in a MEAC challenge in Orlando... can't remember the team that they are playing. It will be on espn.

Del State had an oversight and double booked the Demons when they already had a conference game...

Double-booked?? How in the world do you do that? Somebody fell asleep at the wheel.

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2008, 10:11 PM

Wait...did you just say that Delaware State double-booked the Demons on the day of a conference game?

Double-booked?? How in the world do you do that? Somebody fell asleep at the wheel.

This is nothing new.

Ask UAPB. They did this a few years ago...

Southern did it in baseball this coming spring with one of their high-profile games (not sure how they scheduled another foe on the same date as a game against LSU)...

Not sure how they pull this off...another school that did this was Alabama St or Alabama A&M -- can't recall which, but apparently a contract came out of nowhere on a football game. No institutional control of anything there...too many people all over the contracts...

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 17th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Wait...did you just say that Delaware State double-booked the Demons on the day of a conference game?

This is nothing new.

Ask UAPB. They did this a few years ago...

Southern did it in baseball this coming spring with one of their high-profile games (not sure how they scheduled another foe on the same date as a game against LSU)...

Not sure how they pull this off...another school that did this was Alabama St or Alabama A&M -- can't recall which, but apparently a contract came out of nowhere on a football game. No institutional control of anything there...too many people all over the contracts...
If one doesn't know all details behind these situations one should keep his big mouth shut. xlolx

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
If one doesn't know all details behind these situations one should keep his big mouth shut. xlolx

One does know the details. Both schools announced the game on a certain date on their schedule a few months back. Southern contacts one of the schools in January and informs them that they double-booked and need to move it...how hard can it be?

The other situations, I can not speak to. I'd assume the Delaware St situation is on the MEAC. Did the MEAC not release the schedule in time? The conference schedule should be set early, especially since they now play nine games and there are only two weeks to get those OOC dates in...

mikebigg
February 18th, 2008, 04:40 AM
THE ICON plays Prairie View on OCT. 4th.

No way does this one get moved...

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 07:13 AM
One does know the details. Both schools announced the game on a certain date on their schedule a few months back. Southern contacts one of the schools in January and informs them that they double-booked and need to move it...how hard can it be?

The other situations, I can not speak to. I'd assume the Delaware St situation is on the MEAC. Did the MEAC not release the schedule in time? The conference schedule should be set early, especially since they now play nine games and there are only two weeks to get those OOC dates in...
You mean the same way the mighty MEAC booked a conference game for FAMU the same day they were scheduled to come to Baton Rouge? Two double bookings? I guess that just isn't a SWAC problem.

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2008, 08:07 AM
You mean the same way the mighty MEAC booked a conference game for FAMU the same day they were scheduled to come to Baton Rouge? Two double bookings? I guess that just isn't a SWAC problem.

What's the deal with the MEAC and their conference slate? Do you know something about it, perhaps a late release of the schedule on their part? Sure does not make the job of those ADs easy in the MEAC...

813Jag
February 18th, 2008, 08:08 AM
What's the deal with the MEAC and their conference slate? Do you know something about it, perhaps a late release of the schedule on their part? Sure does not make the job of those ADs easy in the MEAC...
They went to 9 games with the addition of Winston Salem.

MACHIAVELLI
February 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM
No way does this one get moved...

Sept. 13th

McNeese75
February 18th, 2008, 08:22 PM
OK, so what is the final verdict? is NW State vs Grambling on or off?

TexasTerror
February 18th, 2008, 08:56 PM
OK, so what is the final verdict? is NW State vs Grambling on or off?

TxSt02 is a very reliable source of information, so I'm a bit confused...unless Grambling double-booked them ala Delaware State...

Jackson St had to pay $50,000 to get out of the game against NWST.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
TxSt02 is a very reliable source of information, so I'm a bit confused...unless Grambling double-booked them ala Delaware State...

There you go again opening your big mouth and not knowing whats going on.

mikebigg
February 19th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Sept. 13th

Thanks Mach... I noticed it back on TSPN. That gives us 3 games in North La to open the season. We open the home schedule against Alcorn, travel the short trip to Natchitoches, then return home to play JSU. I should be able to make all three of those and get back to BR for Sunday morning services. I love it!!!!

BgJag
February 19th, 2008, 08:22 AM
......and get back to BR for Sunday morning services. I love it!!!!

Mike didn't know the gentlemen club was open on Sunday morning. :D xpeacex

mikebigg
February 19th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Mike didn't know the gentlemen club was open on Sunday morning. :D xpeacex

"See there you go bringing up old stuff" xlolx xlolx xlolx

Trying to do better in 08... even making arrangements to pay off old betting debts.xthumbsupx

TxSt02
March 11th, 2008, 10:28 AM
UPDATE

8-30 Texas A&M-Commerce
9-6 at Baylor
9-13 Grambling State
9-20 Cal Poly
10-4 OPEN
10-11 Nicholls State
10-18 at Southeastern LA
10-25 Sam Houston State (Homecoming)
11-1 at Texas State
11-8 at Central Arkansas
11-15 McNeese State
11-22 at Stephen F. Austin

jstate83
March 11th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Jackson State didn't pay the buyout.
Since we were ready to play N'Western, the sponser's/promoter's paid the buyout to N'Western for JSU so we could play in the game down in Orlando.
The sponser's paid so it's all good on JSU's end. xnodx

JSU is who they wanted and they did what they had to do to get us.