PDA

View Full Version : Tribe rights the ship.

Tribe4SF
September 24th, 2005, 06:01 PM
W&M played well in all phases of the game except punting, cruising past Liberty 56-0. The punting team can be excused, because they never had to take the field.

635 yards of offense/ 335 rushing/ 300 passing.

145 yards on defense/ -6 rushing/ 151 passing.

Only possessions on which the Tribe did not score were a 39 yd. missed FG on their first possession, and a fumble at the Liberty 2 in the second half.

Attendance was 11,741, within 500 of a sellout.

soweagle
September 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Good balance of rushing and passing.

Tod
September 24th, 2005, 06:21 PM
W&M played well in all phases of the game except punting, cruising past Liberty 56-0. The punting team can be excused, because they never had to take the field.

635 yards of offense/ 335 rushing/ 300 passing.

145 yards on defense/ -6 rushing/ 151 passing.

Only possessions on which the Tribe did not score were a 39 yd. missed FG on their first possession, and a fumble at the Liberty 2 in the second half.

Attendance was 11,741, within 500 of a sellout.

hee hee, that's funny. :D :D Good game. Congrats.

Tribe4SF
September 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM
Interesting development for the Tribe, as Trevor McLaurin has switched from RB to LB. Had 3 unassisted tackles today.

IaaScribe
September 24th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Tribe, enjoyed the gameday atmosphere at Zable and the quaint relic of a press box (not being snide, thought it had character).

Wireless in the press box a bonus, too. :nod:

I don't think there's a worse scholarship Division I team in the country than Liberty. Though apparently W&M and LU are in talks to extend the series.

ChickenMan
September 24th, 2005, 10:22 PM
The truth is the Flames aren't really much of a test... this was the 3rd straight goose egg layed by poor ole Liberty. After W&M's bye next week... UNH comes a calling... then we will see if the Tribe's ship has plugged their leak.

Tribe4SF
September 24th, 2005, 10:27 PM
The Flames weren't a test at all, but it was good to see the Tribe play with some intensity after last week.

Tribe4SF
September 24th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Tribe, enjoyed the gameday atmosphere at Zable and the quaint relic of a press box (not being snide, thought it had character).

Wireless in the press box a bonus, too. :nod:

I don't think there's a worse scholarship Division I team in the country than Liberty. Though apparently W&M and LU are in talks to extend the series.

The press box is notorious. Hope there weren't any injuries in there.

Tribe fans will be disappointed if Liberty series continues. There's ongoing interest in a series with Hampton University.