PDA

View Full Version : SU/FAMU on hold...........

813Jag
February 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Looks like the four game series between SU/FAMU is on hold (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/15622637.html?showAll=y&c=y). The MEAC scheduled FAMU/Howard the same day the Rattlers were scheduled to come to Baton Rouge.

mikebigg
February 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Looks like the four game series between SU/FAMU is on hold (http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/15622637.html?showAll=y&c=y). The MEAC scheduled FAMU/Howard the same day the Rattlers were scheduled to come to Baton Rouge.

That's a lot of open dates to fill... I don't know if Grambling has filled all of it's open dates either. I hope we can get at least two state schools on our schedule this year. I had heard talk of a game in Shreveport against Northwestern (which I am in favor of). Perhaps we can get a neutral site game with Nichols or Southeastern in New Orleans (Tad Gormley). The other available date (for us), I would like to see a renewal of TnState or FAMU on our schedule...especially if one of them could be our homecoming game.

813, do you have any preferences as far as perspective opponents?

813Jag
February 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM
That's a lot of open dates to fill... I don't know if Grambling has filled all of it's open dates either. I hope we can get at least two state schools on our schedule this year. I had heard talk of a game in Shreveport against Northwestern (which I am in favor of). Perhaps we can get a neutral site game with Nichols or Southeastern in New Orleans (Tad Gormley). The other available date (for us), I would like to see a renewal of TnState or FAMU on our schedule...especially if one of them could be our homecoming game.

813, do you have any preferences as far as perspective opponents?
Me personally, I'm open to Southern playing a SLC or Southern Conference team. But at this stage in the game, it doesn't look good. I believe they're only playing 11 games instead of 12 and they want a home game to replace FAMU. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Anybody got any openings?

BgJag
February 14th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Perhaps we can get a neutral site game with Nichols or Southeastern in New Orleans (Tad Gormley). ?

That might be difficult, I know before Katrina Tad Gormley was used for high school games on Saturday.

mikebigg
February 14th, 2008, 10:13 AM
That might be difficult, I know before Katrina Tad Gormley was used for high school games on Saturday.

Yeah... I doubt if it's gonna happen because most of the North La folk prefer a game on that end of the state. I recall pre-Katrina that Tulane played Army at Gormley for Homecoming...but maybe since it was a day game it was worked out somehow.

I'm envious of you guys having TnState and FAMU on your schedule. Growing up, I always enjoyed when the Big Blue of TnState came to Gram... FAMU was an occassional opponent, but still it has the makings of a good rivalry. Not to the extent that yall have with them ---yall have played them more frequently and recently than we have.

Big Dawg
February 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM
The MEAC screwed us on this one.

SUjagTILLiDIE
February 16th, 2008, 07:48 PM
The MEAC screwed us on this one.

I heard its fixed or close to being fixed.xthumbsupx SU vs FAMU Oct.18 @ Mumford.

Big Dawg
February 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I heard its fixed or close to being fixed.xthumbsupx SU vs FAMU Oct.18 @ Mumford.

I hope so...I was planning on making my first trip to Baton Rouge this year.

I've always listened to FAMU and Southern games on the radio or seen them when SU has come to Bragg.