PDA

View Full Version : Youngstown State announces 2008 schedule

GoGuins
February 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/schedule.htm

Sat. Aug. 30 at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio Noon
Sat. Sept. 6 at South Dakota State* Brookings, S.D. 7 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 13 Central State Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 20 North Dakota State* Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 27 Liberty Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 4 at Southern Utah Cedar City, Utah TBA
Sat. Oct. 11 at Missouri State* Springfield, Mo. 2:30 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 18 Southern Illinois* Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 25 UNI* (HC) Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 1 at Illinois State* Normal, Ill. 2:30 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 8 Indiana State* Stambaugh Stadium 1 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 15 OPEN
Sat. Nov. 22 at Western Illinois* Macomb, Ill. 2:05 p.m.

FCS Go!
February 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM
That looks pretty rough! Typical Gateway though.

crunifan
February 13th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Youngstown scheduled UNI on Homecoming? Some fans are gonna have a sad Homecoming weekend after losing to the Panthers the 8th straight time. xlolx

Serious question though, did any of your home-aways get switched up with North Dakota State and South Dakota State coming in? UNI has to play at Western Illinois for a second straight year.

Tribe4SF
February 13th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Getting seven D-I wins with that schedule will be an achievement. Gateway teams now have it as tough in-conference as the CAA.

Johnny5
February 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Youngstown scheduled UNI on Homecoming? Some fans are gonna have a sad Homecoming weekend after losing to the Panthers the 8th straight time. xlolx

Serious question though, did any of your home-aways get switched up with North Dakota State and South Dakota State coming in? UNI has to play at Western Illinois for a second straight year.

I don't think so...at least not yet. Although it looks like we are going to have to figure out how to play on the road.

89Hen
February 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Good slate. 1 I-A, 1 DII, 12 games. Sure beats the way YSU used to schedule. xnodx

PantherRob82
February 13th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Good slate. 1 I-A, 1 DII, 12 games. Sure beats the way YSU used to schedule. xnodx

That Liberty game looks tough. ;)

Touchdown Yosef
February 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Getting seven D-I wins with that schedule will be an achievement. Gateway teams now have it as tough in-conference as the CAA.

Depends on which teams in the CAA have to play in a given year. It may be as tough as a Socon schedule though. Great schedule YSU good luck against OSU.

Husky Alum
February 13th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Is YSU still planning on returning to Boston in 2009 to play at Parsons?

GoGuins
February 13th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Is YSU still planning on returning to Boston in 2009 to play at Parsons?

Not sure but we do owe you one at some point

Mountain Panther
February 13th, 2008, 05:54 PM
http://www.ysu.edu/sports/football/schedule.htm

Sat. Aug. 30 at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio Noon
Sat. Sept. 6 at South Dakota State* Brookings, S.D. 7 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 13 Central State Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 20 North Dakota State* Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Sept. 27 Liberty Stambaugh Stadium 6 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 4 at Southern Utah Cedar City, Utah TBA
Sat. Oct. 11 at Missouri State* Springfield, Mo. 2:30 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 18 Southern Illinois* Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Oct. 25 UNI* (HC) Stambaugh Stadium 4 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 1 at Illinois State* Normal, Ill. 2:30 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 8 Indiana State* Stambaugh Stadium 1 p.m.
Sat. Nov. 15 OPEN
Sat. Nov. 22 at Western Illinois* Macomb, Ill. 2:05 p.m.

I thought Homecoming is supposed to be a sure win????

Just kidding....the game will be close as always. And who knows, YSU may break the "Farley Curse" this year.

GoGuins
February 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I thought Homecoming is supposed to be a sure win????

Just kidding....the game will be close as always. And who knows, YSU may break the "Farley Curse" this year.

I wouldn't bet on it;)

DetroitFlyer
February 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Well, another season and still no game between the only two FCS teams in the entire state of Ohio.... Odd how both Dayton and YSU will play Division II Central State in 2008, but they will not play each other. Come on Strollo and Kissel, get er done!!!!!

danefan
February 14th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Well, another season and still no game between the only two FCS teams in the entire state of Ohio.... Odd how both Dayton and YSU will play Division II Central State in 2008, but they will not play each other. Come on Strollo and Kissel, get er done!!!!!

Amen to that.

DF, do you think with Kelly gone that you guys will play more full scholly FCS teams?

Eight Legger
February 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
That's an ok schedule, but it could sure use a few more "State" opponents. . .

danefan
February 14th, 2008, 03:22 PM
That's an ok schedule, but it could sure use a few more "State" opponents. . .

Hey, 7 out of 10 aint bad.xsmiley_wix

Maybe they are making a statement about private school tuition?

I-AA Fan
February 14th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Depends on which teams in the CAA have to play in a given year. It may be as tough as a Socon schedule though. Great schedule YSU good luck against OSU.

you guys always crack me up. The GFC was easily as tough as the CAA at any time in it's history (except maybe when the GFC was a women's sports conference). The SoCon has been a three team league as long as I can remember. It is just that recently another team has surfaced ...while a traditional big-3 has dropped a little.

Remember, the GFC is (or was) the only conference to have all members (past and present) to go to the play-off. Historically, UNI, YSU, and WIU are as good as any team ever to play in the SoCon or CAA/A-10/Yankee. Although YSU has not held up their end recently. Recently, SIU WKU, and ILS have competed well. SIU & WKU have 8 play-off appearances & a title combined over the last 9 years. Missouri State/SMS and ISU had only short runs & MSU is coming on strong over the past couple years.

D1scout
February 14th, 2008, 06:48 PM

Tribe, I agree with you on this one!xnodx I would like to see Youngstown State play some top CAA teams as a part of their OOC schedule.:)

Cap'n Cat
February 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
4-8, 5-7 at best.

:(

bandl
February 15th, 2008, 08:26 AM
It's going to be tough to dig out of an 0-4 start to start the season... xsmhx

GoGuins
February 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM
4-8, 5-7 at best.

:(

I'm thinking 3-9 with wins over Indy St, Mizzou St, & UNI:)

Paladin1aa
February 15th, 2008, 12:44 PM
DAYTON ?? YSU has tried REPEATEDLY to schedule the Flyers, only to be turned DOWN every time. Since the Flyers average 2-3k per home game and YSU ranks consistently in the Top 10 with 13-16k per game, you would think that dangling big $$ in front of the Flyers would get them to bite ??xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

The only comment coming from Dayton every time we offer to play and PAY is................................................ .....NEVER !! xthumbsupx

Big , bad Flyers !!:D Yellow is a Dayton color !!xnodx

stuperman17
February 15th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Its a very tough schedule, but i actually see us making the playoffs this season. Winning the GFC, i dont know, but playoffs i think are deffinately within our sights. 8-4 with this schedule might be enough.

D1scout
February 18th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Its a very tough schedule, but i actually see us making the playoffs this season. Winning the GFC, i dont know, but playoffs i think are deffinately within our sights. 8-4 with this schedule might be enough.

Stuperman, going 8-4 in the Gateway surely is better than Dayton going 11-1 in their schedule. xnodx If an argument can be made for Dayton, then definitely YSU should make it with the difficulty of their schedule.:)