PDA

View Full Version : Glanville going after the "infamous" Hart?

Lehigh Football Nation
February 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Weird!

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=title-7&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Could this be true: that Jerry Glanville at Portland State has contacted Fernley HS to request tape on the now-infamous recruit who “made up” the story about commiting to Cal complete with high-school signing-day party?

Fernley (Nev.) High School offensive lineman Kevin Hart picks up a California hat to signify the college football choice he never really had.

The sordid saga of Kevin Hart, the Fernley, Nev., offensive lineman who fabricated his recruitment — replete with announcing his “choice” of California over Oregon at a school assembly last week — continues. And if the latest twist materializes, he could play against Arizona State in 2010.

A Portland television station has reported that Portland State recently contacted Fernley High to request footage of Hart, a 6-foot-5, 290-pounder who apparently was not recruited by anybody.

walliver
February 11th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Will Elvis be at the signing?

Syntax Error
February 11th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Weird!

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=title-7&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1Could be a new trend in getting noticed.

Eaglegus2
February 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
If it works for the guy it was a good move.xnodx xwhistlex

brownbear
February 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
They should have another signing ceremony at the high school, and Glanville should attend to show everyone that the kid didn't make this one up too.

I can picture the whole crowd of students laughing and booing at Hart.

CopperCat
February 11th, 2008, 09:57 PM
They should have another signing ceremony at the high school, and Glanville should attend to show everyone that the kid didn't make this one up too.

I can picture the whole crowd of students laughing and booing at Hart.

Yeah, like Portland State is really on the same level as Cal.xrolleyesx

Why anybody would ever fake their signing day is beyond me. The kid clearly has an ego problem. Then again, he might fit in perfectly with Glanville......xwhistlex

grizband
February 11th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah, like Portland State is really on the same level as Cal.xrolleyesx

Why anybody would ever fake their signing day is beyond me. The kid clearly has an ego problem. Then again, he might fit in perfectly with Glanville......xwhistlex
Either that or some serious self esteem issues.

Casey_Orourke
February 13th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I am all for giving second chances and from what I have read all the PSU coaching staff has requested are tapes of the kid.

I feel that if he shows some promise he can be asked to enroll at PSU then asked to try out as a walk on and EARN a spot on tne roster. If he proves to be a good enough during his freshman year, then he could be offered a scholarship at a later date as one comes available. If he turns out to be lousy player he'll be cut, end of career as a football player.

proasu89
February 13th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I am all for giving second chances and from what I have read all the PSU coaching staff has requested are tapes of the kid.

I feel that if he shows some promise he can be asked to enroll at PSU then asked to try out as a walk on and EARN a spot on tne roster. If he proves to be a good enough during his freshman year, then he could be offered a scholarship at a later date as one comes available. If he turns out to be lousy player he'll be cut, end of career as a football player.

That first day of practice should be fun. I'm sure the scholarship players at PSU wouldn't give him a hard time.xeyebrowx

CopperCat
February 13th, 2008, 04:57 PM
That first day of practice should be fun. I'm sure the scholarship players at PSU wouldn't give him a hard time.xeyebrowx

And that's what I'm getting at. When a player has a a reputation that has nothing to do with his playing ability when he shows up to the first day of practice, that isn't a good thing. Yes, the rest of the team is going to think that this kid is a complete jackass, but maybe he can earn his keep and make a name for himself.

already123
February 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
xthumbsupx doesnt matter where the kid goes...he is screwed

his best bet is to play ball overseasxthumbsupx

aust42
February 13th, 2008, 07:59 PM
This kid has some sort of dillusional mental disorder. I didn't think anyone would consider this kid after his fake press conference debacle. Maybe Gerry Glanville just wants the publicity for PSU.