PDA

View Full Version : WCU Announces Football Start Times for 2008 Home Games

The Cats
February 11th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Western Carolina Announces Football Start Times for 2008 Home Games

Catamounts to play two home night games, including a Thursday night opener

Feb. 11, 2008

Cullowhee, N.C. - Western Carolina today released the start times for the upcoming 2008 season of Catamount Football at E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field. The first two home dates will kickoff under the lights, with the remaining four home games scheduled to again begin at 1:00 pm. (All times are subject to change)....

www.CatamountSports.com.

2008 Western Carolina Football Home Schedule:

Thurs., Aug. 28 - vs. Shorter College - 7:00 pm
Sat., Sept. 13 - vs. Liberty - 6:00 pm
Sat., Oct. 4 - vs. Samford * (Homecoming 2008) - 1:00 pm
Sat., Oct. 25 - vs. Georgia Southern * (Family Weekend) - 1:00 pm
Sat., Nov. 1 - vs. Chattanooga * (Hall of Fame Weekend) - 1:00 pm
Sat. Nov. 22 - vs. Appalachian State * (Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) - 1:00 pm

AshevilleApp2
February 11th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Western Carolina Announces Football Start Times for 2008 Home Games

Catamounts to play two home night games, including a Thursday night opener

Feb. 11, 2008

Cullowhee, N.C. - Western Carolina today released the start times for the upcoming 2008 season of Catamount Football at E.J. Whitmire Stadium/Bob Waters Field. The first two home dates will kickoff under the lights, with the remaining four home games scheduled to again begin at 1:00 pm. (All times are subject to change).

Western has yet to secure the starting times for its six road contests.

WCU will open the Dennis Wagner era with the return of a pre-Labor Day Weekend tradition by hosting Shorter College at 7:00 pm on Thursday, Aug. 28. The only other home date to be contested under the lights will come two weeks later as Western entertains Big South foe, Liberty, at 6:00 pm in Cullowhee.

The remaining four home dates will all kickoff at 1:00 pm.

New Southern Conference foe, Samford, visits Cullowhee on Homecoming 2008, on Sat., Oct. 4, with the Georgia Southern Eagles flying into Whitmire Stadium/Waters Field three weeks later on Family Weekend (Sat., Oct. 25). Western will honor its 2008 Hall of Fame induction class on Sat., Nov. 1 against the Chattanooga Mocs, with the regular-season finale pitting the arch-rival Appalachian State Mountaineers against the Catamounts in the annual "Battle for the Old Mountain Jug" on Sat., Nov. 22

The football buzz continues next week as area fans can meet Coach Wagner and the new WCU Coaching Staff at Nick & Nate's in downtown Sylva on Tuesday, Feb. 19. The event runs from 5:00 pm until 8:00 pm.

Spring drills for the returning Catamounts begins on Monday, March 31 and will culminate with the annual Spring Game on Saturday, April 19th at Whitmire Stadium/Waters Field in Cullowhee.

For Western Carolina Football season ticket information, call (800) 34-GOWCU, or visit us online at www.CatamountSports.com.

2008 Western Carolina Football Home Schedule:

Thurs., Aug. 28 - vs. Shorter College - 7:00 pm
Sat., Sept. 13 - vs. Liberty - 6:00 pm
Sat., Oct. 4 - vs. Samford * (Homecoming 2008) - 1:00 pm
Sat., Oct. 25 - vs. Georgia Southern * (Family Weekend) - 1:00 pm
Sat., Nov. 1 - vs. Chattanooga * (Hall of Fame Weekend) - 1:00 pm
Sat. Nov. 22 - vs. Appalachian State * (Battle for the Old Mountain Jug) - 1:00 pm

To quote you. "Who Cares?" xsmiley_wix

Sly Fox
February 11th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I do. A night game may limit some of our fans from making the roadie to Cullowhee. But perhaps we'll swing some television out of it.

AshevilleApp2
February 11th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I do. A night game may limit some of our fans from making the roadie to Cullowhee. But perhaps we'll swing some television out of it.

Liberty-maybe-outside chance.
Shorter College-Never

The Cats
February 11th, 2008, 04:36 PM
To quote you. "Who Cares?" xsmiley_wix

You may come November.

catamount man
February 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Not a fan of 1pm games. Still too dang hot in Cullowhee for the Samford game.

Ga.Southern, UTC, and ASU, I hope, will be picked up for tv about the 3:30 time slot or later.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

sportsnut17
February 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Do not understand why so many 1pm starts. It is hot in Cullowhee in the fall. 3:30 or 4pm starts would be much better.

catamount man
February 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Do not understand why so many 1pm starts. It is hot in Cullowhee in the fall. 3:30 or 4pm starts would be much better.

You ain't kidding. Of course, the post game tailgates will be a little cooler and we can actually have some decent time to hang around. Ed Bradley ALWAYS has a rocking tailgate in the Stadium Lot. Lots of cold beer, Bocephus, and AC/DC.

love it!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

proasu89
February 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM
You ain't kidding. Of course, the post game tailgates will be a little cooler and we can actually have some decent time to hang around. Ed Bradley ALWAYS has a rocking tailgate in the Stadium Lot. Lots of cold beer, Bocephus, and AC/DC.

love it!!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Ed's a great guy. BTW, 3:30 starts for us have been great. Wouldn't mind going to 2:30 come November, but overall 3:30 gives many families with Saturday sport commitments time to play ball in the morning and still make the game.

appfan2008
February 12th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I am just glad the asu game is not later in the evening bc 2 years ago it was and we had that horific downpour and then i had to go to walmart in sylva and buy new clothes for the ride home because i was so wet and cold so a 1pm start in mid to late november works just fine for me

catamount man
February 12th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I am just glad the asu game is not later in the evening bc 2 years ago it was and we had that horific downpour and then i had to go to walmart in sylva and buy new clothes for the ride home because i was so wet and cold so a 1pm start in mid to late november works just fine for me

The Cullowhee monsoon. Yes, my soaked undies and a 22 point to loss to you guys was not how I was looking to spend my afternoon. I was so shriveled that day I couldn't have pleased a mouse. xeekx :o xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
February 12th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ed's a great guy. BTW, 3:30 starts for us have been great. Wouldn't mind going to 2:30 come November, but overall 3:30 gives many families with Saturday sport commitments time to play ball in the morning and still make the game.

Ed is one of a kind and knows his football, but when you're a member of the SB winning Steelers of the 70s, ya gotta know something. Hope Jeff gets his shot at the pros.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Eyes of Old Main
February 12th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Shorter College-Never

You know you can throw the records out when those two get together.

SoCon48
February 12th, 2008, 11:08 PM
The Cullowhee monsoon. Yes, my soaked undies and a 22 point to loss to you guys was not how I was looking to spend my afternoon. I was so shriveled that day I couldn't have pleased a mouse. xeekx :o xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

I took my grandson and we were soaked thru and thru plus having to drive all the way back to the Asheville Airport Comfort Suites just to dry off and change clothes. He refused several ops to leave early.
Never one complaint..but he was afraid that I would catch my death of cold.

AshevilleApp2
February 13th, 2008, 07:34 AM
You may come November.

Hey, I always care. I've been to the last two cames at the 'Whee. The loss and the win when your student section left at halftime. Remember?