PDA

View Full Version : Prairie View 2008 Signees

Panther88
February 9th, 2008, 09:01 AM
There were a couple of frosh we outrecruited tcu, baylor, smu, and uofh over. Discuss. :)

------------------------------------------------------
Deon Jones
DT
6-1
Garland, Texas
North Garland

Damon Grant
LB
6-1
San Antonio, Texas
Robert Cole

Anthony Wilson
OL
6-2
Flower Mound, Texas
Flower Mound

Langston Patterson
OL
6-2
Houston, Texas
Langham Creek

Elton Holmes
LB
6-0
Bryan, Texas
Bryan

Randle Cole
OL
6-2
Katy, Texas
James E. Taylor

Ryan Love
DT
6-1
Houston, Texas
Langham Creek

Christopher Stanley
OL
6-3
Jacksonville, Fla.
Sandalwood

Antonio Morales
OL
6-2
Galena Park, Texas
Galena Park

Spencer Nelson
ATH
5-9
Jonesboro, Ga.
Lovejoy

Marquis Hollie
ATH
5-9
San Antonio, Texas
Earl Warren

Joshua Mack
LB
6-3
Visalia, Calif.
College of Seqouias

Anthony Banks
OL
6-1
Baton Rouge, La.
Glen Oaks

Dwayne Chappell
DL
6-1
Washington, D.C.
Dunbar

Charles Alston Jr.
DE
6-4
Visalia, Calif.
College of Seqouias

Russell Ball
RB
5-9
La Marque, Texas
Florida State

Jermaine Bluford
OL
6-3
Compton, Calif.
Compton CC

Leighland Koonce
WR
6-2
San Diego, Calif.
St. Augustine

Duriel Harris
WR
6-5
Channelview, Texas
Channelview

Thaddeus Wesley
OL
6-4
Houston, Texas
Nimitz

MACHIAVELLI
February 9th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Russell Ball
RB
5-9
La Marque, Texas
Florida State

I heard this kid is the gospel.

Panther88
February 9th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I heard this kid is the gospel.

His father exclusively owns the fastest united states' high school 100m record. :| Hopefully the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. From what I understand, fsu recruited him to be a "scat back." Hopefully he'll pan out in the backfield as well as I understand he's had some injuries (groin, etc). I think this is the first time in eons PV has ever shown potential speed in the backfield w/ a rotation. xreadx (Boyd, Babers, Ball, Weeden?) True <4.4 guys. xthumbsupx

According to Track and Field News, the American high school record in the 100 meters is held by Derrick Florence of Ball High School in Galveston, Texas at a time of 10.13 seconds run in 1986.

TexasTerror
February 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Panther88,

Not seeing any Houston ISD kids.

Saw Southern had two from Houston Madison, but surprised no other SWAC school (not even PV and TxSo) had kids from Houston ISD. What's the deal with that? The talent not there?

Panther88
February 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Panther88,

Not seeing any Houston ISD kids.

Saw Southern had two from Houston Madison, but surprised no other SWAC school (not even PV and TxSo) had kids from Houston ISD. What's the deal with that? The talent not there?

I'm not 101% certain TT. IMO, it seems as if the "power" shift has moved to the suburban schools. Not saying that there's no talent in HISD but... the PV coaches had a need and they went out and secured what they felt like was necessary for certain positions.

Lastly, lol yep, I sort of got word (while on campus a few weeks ago) from some "PV" folx ;) that the SHSU/PVU affair is being close to a done deal. Until word is in print regarding it, I'm mute on the subject.

Go...gate
February 10th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Looks like you got some size and quickness! xthumbsupx

already123
February 11th, 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not 101% certain TT. IMO, it seems as if the "power" shift has moved to the suburban schools. Not saying that there's no talent in HISD but... the PV coaches had a need and they went out and secured what they felt like was necessary for certain positions.

Lastly, lol yep, I sort of got word (while on campus a few weeks ago) from some "PV" folx ;) that the SHSU/PVU affair is being close to a done deal. Until word is in print regarding it, I'm mute on the subject.

I agree, however I am not 100% sure that is the reason either. As I look at houston area football now, its apparent that the suburbs (including katy) are the teams that are now the powers around Houston. I remember when Elsik, Hastings, and Madison (not since V.Young) were the first schools any recruiter would go to.....now we have CLEMENTS going deep in the playoffs??!! wow

I believe that because of the increasing academic demands the NCAA is requiring, institutions aren't even looking at students who dont have a 2.6 or better. Though some of the best athletes come from inner city areas, there is no doubt that you will find a more complete student-athlete in the burbs......IMOxthumbsupx

Panther88
February 11th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I agree, however I am not 100% sure that is the reason either. As I look at houston area football now, its apparent that the suburbs (including katy) are the teams that are now the powers around Houston. I remember when Elsik, Hastings, and Madison (not since V.Young) were the first schools any recruiter would go to.....now we have CLEMENTS going deep in the playoffs??!! wow

I believe that because of the increasing academic demands the NCAA is requiring, institutions aren't even looking at students who dont have a 2.6 or better. Though some of the best athletes come from inner city areas, there is no doubt that you will find a more complete student-athlete in the burbs......IMOxthumbsupx

Well, I was doing my best to stop short of saying what you just did. lol It's very sad, but very true. xnonono2x