PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Sun-Times disrespect...

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/campus/cst-spt-isu23.html

...Siskowic has a chance to approach some of Grigsby's records, but he doesn't allow himself to think about that or his own NFL chances. The Gateway Conference season opens Saturday with a home game against Murray State. The Redbirds (2-1) have some making up to do after going 2-5 in the Gateway last year and 4-7 overall.

JOE GODDARD Staff [email protected]

I suggest emailing this idiot and letting him know that before he prints any more articles, he should get a clue about the schools in his state and how he further proves the theory that writers are just plain ignorant when it comes to I-AA Football

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
And on my RBF board, I get chastized because at least they wrote about us... I swear ILS fans are friggin morons... all they care about is basketball Damn shame!!!

Tribe4SF
September 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
I sent him an email.

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 09:42 AM
It was a nice write up on Siskowic, but he ends it with his ignorance LOL

IaaScribe
September 23rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
It was an innocent mistake. It happens. Not apologizing for it because as a writer, I beat myself up over such innocent mistakes. But to think the guy "disrespected" I-AA by getting a conference affiliation wrong with some sinister agenda in mind is ridiculous. Calm down.

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 09:59 AM
It was an innocent mistake. It happens. Not apologizing for it because as a writer, I beat myself up over such innocent mistakes. But to think the guy "disrespected" I-AA by getting a conference affiliation wrong with some sinister agenda in mind is ridiculous. Calm down.

Its a state school, you think he would know what conferences they are in (which he did)and who all are in them (obviously not). If it were the Illini or Northwestern, you bet your ass he would have check his facts!!! And imagine if he stated anything negative about Notre Dame here The ***** would hit the fan. It just irks me that a writer cant even get his stuff right in a noce article about my school!!! Shame on the editor too for trusting this guys facts. Mountain out of a molehill, probably, but it pisses me off!!! Sorry!

dungeonjoe
September 23rd, 2005, 10:04 AM

innocent mistake compounded by poor editing, it happens. If it was a conspiracy, the article would not have been written.

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 10:15 AM
If I make an innocent mistake (im an electrician) I could lose my life. I expect a writer to check the facts, re-read his work and get it right!!!

IaaScribe
September 23rd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Matt, just curious, is this a guy who covers the state's I-AAs regularly?

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 10:32 AM
NO BODY covers the state's I-AA... that is why I get pissed about the simplest mistakes like this

GannonFan
September 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Its a state school, you think he would know what conferences they are in (which he did)and who all are in them (obviously not). If it were the Illini or Northwestern, you bet your ass he would have check his facts!!! And imagine if he stated anything negative about Notre Dame here The ***** would hit the fan. It just irks me that a writer cant even get his stuff right in a noce article about my school!!! Shame on the editor too for trusting this guys facts. Mountain out of a molehill, probably, but it pisses me off!!! Sorry!

Technically he got ISU's conference correct - so really the people who should be upset are the Murray St fans - I wonder when they're going to post their disgust at this? ;)

Chi Panther
September 23rd, 2005, 02:28 PM
The Education of Chicago and Northwestern will come......

"Just announced on the Northwestern website...SIU will play at Ryan Field in Evanston on September 13, 2008!"

---from www.valleytalk.net

ISUMatt
September 23rd, 2005, 02:32 PM
Thats old news the big news for SIU is they have a return game @ NIU in 07, going to indiana in 06 and NW in 08