PDA

View Full Version : Topic about App's Signees....

APPALACHIANstate
February 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Where is it?

Are we sad with this years recruits? I am not.

APPSTER
February 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Where is it?

Nobody is sad about this year's recruits...we got everyone we wanted.
Some of these kids will be redshirted...we have a bunch of redshirts from last year that will be impact players this year.

I think its fair to say that we just "reloaded."
Keep looking....there is a topic on here with our recruits listed.

asufan87
February 6th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Most App recruiting discussion is on the App Rivals site.

Blueandwhitefightfight
February 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I mean, the class is pretty good but I thought you guys could have done a little better with all the media attention from the 3-peat AND beating Michigan. Not too shabby, but GSU definitely had the same result recruiting against App. St. as they did on the field against them this year.

GreatAppSt
February 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Where is it?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37223

xreadx

APPSTER
February 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I mean, the class is pretty good but I thought you guys could have done a little better with all the media attention from the 3-peat AND beating Michigan. Not too shabby, but GSU definitely had the same result recruiting against App. St. as they did on the field against them this year.

Remember you guys had 4 weeks to recruit while we were um, busy....you know winning 3 playoff games and a National Championship.

Other than Barney, not sure that you guys got anyone that we actually went after. Should be a good one in Statesboro...hopefully Barney makes it out of that in one piece.

Appguy
February 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM
did yall see jerry moore on espn 2 today (at 2 something) talking about our recruiting class?

KiddBrewer
February 6th, 2008, 11:34 PM
like ive said one hundred times....its not about recruiting athletes who have performed at the high school level above their competition. take this from a person who is just 3 years out of high school and knows how typical top notch high school athletes act. you dont have to recruit the best high school athletes in the world to win games. the key, as we have found recently based on our previous signing day pickups is, teaching kids how to win, teaching them how to work. we'll teach the guys we got the Appalachian mentality and work ethic, and they will contribute toward winning games for the black and gold. remember, this is far from an individual sport, and big events like signing day often forget that fact.

Appstate29
February 7th, 2008, 12:16 AM

Just like a Ga southern fan to crow about a RECRUITING CLASS. A bunch of guys that haven't even seen the field, we will see how they do in a few years, those that make it.

WCU LawCat
February 7th, 2008, 12:45 AM
It appears GSU has gone after a lot of prop players. WCU did this under briggs. I am happy we are going away from this.

(this is not a "put down" on GSU. I have just been watching WCU do it for 6 years and it did not work for us. We had too many defections too build a program and team chemestry)

ASU
February 7th, 2008, 01:11 AM
It appears GSU has gone after a lot of prop players. WCU did this under briggs. I am happy we are going away from this.

(this is not a "put down" on GSU. I have just been watching WCU do it for 6 years and it did not work for us. We had too many defections too build a program and team chemestry)

How did Wagner do by the way? He sure did not have a lot of time this year. Sure would be good to see Western doing really well again. Rather take your jabs than these from these Ga Sowbellies....guess they did have a good recruiting class.....signed 30 or more players. Can't understand that since NCAA only allows 25 per year, but some were Jr college, or transfers evidently.xrulesx

Appaholic
February 7th, 2008, 09:25 AM

Ummm....our class was rated #122.....GSU wasn't even rated.....and were talking recruiting......how many head coaches did you recruit.....probably need to keep that pipeline filled as much as the student-athlete pipeline....xwhistlex

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 7th, 2008, 09:41 AM

I don't put a lot of faith in media hype of recruits, but I do know this...

Part of recruiting in sub-FBS is being able to recognize talent that gets overlooked by the big guys. I watched Valdosta State in the national championship in 2004 and against this past December and they had some great athletes and in that time have sent some players to the pros. There's no doubt in my mind that Hatcher has this kind of sagacity.

Ummm....our class was rated #122.....GSU wasn't even rated.....and were talking recruiting......how many head coaches did you recruit.....probably need to keep that pipeline filled as much as the student-athlete pipeline....xwhistlex

Using the criteria that they use to rank recruiting classes, I'd say we are at least even with you guys.

For some reason the site does not have the correct list of signees for GSU, so that is why they are probably not ranked.

DLS
February 7th, 2008, 09:53 AM
just a moment ago GSU had the greatest recruiting class of all times now they're "atleast even" with app?

it feels like you are inadvertinately putting us on a pedestal. umm. . . thnx.

fjblair
February 7th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Yeah, right.

neersnbeers
February 7th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I am very pleased with the incoming class. Could've used another OL or two but in all not to bad. Remember, we have some solid red-shirts that will prob. see some good PT this year. GO APPS!!!!