PDA

View Full Version : I hear SLU has the best FCS recruiting class....

McNeese_beat
February 6th, 2008, 06:33 PM
I'm here in Hammond for the McNeese-SLU hoops game and that's what I hear...

And I heard the same thing about McNeese, Georgia Southern, Montana, Nicholls, Sam Houston, all the Dakota schools, Southern etc, etc., etc. .......xconfusedx xconfusedx

xlolx xlolx

I guess we'll find out in about four years who got a the best class today...

JDC325
February 6th, 2008, 06:58 PM

And I heard the same thing about McNeese, Georgia Southern, Montana, Nicholls, Sam Houston, all the Dakota schools, Southern etc, etc., etc. .......xconfusedx xconfusedx

xlolx xlolx

Folks maybe a little over zealous but it sure good to be in the crowd that can make such a "claim" vs. ones who know for a fact they can not. xpeacex We will see in a few years but I expect the team that are top 25 now to be the about the same in a few years.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 6th, 2008, 07:03 PM

xlolx xlolx

Well since I have a completely unbiased view on this whole matter I highlighted the team that has the best recruiting class.

TexasTerror
February 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
McNeese_Beat,

When I was in Lake Charles, La. in November, I got into an argument with a McNeese fan who thought he knew everything about anything McNeese football. He was actually not that knowledgable of a fan -- I probably ran into the wrong individual.

Too bad it wasn't you that I ran into... ;)

Give a shoutout from TT to the Men's BB SID in Hammond! :)

McNeese_beat
February 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM
Folks maybe a little over zealous but it sure good to be in the crowd that can make such a "claim" vs. ones who know for a fact they can not. xpeacex We will see in a few years but I expect the team that are top 25 now to be the about the same in a few years.

It's so hard to gauge at this level. It's one thing to rank who's the best players period then figure out who got them, but who's the xth best (as in the guys who end up going FCS) and how do they compare to the next guy's is tricky.

One thing I've noticed is even within a recruiting site, the way players are rated changes according to where they are. In some places, it seems "stars" are divvied out much more liberally than others. I think some of it may depend on who's running which regional site.

It also seems that if a guy is publicly offered by an FBS, he automatically gets two stars. McNeese got two two-star offensive linemen because they had previously committed to C-USA schools and changed their commitment. A DB who had committed to McNeese, Raggett, had no stars until Tuesday, when he switched his commitment to Arkansas. Now he has two stars. You mean to tell me he was a no-star player on Monday, but a two-star player on Tuesday?

However, McNeese had other recruits who said they were offered by FBS schools, but did not say so until after they committed to McNeese. Since it did not become public that they were offered by the FBS schools, they were 0-star players.

Generally speaking, I put no stock in a site like Rivals for judging this level of football recruiting. It's shaky to use it even to judge BCS level recruiting classes, but it's completely useless for the FCS level, in my opinion. The process is way too nuanced for a site as simplistic as Rivals.

McNeese_beat
February 7th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Well since I have a completely unbiased view on this whole matter I highlighted the team that has the best recruiting class.

I heard you got the best class of any school between Grass Valley and Bonner Junction. Beyond that it's harder to tell...

McNeese_beat
February 7th, 2008, 02:06 AM
McNeese_Beat,

When I was in Lake Charles, La. in November, I got into an argument with a McNeese fan who thought he knew everything about anything McNeese football. He was actually not that knowledgable of a fan -- I probably ran into the wrong individual.

Too bad it wasn't you that I ran into... ;)

Give a shoutout from TT to the Men's BB SID in Hammond! :)

There are some McNeese fans that know a lot. But there are a lot of McNeese fans who, after the right number of beverages at tailgating, know EVERYTHING xbeerchugx xbeerchugx xbeerchugx Then in the morning they forget it all...:pumpuke:

But I doubt if McNeese is the only school that has those...

OL FU
February 7th, 2008, 06:55 AM
I think Chattanooga has made that claim a few timesxnodx xsmiley_wix

I agree with some of the above, the only way you know is to wait and see how they doxthumbsupx

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I thought I saw where as of today, Eastern Washington was #1 FCS recruiting class, Illinois State #2, Appalachian State #3...

ysubigred
February 7th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I thought I saw where as of today, Eastern Washington was #1 FCS recruiting class, Illinois State #2, Appalachian State #3...

Matt do you have a link to this info?

Thanks,

YBR

ISUMatt
February 7th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Matt do you have a link to this info?

Thanks,

YBR

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2008&Page=5&PosType=0&Sort=0

Now I dont believe in ranking a class before any kids step on the field, but I was just going off of what Rivals wrote

Plus their numbers may be off, I know ISU signed 22 guys yesterday, Rivals has us for 16

Seat16Demon
February 7th, 2008, 10:01 AM
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2008&Page=5&PosType=0&Sort=0

Now I dont believe in ranking a class before any kids step on the field, but I was just going off of what Rivals wrote

Plus their numbers may be off, I know ISU signed 22 guys yesterday, Rivals has us for 16

There you have it!
xrolleyesx

GannonFan
February 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I think Chattanooga has made that claim a few timesxnodx xsmiley_wix

I agree with some of the above, the only way you know is to wait and see how they doxthumbsupx

Yeah, I miss those days. It was something like 5 years in a row where the Mocs trumpeted the highest rated class in all of I-AA (at the time) - oh well, at least they were optimistic. xnodx

bench
February 7th, 2008, 10:10 AM

But but wait what about Georgia Southern's bounteous harvest of stars

blueballs
February 7th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Here is the messageboard readers' and fans' guide to recruiting classes:

"My school's group of kids that signed and most of whom I've never seen play before are better than any other school's, and your school's in particular, group of kids that signed of whom I've never seen play before."

Unless any of you are HS or college coaches that is all you need to know...

813Jag
February 7th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Here is the messageboard readers' and fans' guide to recruiting classes:

"My school's group of kids that signed and most of whom I've never seen play before are better than any other school's, and your school's in particular, group of kids that signed of whom I've never seen play before."

Unless any of you are HS or college coaches that is all you need to know...
Most of the bickering is just a pissing match. I like to keep tabs of most of the kids in town, no matter where they're going to school. I try to catch as many games in town as I can, so I can offer my opinion on players from Tampa.

ysubigred
February 7th, 2008, 10:58 AM

Thanks! Looks like you all did real well xthumbsupx

OSBF
February 7th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Indiana State had a class of 1. What gives with that?

ElonPride
February 7th, 2008, 11:08 AM
But but wait what about Georgia Southern's bounteous harvest of stars

You beat me to it xlolx

GannonFan
February 7th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Indiana State had a class of 1. What gives with that?

Maybe he's really, really good. :D

McNeese75
February 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM

xlolx Must be the salary cap :D

Chi Panther
February 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
http://iowapreps.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=165&Sport=1

I think this class is hard to beat....but I'm biased.....

Chi Panther
February 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM

LOL

JMUDuke2002
February 7th, 2008, 02:08 PM
You can't trust rivals. They rarely have an CAA school except Richmond or Nova on their "rankings" list, and you all know the strength of our conference.

JMUDuke2002
February 7th, 2008, 02:10 PM
http://iowapreps.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?Year=2008&School=165&Sport=1

I think this class is hard to beat....but I'm biased.....

Hopefully that great class will help you come playoff time when another CAA team comes to visit.

mlbowl
February 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM

LMFAOxlolx

UCABEARS75
February 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
This just in:

According to both Rivals and ESPN we have the best recruiting class in Faulkner County.

GeauxLions94
February 8th, 2008, 10:06 AM

You are correct, sir, YES! :p

We have the best recruiting class in Tangipahoa Parish and the I-12 corridor from Denham Springs to Slidell. Rivals says so xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

straightshooter
February 8th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Once Rivals gets all the signees updated, you'll be able to see where the classes rank. I see that they've got four three star kids up for GSU now, but they've still got four or five two stars to put up.

Looks like UNI, Montana, ASU, SIU and GSU did really well on paper according to the recruiting services. We all know that they're just guessing, so we'll see how things play out on the field, but this stuff does make for grea conversation.

McNeese_beat
February 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
You are correct, sir, YES! :p

We have the best recruiting class in Tangipahoa Parish and the I-12 corridor from Denham Springs to Slidell. Rivals says so xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

Better than St. Paul's?

Purple Pride
February 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
This just in:

According to both Rivals and ESPN we have the best recruiting class in Faulkner County.xlmaox

GeauxLions94
February 8th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Better than St. Paul's?

xoopsx