PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of FCS

USDFAN_55
February 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Just read an article in the San Diego news paper about players choosing an FCS school over an FBS school. It's good to see some positive press about the FCS on national signing day.

It's hard to find a high school football player who doesn't at some point dream of playing at the next level.
Bonita Vista's Kyle Kmet was one. So were Chula Vista's Taylor Julio, Mount Miguel's Chidozie Ekweozor and Brawley's Kyle Mohamed.

All four had dreams of continuing their careers at a four-year school. Today, each will sign his name to a national letter of intent and accept a scholarship to play college football.
For these athletes, the best place wasn't a big-budget school.....

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/preps/football/20080206-9999-1s6p-vargas.html

danefan
February 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Nice article.

mlbowl
February 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Great article!

Ivytalk
February 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Nice job, Ms. Vargas!xthumbsupx

Good to see 4 Ivy recruits on the list!xnodx

already123
February 6th, 2008, 11:26 AM
great article!...were looking forward to Mr. Julio out here at NAU!

andy7171
February 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Very nice article!

Model Citizen
February 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
A couple of them were potential walk ons at the I-As. With no scholarship money and no playing time, rationalizaton is easy.

bonarae
February 8th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Nice article/read!

DetroitFlyer
February 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
A couple of them were potential walk ons at the I-As. With no scholarship money and no playing time, rationalizaton is easy.

Have to disagree.... Dayton "lost" two high profile QB's this recruiting season. One was the State of Ohio's Mr. Football. He and his family and supporters all believed that he should have received FBS offers. He did not receive a one.... He did receive a scholarship offer from Central Conn.... In the end, his decision came down to Dayton or walking on at FBS Bowling Green. He is walking on at BG, and is not even a preferred walk on. He will have to try and make the team. Now, if things do not work out at BG, maybe Dayton has shot at him next year....

The second QB played for the state champion in Kentucky, ( largest division schools ). His decision came down to walking on at Louisville or Dayton. He chose to walk on at Louisville....

There are a ton of kids that will do anything to play at the highest level possible. If a kid chooses an FCS school over an FBS school, especially the walk on option, he has seen the advantages of playing in FCS. In my opinion, the two QB's Dayton "lost" will not thrive at BG or Louisville. I will not be surprised at all to see both transfer to an FCS school next year if they are really interested in playing football. In some respects, it is a shame that kids like these and their families cannot see the forest through the trees. I wish both kids all of the success in the world, but if I were a betting man, I would say the odds are significantly stacked agains t them....

Go...gate
February 8th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Great article.